7 Good

Winnemucca, Nevada

Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca)

Winnemucca, Nevada

5575 E. Winnemucca Blvd
Winnemucca, Nevada 89445

Recent Rate: $40 6/2016

Longitude: -117.7066719532

• Bike Rentals Bike Rentals yes
  • Casino Casino yes

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $33.00

This park is a gem. Our site #88 was dead on level and looking around we did not see any problem sites. We were away from I-80 and closer sites may have a minor noise problem. The property is very clean, the people were very friendly. Guide to site, good cable, fair wifi. This is one of the nicest KOA's we have stayed in. Wish it was in an area we would stay longer. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Fifth Wheel.

Stay out of the casino's in Winnamuca, they are very greedy :)

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $14.00

Our price reflected KOA points that we cashed in...otherwise the cost was around $40, which is typical KOA pricing. This is the only park that we've seen that had a dog shampoo area....pretty nice. Pool was just finished and repainted....water was great. Location is easy off and on the interstate. A tad scruffy around the edges for the price. Staff was helpful and accommodating. The front bathroom is a bit dated. The large one was better. WiFi was sufficient. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $41.00

Typical KOA, price not too God-awful high, sites close together gravel but level. Pool looked well maintained, they had a dog wash station next to dog run. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

While this is a "Journey" type KOA.

They have a swim pool and banana bikes for kids. The sites have newly planted trees and decent space for pull-through and picnic tables. Staff is very helpful. A guide met us at the entrance so we didn't even need to get out to check in. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $35.00

We were happy to find this KOA which is geared to accommodate overnighters. Very efficient check in process. Full KOA amenities, and folks were definitely taking advantage of the nice pool. Restrooms were great. Little dog park was fine if a bit too small for play time. I really think these owners have done their best to provide a decent place to stop in a not very attractive desert area. We would stay again for an over night. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $40.00

This is our yearly visit as we travel back East to visit Military family members. Once again Dave (owner) and Dixie (manager) made our overnight stay fantastic. While there we were hit with a "mini tornado" (dust devil until it picked up a pick nick table and threw it 30 feet) and it destroyed our patio awning. I had to use self tapping screws to hold the awning arms to the awning frame just so I could make it home. Thanks to the staff of the Winnemucca KOA for all you do. We will always stay with you when in the area. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Motorhome.

Try their Chicago and New York hotdogs...very good!

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $25.00

This is a beautiful park with lots of nice amenities. The service is great, and includes excellent wifi and a massive list of cable TV channels. There's even a dog wash area. However, leveling is almost impossible. If I did not have a residential refrigerator I would not have been able to stay. There is nothing remotely level about this site, or any of the others, which I heard people complaining about. The sole sewer hookup is more than 25 feet away from where it's needed. What on Earth is THAT all about? We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $39.00

Our site was level and clean. Convenient to interstate, good overnight stop. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $29.00

With the new affiliation the owner has been making improvements to the campground. He is in the process of improving the hook-ups at the sites and removing the permanent camping units. The bathrooms were very clean and the campsites spacious. I would definitely stay here again if in the area. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $37.00

Road noise and trains are always an issue in Winnemucca. This park would be perfect except for noise. Very nice bathrooms and a golf cart greets you at the entrance. Store, restaurant, liquor, RV supplies, propane. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $21.00

This is a middle of the road park at best. There are too many full timers in the park with unkempt sites. The utility layouts of the pull throughs are very strange with electric at the front and water and sewer at the middle. We were unable to reach the sewer with our small Itasca Navion. The park, however, is OK for a one night stay passing through, and the Passport rate was only $21. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $38.00

Ok for an overnight stay, located near the interstate. We parked at one end of the property next to a trailer court behind a fence, so not a great view. Wi-Fi spotty at best, probably due to our distance from the office. Bathrooms are spotless and beautiful. Bathrooms have combination keys, and at one point the lock on the ladies room stopped working and required the assistance of the staff to get it open again. Some work is being done on the bathroom landscaping so there is a messy front area. Very close parking next to your neighbors. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $37.00

After driving South on the 95 through the desert this campground was an oasis. Completely gravel, with lots of sites we were just happy to have hook ups to run the air conditioner out here in this hot desert. Very nice staff escorted us to our site. The pool looked refreshing. But as I did laundry in the large laundry room I noticed several trucks pull up and local children poured out to use the pool. I didn't get the impression they were staying in the campground. Shuttle service to the casino is available and we took advantage of it. After arriving at the Casino, we walked downtown a block to eat. Overall, this campground is great for one night. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $40.00

Stayed overnight on way home from Wyoming. Found this park very clean, pool refreshing and clean, and bathrooms very clean. The owner and staff were very friendly and check in was a breeze. Escorted to site before check in even though we did not have a reservation. The owner also owns the Mobile Home Park behind the RV Park and allows it's residents access to pool and amenities. The store is fully supplied with RV products including heaters, air conditioners, etc. More products than an RV Dealer. Sites are pretty level and there are no problems with length as stated in other reviews. I am 55 feet long with tow vehicle and I fit with no problems. I will definitely stay here again. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $35.00

We like this place well enough. Level gravel sites, large enough for us to set up our 38 foot 5th wheel and pickup without having to unhook (ours was an overnight stay). Friendly and helpful staff. Rate reflects Good Sam and a site with water and electric only. We camped at Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca) in a Fifth Wheel.

Sparks Marina RV Park

Sparks, Nevada

Mountain Shadows RV Park

Wells, Nevada

Wendover KOA

West Wendover, Nevada

Angel Lake RV Park

Wells, Nevada

Are you affiliated with Winnemucca / I-80 KOA (formerly I-80 Winnemucca)?