Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground

760 U.S. Hwy 50
Zephyr Cove, Nevada 89448

• Horse Camp Horse Camp yes
  • Beach Beach yes

Ask fellow campers about "Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $75.00

I had booked a pull thru space (almost 8 months ago) and when I arrived, was put in a back in space (173). I have a 37 foot RV so I request a level pull thru for specific reasons. Space 173 was not level (even with RV jacks pushed to the full capacity), was not wide enough to put my slide out or have much room to walk out of the RV or sit outside. The water spigot leaked so bad that staff wrapped a towel around it. Water was running into the road and other campsites. It was pretty embarrassing when passerbys would stop and look at this river. I went out and turned the water off many times, just so we didn't have to deal with it. After trying to make this site work, I went to the office to see if they could move me. I talked to the manager on duty the next day and she was able to move me to another back in space (not a pull thru which I originally reserved). She was helpful with how many issues she was dealing with the long line of other campers with issues. This new space was not even close to being level either. I had to put the slide out and jacks down as I had 5 friends with me and needed the space inside. I ended up having a wheel bearing oil leak due to the site being so extremely un-level and so much pressure being put on one side of the RV jacks. This RV park needs to be revamped. The spaces need to be made level and the maintenance issues need to be addressed. Each space needs to be evaluated. Each RV'er in a space should be asked if there are issues that could be addressed. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

173 and 156

Nearby, Very Close
2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $75.00

Warning: This Park has very narrow roadways, tight turns, is heavily treed and the paved RV spots are all sloped. Would not consider it suitable for rigs over 36'. Almost every tree has scars from RV's and campers; it's almost impossible to avoid hitting or scraping one if you are forced to drive completely thru the park as we were. The first spot we were assigned was flanked on the entry and exit with two large trees making for a very narrow entry or exit. Told management we could not swing our 42' rig in there due to the confined opening and sharp turn required. The were able to assign us another location, but due to the serious slope it took quit awhile to find a way to park our rig so we could level. Saw many other Class A and Class C with wheels off the ground and serious leveler shoring. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

We stayed 4 nights. Since we arrived a day earlier than planned we had a different campsite the first night than we did the other three nights. The sites were close together in the middle of the park but we then moved up on the hill. Very nice site, quiet and more space between sites. Nice campground with lots of trees. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $42.00

I fell for the beauty without thinking about the hassle. I even read the previous reviews before making a reservation. My bad! To be clear to everyone coming here: The RV park and parking for the check-in is across the street from the lake. Don't turn toward the lake entrance when you come as you will be in a tight narrow parking lot that could trap you. That said, after you park your rig near the check in building in the RV park, you may be informed to walk back across the street to check in at the resort check in counter, near the restaurant. This leaves a long line of cars and rigs nearly to the street. Check in is slow. Sites are assigned by people who do not drive RVs. I stupidly and conveniently did a check in on line and I should have phoned to get more information about the sites. We were placed in a back in site that barely fit our RV while nearby a "Juicy" car was in a long pull thru. Grrr. This is all on me and I have learned my lesson. Thank you to all who post here. It is a big help to all of us who are driving big rigs, if only I will read and listen! We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Walk to beach was nice and trail along beach is nice. Can take dog on trail but not onto beach.

Featured Campgrounds Near Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $39.00

We camped here in a 45' motorhome. This campground probably only has 4 or 5 spots that will hold a vehicle this large. Having said that we've stayed here twice before. When making reservations be very specific about your size !! We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Lots of things to see and do in this area. Ride the tram. Take a paddle wheel boat ride, fish, site see, visit Emerald Cove.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $22.00

I've been staying here each winter since 2000/01; there are usually 6-10 RVer's who stay the winter season, skiing and enjoying a slower-paced, quieter Lake Tahoe experience. Aramark manages this Nation Forest RV park. They used to have an on-site manager living in the RV park taking care of it; not any longer. The rate had always been $499 per month, this year saw a $150 per month off-season raise, so fewer RVer's this year. The wi-fi is poor to non-existent and staff just says there is nothing they can do because of the trees. Funny, last year it worked fine. There are only a couple of staff that have been here for 5 years or more; newer staff are younger with no RV experience, so of little help. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

159-not level
Asphalt, Dirt

Be prepared with pads or boards under your jacks; most every site is too sloped to achieve level. Moved three times and never found a near-level site. Nice hiking trails around the park; coyotes come running through each night so pay attention with pets. Folks park their tow on the dirt part of their site. Propane at park is $3.50/gallon - fill before you arrive. No longer 10% discount for lodge restaurant at lodge.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $84.00

We stayed here for 2 nights. They were the most expensive of our trip, but understand due to the area. However, thought we may have been after the "tourist" season.

Wifi was not accessible for us, had to use our phones. Sites were mostly level, campground was quiet. Trees made it hard for big rigs to move around. Staff kind of apathetic, not really helpful. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $85.00

Wow! Expensive! On the other hand, it is Lake Tahoe and you do have access to a terrific beach. The campsites are close. There is plenty of shade, but no grass. The sites are really not very level - at least mine wasn't. The resort does attract a kind of "party" element. The 10pm quiet time wasn't adhered to by some. The utilities are good and include cable TV. Our site wasn't big enough for our 25 ft trailer and 20 ft TV. Cell service was fine with Verizon. There is no playground for little ones, but there is the beach. Lots of shopping and fun things to do nearby. It's expensive but it's the best game in town if you want lake access and full utilities. I would probably stay at Zephyr Cove again. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $59.00

Nice enough campground, overall, but our general feeling of this place is that it's a huge resort. Some folks will enjoy the boat & personal-watercraft rentals (and many other amenities) but it was just too busy for us. One really major negative was the deplorable condition of the showers & toilet rooms. These are desperately in need of a remodel. Beware. I should add that the breakfast in the lodge was very good. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Breakfast across the highway, at the lodge, was good.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $72.00

A park like this are always booked no matter what because they are a the right place. But if people have to pay so much money at LEAST make sure the restrooms are clean......it was so bad! We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

No Others In Sight
Obstacles
R&M

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $84.00

This park wins the location award of those in the Lake Tahoe area. After touring some of the other local parks, this one seemed to offer the best of everything. Yes. The sights seem rather close together. Our site 159 is a pull through which seemed to offer more space between sites than many of the others. Bathrooms and showers were clean, maybe a bit dated, but nice. Park is located on HWY 50, a rather busy street, with a traffic light provided for safe crossing to the beach. We enjoyed our stay. Would probably stay again. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $67.00

Check in was horrendous. Monday afternoon and RVS were backed up to the highway. When I got inside the office there were 7 people in front of me. There was only one clerk and he was doing a fine job with 4 days of experience. The first site that I was assigned had a vehicle parked in it. I went back to the office and luckily got another site. The park was recently taken over by Aramark and obviously needs some organization and training. Lots of highway noise as well. There are NO flat, straight areas to disconnect the toad. Signage to the RV resort said "turn left", when in fact the RV resort was on the right. I was told by a camp host that they've been trying to get the sign changed for years. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Dirt

Beach area is across the highway with lots of watercraft rentals etc.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $42.00

The campground is across the road from the rest of the resort. We walked the entire campground for exercise after a long drive. The grounds are pretty but the sites are very close together with little to zero privacy. Most of the tent sites are right on top of each other. The restrooms and showers each are individual rooms. The restrooms are very basic. The showers are in serious need of updating. They have concrete floors, some wall damage and old defunct coin machines. The resort does have a lake front beach and is located in a beautiful location. It was very pleasant walking the campground, there is a light so it is easy to cross the highway to get to the main part of the resort and the lake. We had a nice breakfast in the resort restaurant. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $86.00

We unfortunately got caught without a reservation on a weekend. The name caught our attention, and having had experience with the resort itself felt that the $82 nightly charge was high, but considering it was at the resort we made reservations for two nights. As we arrived, we discovered the RV spots were across the street in a rustic campground, not the resort.

Note the reservation was taken by the off-site central booking agency Amamark; on arrival we found they had double booked us. The desk clerk,made us call the reservation number again to confirm we had made a reservation. Finally the other clerk, drove around and found an empty slot, the last one in the campground.

Worst camping experience ever, never could get the unit leveled. Note picture of picnic table which had been previously leveled by a big rock - totally unsafe. When we checked with adjacent camper as to why we couldn't get the cable to work we were told the front desk should have given you a converter box. When I walked back all the way down the hill, the desk clerk told me she had forgotten to tell us about that and had we called we could have saved us a walk down and back up the hill. So we couldn't watch TV that night. Tried for a good hour to connect with WiFi, and when asked the same clerk about it she told us, well you are in the trees.

We were so fed up that we checked out a day early. When asked about a credit because we didn't get the cable and WiFi we had asked for when we booked, we were told those were "free" services they gave us. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $70.00

This RV park had excellent rating. I'm wondering who actually wrote the reviews. Staff was helpful. Made reservations online through the resort website. Glitch in program and I was put down for a tent site. I called a couple of weeks before the trip and verified my reservations stating that it was for a RV. They did find me a site that even for a short RV it was almost impossible to back into. They are so crammed together we couldn't put out our and people beside us had to pull in there awning. The worst part is the noise from the highway. With all windows closed and earplugs in you can still hear the cars 24 hrs a day. Not worth the money for retired people. We camped at Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Dirt

Featured Campgrounds Near Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground

Are you affiliated with Zephyr Cove Resort RV Park & Campground ?