Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground

Epsom, New Hampshire

Recent Rate: $85 7/2014

Latitude: 43.2219106493277

E597283

This has to be the worst campground I ever stayed in. I came to this location because it was close to NASCAR. It was 90 degrees and the pool wasn’t open. Looks like it has been inoperable for some time…wish they would have told us. The limited sites that they have are very small with one utility pool per 2 sites. Every other RV parks in opposite direction…meaning my door was facing my neighbors door. I think my awning and my neighbors were only a few feet apart. The seasonal campers weren’t just seasoning it appears they live there with make shift enclosures over very old travel trailer. Not a very desirable clientele. You had to pay for WIFI, bathrooms were dated and at this cost I would have expected a much nicer campground. This is a quick overnight stay location that shouldn’t cost more that $25-$30 dollars. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Dave and Judy Haney

We were very disappointed by this park. Sites were uneven and rocky. The only shade was around the pond where the tent campers were. There were a couple of perms or semi-perms whose owners rode loud motorcycles, sometimes long after quiet hours began. There is also some sort of night club on the premises that was very loud on Saturday night, again during quiet hours. We will not camp here again. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Motorhome.

bgbassman

This is our second time at this campground. We spent a month here in April of 2011. For the time we were here this campground was great. The staff was friendly and helpful and the campground itself is quiet and peaceful. The Wi-Fi worked great and we had a strong Verizon signal both for the phone and air card. I read the previous reviews, and while there are some permanent residents, they are friendly and for the most part quiet. However, the sites are very close together and personally I would not want to be here on a holiday weekend or peak vacation time. It is one of the few parks in NH that is open year round, and for this time of year or early spring it is a good choice. We have a 37 foot RV and had plenty of room to maneuver. We would stay here again if it were the same time of year. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

stoosher

First time here I stopped in front of the gate and walked behind me to where I thought the office was. This was the old office. I looked beyond the gate and spotted another sign that showed office. As I was almost to the office, a woman came out and said, "You can't park in front of the gate." I responded, "Well I can't go through it." She failed at keeping an "eye out" for campers coming in. What intelligent campground has their office after the gate? After doing all the paperwork and driving only a few hundred feet to my site, I was disappointed to see that it was almost parking lot camping. Only the tent sites were in the woods and offered some privacy. The campground did offer some amenities, but I did not take advantage as I stayed near my site as I had my dog with me. The one thing I tried to take advantage of which was the Wi-Fi, had such a weak signal that I couldn't connect. I had to swipe the fire ring and table from the next site as there was none on my site. Nice preparation job on their part! The campground was peaceful and I made the best of it, but I won't ever be back here. The website makes it seem like such a great campground but you don't know till you've been here. Chock it up as a lesson and write a review! We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

jp873

This is a great campground! The showers were nice and hot. The sites were a good size. We were part of a group and had plenty of space. The sites had nice trees and was not too far from a bathrooms. I would recommend this campground to anyone looking for a quiet weekend. We didn't go to the dance on Saturday night, but did venture into the pool. It was very clean and well maintained. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Fulltime2kids

We had booked two weeks at this place to visit relatives in the area. Booking was interesting in itself as staff was friendly but not very knowledgable. Trying to explain that I wanted Passport America rate for the two weeks and willling to pay full on the weekend like their site stated. They wanted to try and make me pay their weekly flat rate even though it came out more expensive. Anyways, we got there and had to pay $10 deposit for our key card. We arrived fairly late and when we saw the state the park was in we decided to stay one night and try and get our money back leaving our one-day penalty charge behind. We tried their Wi-Fi which was great. Being fulltimers with constant Internet cravings and also the fact that we would spend our days at our relatives' house made us stay for the two weeks. The "playground" consists of 5 swings and a "climbing wall" built with tires. The lots are tiny. People are pulled in every other way so the 10 feet between lots is shared. And where you are back to back with someone there is about 2 feet, just enough room for your hookups. Furthermore this should not be labeled a campground. I have never seen such a variation of permanent-Picasso-looking trailer-creations that have sprouted shacks, huts and fences. I wish I could show you some of MY pictures (rather than the arranged pictures on their website). It might seriously be worth to stay the night just to check out the creativity of some of the residents. But no, not even that would make me recommend it to anyone. At the exit of the park they had a tire puncture strip. Seriously? What if we would've had to stop for a kid running out of one of the houses and rolled back slightly (as we have a manual transmission truck). We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

bgbassman

We stayed here for a month. The staff was friendly and helpful. Park easy to negotiate with our 37 foot 5th wheel. There are many permanent residents here but they keep to themselves and are for the most part friendly and quiet. The sites are a bit tight but not terrible. 50 Amp service was reliable and steady. Our Verizon phone and air card worked really well. There were quite a few loud vehicles frequently going in and out of the park but settled down at night. We would stay here again short or long term. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

WorldWideUnlimited

We camped here on a Premium Site w/ cable using our Camp Club USA discount for 50% off the nightly rate. This campground is conveniently located to Concord, NH, has good highway access and is close to many conveniences. Easy to find with good signage. Nice staff and little park, with cute character. I will say the office building exterior could use a little love... The porch was cute but the outer walls and pile of unused fire rings piled behind the building were a slight eyesore. The inside of the office was quaint and cute however. Our site was level and graveled, we were provided a picnic table for our use. The site drained well through the rain we got during our stay -- we did not sink or step out into any mud or sogginess. The pull-through sites, which we were on, are laid out to be "buddy sites." So one rig faces the front of the park, and the next faces the back, and on and on... So that between the passenger side & door of every 2 rigs, there is a shared grassy area. Great for caravans and stuff, and it did not bother us at all to be on such a site. Water pressure and 50 amp electrical were good. The park provided cable lineup was extensive, which we enjoyed. The security gate was always down and the key card we were provided ($10 deposit, refund upon surrender at checkout) worked every time (always a plus to not be stuck outside the gate when arriving home late). Our AT&T phones got weak signal and it was tough to have a telephone conversation for more than a minute or two. Our Verizon broadband internet card did get pretty good service however. We did drive around the campground and they seem to have a nice wooded section of sites, including a loop of very primitive tent sites nestled in the trees. We also noticed a section of all seasonal sites which looked pretty well occupied by a population of long term/seasonal residents. Overall, not a bad campground. Location to Concord can't be beat, but traveling to points south was a bit tedious on the smaller back roads. We would considers staying here again if we wanted to be in the Concord area. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Texcollex

The park was quiet during the weekdays, but fairly noisy on weekends. The facilities were adequate and the pool was kept clean. The staff was fairly accommodating. Dances held in the dance hall on the weekend were a nominal charge. Decent room for the kids to play. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

sebring579

Nice campground. Very quiet and relaxful. Friendly staff. No minimum stay requirements, so I'm coming back for the July 4th weekend. I only have 2 days off and don't like paying for 3. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Motorhome.

ShanaT

My husband and I stayed here over a weekend with two of our friends at no extra charge. And we brought our dog along, too. The dance hall was fun; we learned to line dance! But, there was still a $5 cover for campers (I think it should be free.) It is BYOB, too. I think we honestly had the best site in the park: #69. It's a corner site, right on the pond. The bathrooms/showers were clean, however, I wasn't impressed with the trash left all over the place (pieces of fencing, cables; heck, there was even a trailer from a tractor trailer truck!) Although I'm not bothered by much in a campground because you are outdoors after all, I was disgusted that a couple of people that we assumed were part of the clean-up crew, threw some dog waste they found into the pond. Needless to say, DO NOT touch that water. Amazingly, we did have a good time and really enjoyed our site, but I think we'll pass on this place for our next trip. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Tent Trailer.

daniel31

Well, after booking this campground months in advance we were given a sight far too small and very difficult to access. In fact we could not access it. We then asked if another site was available; there was, in the open drive through section with NO privacy. Water was low, so no one could use the laundry room. The permanent trailers in the campground look disgraceful. Some of the year around residents looked scary. Our cable hookup had been pulled from its socket connection. The cold showers were a sure way to wake you up in the morning. I think we will pass on this wonderful campground in the future as we prefer KOA's or Yogi Bear Campgrounds, and so should you! We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

nicevision2020

Swimming Pool is only for dogs. Kids not allowed without 2 piece swim suit (even kids used shirt and pants which used for swim training). *** NO RESPECT TO CULTURE. Color Discrimination *** Stay Away from them. Employee (She) is very rude no hospitality. This campground was not family oriented. There is no hot water in the shower. Tent site is very small. They call it pond but its not clean when its small amount of water. Walking around the campsite look like staying in junk yard. I would never return to this place nor recommend it to anyone. Please stay away from this place. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Tent.

Squappy

This campground in my opinion, is good if you are passing through and just need to rest for the night. It seems to be a place that has seen better days. It has everthing you could ask for, but looks a little run down. The staff is very friendly, but they offer year round camping which to me looks like a trailer park. We would not stay here again just because it doesn't seem to be very alive. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

naskarbeth

This is a quick hit for us just an hour or so from home. We come here for the live country band on Saturday night. Where else can you dance to the latest local country band with your own cooler in hand and walk home? They have the top local bands and everyone has fun. Don't know what they are referring to with the awning in the next living room thing as we have always had comfortable sites. And did anyone mention the pool? Great clean fun for families. Close to Concord and many activities. We sometimes come up with other families and just relax for a close weekend and time to get the kinks out before racing on longer trips. We camped at Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Circle 9 Ranch Family Campground?