Virginia City RV Park

Virginia City, Nevada

User3674

I'd give the park a 10 if the pavement was better. Not terrible but unsightly cracks. They have a handy little camp store. Road is smooth and sites were quite level. Is VERY dark, cool, and quiet there at night! Walking distance to the downtown area as long as you are OK with Virginia City's hilly terrain. Easy to get in and out. Look on a map to see where 'D' street turns off the main drag for access that's not steep like many of the streets there. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Motorhome.

User3137

This park is small and the sites are very narrow. Only a couple of sites are adequate for larger rigs or MHs. Also, prepaid reservations for the bigger sites may not be honored. There are stacks of junk and maintenance debris piled around the park and the full time slots look trashy. The WiFi was barely detectable on all of our devices. The office staff (owners) are rude and belligerent. This park my be suitable for smaller TTs and 5th wheels but I would not recommend it for MHs, especially those with toads or trailers. We ended up leaving as the site options offered to us were not equivalent to what we reserved. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Motorhome.

lisaloo

This is a small, well located RV park overlooking the famous Virginia City cemetary. Luckily we're here in the low season and were given a slot with no neighbors. Otherwise it would be uncomfortably close. The bathroom block includes four separate rooms, each with a toilet and shower. Showers are free. Though the facility is older, the rooms and fixtures are clean. In the middle of the night on my trip to the bathroom I ran into some wild horses...a lovely interlude. My only real disappointment is that so much junk is being stored in the open. This gives the place a junkier appearance than it deserves. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Grayhound

Great view of the area mountains and Boot Hill, and you are right in Virginia City. The store is nice and the bathhouse has 4 private rooms with toilet, sink, and shower. The roads and sites are old cracked pavement and the rest is stone. Power was down to 110V in the afternoon with everyone running the ACs. Make sure you DO NOT take route 342; our GPS took us on that road even with it programmed for RV mode the road has a 15% grade-a very hard climb towing. We would stay here again. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Motorhome.

bambilynn

Well-maintained, yet small campground in a fun tourist area with lots of museums and saloons and a 19th cemetery. Check their website for the town activity schedule; we stayed an extra day to participate in the camel/ostrich rodeo. Very clean,individual bathrooms for private showers, etc. (just like at home). Sites were small but views were spectacular. Everyone in the park was very friendly. Went up the mountain on steep, windy Truck Route and down on 6-mile canyon road and I recommend the latter. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Motorhome.

NVRANCHGIRL

We were very pleased with the facilities. The bathrooms were clean, store well-stocked, full time residents were very pleasant and the employees accommodating. Breakfast buffet was good, spectacular views of the surrounding mountains and herds of wild horses are seen frequently. A short walk to town provides historic museums, gambling, dining and dancing. Don't miss the Comstock Cowboys at the " Bucket Of Blood" Saloon! OVH trails are great and you can even ride in town (excepting Main St.) and although there is no pool in the park, the Miner's Park pool is across the street and easily accessible. Sites are a bit small and grass would be nice, but we had no problem with our slideout and the park was nice and quiet. Would definitely come back! We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

jstlucas

No Internet. Manager said sometimes they have it, sometimes not. Showers and restrooms clean and nice. Back in site overlooking the cemeteries was fun, didn't see any ghosts, though. Only stayed one night; we'll have to go back and spend more time in Virginia City. And we'll have no hesitation about staying at this campground again. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Motorhome.

djtel

Many permanent residents noisy and rude. Manager didn't care when pointed out to them. Our 29 foot trailer could only fit in one site as we are required to also put the truck in the short spaces left over from permanent residents. Sites extremely close together. Will not stay there again. Wi-fi did not work most of the time. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

g & c on the road

I'm glad I called for directions, even though I had a GPS unit in my motorhome because the nice gal told me to be sure to use the Truck Route. I would have not made it if I hadn't known that. The campground was small: but nice. The only thing I didn't like was that when I checked in, my husband was waiting in the motorhome and the gal at the counter was the only one in the store, so even though I was there first, she kept taking people buying things ahead of me. I had to wait and wait and wait. One woman bought something, left, came back later and bought something else and I was still there waiting while others were being served before me. Finally the gal decided to allow me to pay and had a whole bunch of brochures (that I had no interest in) that she wanted to open up and go through each and every one with me! Horseback riding, (I have my own horses and don't want to ride rental horses), golf cart taxi's (I have a car I tow and am not interested in that) and so on and so on. All the while, my husband waited in the motorhome. I figured the gal meant well, so didn't say anything. We stayed 2 nights and had a great time: Virginia City is so wonderful with the old beautiful buildings and Lake Tahoe isn't that far away. We took a day trip over there. Everything worked fine at the campground: Wi-Fi, TV, all was great. Price was pretty good too! By the way, be sure to go to The Ponderosa and visit "Pondo" the resident Saint Bernard puppy! Also be sure to avoid the Delta: the bartender is a jerk. The campground gave us a "buy one get one free" drink pass for the Delta, when we presented it we were charged $5 for the beer that was $4 on the menu and couldn't believe anyone with an attitude like that could be allowed to work with the public. It was so bad that we didn't even use the other coupon we had. Then we went up the street and found The Ponderosa, where the owner let us bring our dog into the bar to visit with Pondo. It was great. The "Pondo-drool" beer was the best! Said he'd accept the coupon from the Delta: but he was so nice we didn't use it. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Motorhome.

Keeping up with the Joneses

Walking distance to cemetery and Virginia City. Some of the nicest restroom/shower facilities we've seen. Lots of amenities, though we didn't use them. Although full, they let us leave our motorhome a couple of hours past check-out so we could run the AC for our pets. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Motorhome.

2ndhom

Very crowded with local full timers. Noisy, many large dogs and people walking around drinking beer. Very narrow ingress/egress. Would not stay there again. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Motorhome.

artiemeek

Cable TV fine though one has to have a female to female adapter to connect. The park will provide or sell for $2.50. You also most likely will need a long TV cable to reach where the park's connector is located. WiFi supposedly available at a cost of $9.95 a day though I could not access the provider. Information provided by office gave a website and email address if help were needed but not being available to access the Internet that information was useless. Some site have shade. The site assigned to us was in full sun all day. Parking pads are of asphalt but the spaces between units dirt and very dusty. Fairly well-stocked convenience store and there also is a deli. Store/office personnel very nice and helpful. Cell phone access not available. Nice bathroom setup with private space for shower/comode/sink. Cleanliness satisfactory, but area showed age and accumulation of dirt over the years. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Motorhome.

blossom

We stayed here over Memorial weekend. It rained most of the time, but we still had a good time. The space between rv's are a little tight. 50 spaces on 2 acres, not much room. Backing up was tricky, small pads for parking. Small store, nice laundrymat, nice and clean restrooms. Close walk to town. Our site was over-looking the grave yard. There is a pool and park down the street. Over all we had a nice time, and most likely will return. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Class8RV

We have a very large rig, and with a little notice the operators of this park took great care of us. The facilities are very clean, the store is the best stocked of any RV park I have ever visited, the little deli serves a nice little breakfast buffet on the weekends and the staff is friendly and continued to ask me how my stay was. Yes there are long term residents in the park but they seem to blend in to the character of the town and the park. Of course the park is a bit tight but, the whole town is built on the side of a mountain and close proximity prevails. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Motorhome.

newman

Park has 50 sites, but over 20 of them have full-time residents in them. The management is rude and uncooperative. When we booked, we asked to be put together, but they would not allow it. We had to trade among other campers who has the same problem. The sites were very small, with many of them barely wide enough to allow a slide out, let alone park your tow vehicle. The upkeep was poor, so much so that my wife and daughter were locked in the bathroom due to a malfunctioning deadbolt.If you want cable TV, make sure you bring your own splitter or adapter, as the cable comes out of a box about 2 feet and terminates with a male end. The town is nice to visit, and there are lots of OHV trails, many right from the campground. The town market is in the campground store, which is good or bad depending on your needs. The problem with this park, is that it is the only game in town and they know it! They seem to be making improvements, but they have a ways to go. We camped at Virginia City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Virginia City RV Park?