Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino)

Verdi, Nevada

• Bike Path(s) Bike Path(s) yes
  • Hiking Hiking yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • Casino Casino yes

Ask a Question About Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino)

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $38.00

Excellent park. Located on casino property but park stands alone. Clean, large level paved sites. FHU and cable. Wi-fi pretty good. Directly off I-80. Some traffic and train noise but certainly not bothersome. Excellent service from staff. Casino nice with good food at restaurants. Would absolutely stay here again. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel, Grass

Easy drive into Reno or about 45 min drive down to Lake Tahoe. Local bar/grill called Sasquatch about 5 min drive in Verdi - great little place. Lots of shopping, Walmart nearby.

JGR

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $35.00

We liked this park, great setting. This park is a retreat if you want to escape the hustle and traffic of Reno but you are close enough to enjoy all the amenities of the big city. Campground is very quiet even with I-80 not far away. It is very well maintained and the staff is very helpful. People with dogs pick up after them and help keep the park clean. Walking trails go out of the park for short hikes with your dogs. We will definitely stay here again. - We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

This 300+ space park had only 5 available spaces when we arrived so the lady in the office was very busy, but she went way out of her way to accommodate us. The park offers full-hookup sites with long asphalt pads and some sites have grass and most have a tree. There is, of course, a casino, a cafe, coffee shop, quick shop with sub sandwiches, and a fuel station. It is conveniently located at Exit 2 on I-80. In fact, when you exit, you are at their entrance. We stayed 2 nights and would stay here again. There is some traffic noise. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Motorhome.

Verdi, NV is a suburb of Reno so there isn't any kind of store or entertainment that isn't available.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $43.00

I like this park, very pretty setting. You're far enough out of Reno to feel like you're not in the mix of all the hustle and bustle. This park is used as a summer retreat; you see a lot of not permanents, but a lot of long term campers. You don't hear a lot of the I-80 freeway noise, so the campground is very quiet. The price per night reflects taxes, Good Sam discount. I think their prices are a little bit on the high side for fall rates but it's still a nice place to camp. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Motorhome.

The restaurant connected to the casino/campground is very good.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $38.00

This is a casino rv park. It is well kept. The office staff were very nice. Our space was very large with a nice lawn. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $41.00

Second time to this park. Nice clean park and pool. Would go back. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Fifth Wheel.

near pool
Concrete, Asphalt, Grass

Spacious, Nearby

Reno and local area.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $39.00

Nice views and good space between sites. My pull thru was long enough but had trouble leveling side to side but we lived with it. It seemed they water every night causing the grass area to be soggy and never drying out. Also causes water spots on my coach. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $40.00

We have stayed in the Reno area previously, but somehow had never discovered Gold Ranch. We were very glad to have stayed there this time. The entire property is very easy to navigate, and is a great location just off of I-80. Office staff was very friendly and accommodating. The RV park is in great shape, and the sites are long, level, and have a nice amount of space between them. The grass is in fine shape. I loved the availability of food options at the casino, and found the main restaurant to have good food and even better prices. We will definitely plan to stay at Gold Ranch when visiting Reno again. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Travel Trailer.

The casino has a full restaurant, Starbucks, Jack in the Box, sub shop, and convenient store. Very handy to be right near the RV park.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $37.00

Easy in and out from I80. $ based on weekly rate. Paved roads, sites. Grassy area at each site. Pinic table is located on a gravel area at each site. Plenty of room between. We were in site 51, PT FHU, which was extra long for our 40 ft and truck. And the view from this site is gorgeous. Mountains and trees all around. Plenty of full timers here, but everything is well taken care of. No junk. Laundry is in clubhouse with 7 washers and dryers, 1.50 ea. Go sit in lounge area with book, or watch tv. There are also 7 private showers w/sinks/toilets in the clubhouse. Water pressure is great. Cable tv good. Wifi good. Pool was heated and very clean, although small. Horseshoe area, too. Nice pet area and walking trails. We haven't stayed at casino owned rv parks. And some we have seen were like being in their parking lot. Not this one. And we did like the restaurant, which we tried for all 3 meals. Plus there is a coffee shop w/limited, but very good bakery items - a Jack In The Box - a gas station and convenience store. If you want convenience, in a pretty setting, this is it. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Fifth Wheel.

Took a day trip to Lake Tahoe. Drove completely around, had lunch in Truckee, made lots of photo shoot stops and all in 5 hours. Don't miss the National Automobile Museum in Reno, even if you aren't a big car enthusiast. Reno is about 15/20 min from park.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $35.00

One of our favorites in the West, and absolute favorite in the Reno area. The only problem we encountered was Wi-Fi, and their inability (after 4 days) to fix it. The site was great, spacious, clean, and surrounded by beautiful mountains. We did not use the "facilities", but the trash dumpster was nearby (area clean), plenty of lawns (well maintained), and we will return. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Motorhome.

Get fuel elsewhere (high priced), and if you want anything from the service desk don't bother (including extending your stay).

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $42.00

This must be the most spacious RV park I have ever been in and one of the best maintained. Great view enough to the lake and Reno at the same time. I have trouble breathing at high altitudes and did not know if I would be able to take this for as long as we had reserved it. The office staff suggested that I check-in for three nights instead of the four I had reserved and they put my space on hold for the fourth night. Their reasoning was I would not have to wait for a refund if I checked out after 3 nights. The sites required that you put block down for your jacks. I did not do this and my 40 footer put a 2" hole in the pavement. I told them about this when I checked out and they said not to worry about it. Looking for a place while visiting the area this is the spot to call home for a while. Good restaurant, pool, and other facilities. Except for the altitude I would go there and spend a week or so in the area. There are no negatives for this park. They no longer take full timers but are not kicking them out just not allowing anymore when they do leave. So while there are some it is less than 5% of the spaces if it makes a difference to you. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Motorhome.

Short ways to Reno and Lake Tahoe. This is a great place to stop if you are planning to visit either or both of these. There is a Cabela's sporting goods store just down the road. Do not forget to visit Truckee at least take a drive through it. Interesting places to walk however. I had to leave all of this for driving as at 5000 feet I'm close to having to use oxygen. One lung and being old does not allow me to do what I used to be able to do.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $48.00

We have stayed at thus park numerous times. It continues to be a lovely park. On thing to note is that the sewer connections are at the back of the site, so may need a longer hose. People are friendly and it is near many Reno area activities. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $37.00

Staff friendly and helpful. Park was clean, had nice views with a small walking trail, and big rig friendly. Sites are paved, long but slightly narrow (although able to open all 3 slides), unlevel side to side, but manageable. We had a problem getting into the site due to low hanging tree branches. This was a problem on many other sites as well. Good space between sites with well kept grass. Traveled in 5th wheel. Would stay again. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $39.00

We have stayed at this park a couple of times before and it remains one of our favorites. Long spaces with grassy areas in between. FHU cable and wifi. In the past, the wifi was not free, causing us to downgrade the rating. Now the wifi is free, but we could not get it to work. We were at the back of the park, so it could be a proximity issue, but still the wifi needs work. Verizon signal was strong. Easy on and off freeway, although there is a bit of congestion and a short distance to travel. Suggest googling the road to be familiar with it before entering. Neither the train or road noise was significant enough to bother us. We did not use the pool or spa, but it snowed while we were there. We will definitely stay again. We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Fifth Wheel.

This is right on the border of California and Nevada. There is a casino, gas station, cafe and a couple of fast food places within easy walking distance. Also the rear of the property, is actually in California, so there is a California Lottery store there as well. Easy drive to Reno and corresponding activities. 45 minute drive to Truckee, North Lake Tahoe area. Lots to do in the area.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $40.00

Great location! In the trees, lots of shade and grass next to each site. Casino with a good restaurant plus a few fast food restaurants within a 5 minute walk. CA lotto too is here. Good cable and wi-fi, (be aware- wi-fi is unsecured!). Individual combo restroom/shower rooms were clean and spacious. However, these rooms are the unisex setup, meaning these rooms are right next to each other. There's no separate areas for men and women. Some people might feel uncomfortable with this type of proximity to each other. Service staff is very good. I came in after hours and they had posted a map with my name and site number on the the door for me and told me to wait until the following morning to do the paperwork- awesome! We camped at Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) in a Travel Trailer.

Coachland RV Park

Truckee, California

Shamrock RV Park

Reno, Nevada

Reno KOA at Boomtown

Verdi, Nevada

New Frontier RV Park

Winnemucca, Nevada

Are you affiliated with Gold Ranch Casino & RV Resort (formerly Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino) ?