8.5 Excellent

• Pond Pond yes
  • Creek Creek yes
  • Water Park Water Park yes

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $67.00

Ok let me start by saying the pool facility is amazing. Kids had a blast in the pool. It was the major attraction to this campground for us. Other pros are that the camp store is well stocked and we had perhaps the nicest and most spacious site we have we have ever had. Fire pits are absolutely awesome as well. The cons are that this place is built on the side of a mountain and many of the sites are a serious bike uphill to get "home". There is absolutely no Verizon cell service there other than an occasional 1x bar. They say the have wifi but it is only at the pool house and is near non existence on bandwidth so other than minimal work, don't expect to do anything of significance if you can get on at all. I also didn't like their "bands" like a theme park that you had to wear your entire stay or be prepared to pay a big replacement price. Store items were also a bit pricey. Perhaps the biggest con for me was that this place is located in the middle of no where... 30 minutes minimum to get anywhere you want to be or go to get things. I would say staff was not welcoming or friendly by any stretch. Not sure we will return again. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $69.00

I have stayed at Moose Hillock Lake George and liked it so we went to try NH location this season. If you are looking for place to disconnect and get away from your life, this is the place. It's not really close to anything. You have to drive 30-60 minutes to get to anything outside of campground which got kinda old. The campground has zero cell or wifi coverage. There is a choppy wifi at pool but not great. The pool with slides seems to be the big attraction to this park and it is nice and heated as well. no roads are paved, all dirt with bumps and potholes. Our site was overgrown with trees and weeds and in need of some maintenance. I don't think I saw one level site in the whole park and I walked most of it. It's a pretty rustic place which is cool, sometimes. Didn't see any type of security patrol which is discouraging being there is zero cell service, so if you had an emergency your are on your own. Still had a nice relaxing stay but I don't think I will be back. local roads were closed due to roads washed out, so called office from road to see best way to come in and they were no help at all which is also disappointing. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $73.00

The campground itself is very nice, the sites are large, however it is very hilly in some spots, and backing in a 34 foot trailer was tricky. Make sure if you're bringing your own equipment, you bring a pressure regulator for the water, as the water pressure was very high. The staff was very nice, and unlike some of the reviews I found, I never felt the religious overtones that some spoke of. They give you a small pamphlet when you check in, and invite you to a chapel service on Saturday night. That's it.  Wrist bands: I listened to a staff member explain to another guest that they are for the protection of the registered guests, and to keep strays from using the facilities. Ok, I can accept that they felt they had to do something, but here is where I took issue. If you LOST your band, it was $10 per day for your remaining stay. So they clearly have the opinion if you "lost it", you're sneaking people in. A stretch, but ok... Now, if it breaks, and they are wax paper, its $10 to replace, even if you still have the broken one. Why? Is the paper that expensive? If I'm a registered guest, you know I've paid, and I still have the band, why is it $10? Just screams of a money grab there.  If you're reading this, you likely are a connected person to technology. Be aware, other reviews are not kidding, there is NO CELLULAR RECEPTION on any carrier. There is wifi (slow and finicky) at the pool. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Travel Trailer.

The best part was the river at the bottom of the hill by the entrance. Go to the end of the camp driveway, take a right, and your first left over a wooden bridge. There is a small parking lot and you walk down to a fantasist swimming hole.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $72.00

This is the most beautiful natural-setting private park we have ever stayed in. As others have said, sites are very spacious, well spaced, packed gravel with picnic table and natural stone fireplace. Rather than being separated by manicured plantings, the foliage is natural. It is like they cut the sites out of the woods but left the foliage in between. Our site was easy to back in to, reasonably level and backed up to a beautiful stream that provided a beautiful sound. Behind the stream was a fairly short but beautiful nature path. The pool is a kid's dream. The park has all the recreational amenities you'd expect. The roads leading to the park are hilly but easily navigated. Why not a "10": no Verizon cell coverage in or around the park and WiFi is only available at the main building and pool. I was pretty close to the main building and have a WiFi booster kit with external antenna so I was able to pull in fair WiFi at my site. Campers without a kit had no WiFi anywhere near me. With no cell coverage I think they should invest in more WiFi towers. The people I spoke to were not happy that they were totally off the communication grid as far as family not traveling with them were concerned. Also, I'm not quite sure why we had to wear paper bracelets the entire time of our stay. They were not removable without cutting them off and cost $10 a day if removed to replace. I'm also not sure why it bothered us so much but we found the requirement to be intrusive. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Explore White Mountains by road, bicycle and foot, Cog Railway, Cannon Mountain Arial Tram Ride.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $72.00

Dusty at dry times, should treat roads to keep dust down. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby

Excellent pool, horseback riding nearby.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $72.00

This is a great place but is hilly for sure. Great pool and snack bar and the store was good as well. Staff was great and friendly. In the past security had been a little over the top but were great this time. The place really quiets down at 10 which is good. Our site which was not too level but most seemed to be level do we wrote a few numbers down as we walked around. WiFi and cell service available down front but not at the sites. Ice cream sundaes were great on Sat night. We will be back. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Travel Trailer.

There is a little store down the street or a full store 20 minutes away.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $60.00

Very wooded campground and hilly, but no problem to drive thru. Sites are a good size with good space between each. No ATT cell service in area at all; wifi only available around pool area. Pool is a definite attraction. Family campground. Ice cream sundaes on Saturday night are awesome. Bears are a daily occurrence. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $50.00

Very Very large campground. Bathrooms showed the amount of people using them. Showers are pay and tiny. Super large sites. great pool and playground. Wifi is limited to a small area by the pool so I don't consider this "Wifi" as I want it at my site. the biggest problem I have with this CG is the 118 coming into it is horrible. Very remote and out of the way. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $55.00

We found this campground to be an excellent fit for our family. The campground is clean, the sites are private, and the pool is fun and refreshing. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $55.00

While we've only visited about 5 campgrounds as we are new campers, this is our favorite. Why? It has large sites and large firepits! We've been to Moose Hillock twice; first in Oct, 2012 when the pool was shut down; second in June 2013 when we were all by ourselves in the back half of the campground. It was awesome having no one around us as you truly felt you were backwoods camping. The pool is a big draw to this place as it's has pirate ship with slides and is heated. The June 2013 trip saw a lot of rain the previous night really taking down the pool temps. This place is also very large so that kids can bike everywhere. Also, the rules on their site look strict with alcohol, but make sure you have your Red Solo Cups and you'll be fine. Don't walk around with beer cans in hand. We have not gone in peak July and August time frames as we've heard the place will be 100% capacity and the pool is quite full. So, this is our resident favorite that we will stick with in off peak season. They are opening up a NY/Lake George area location in Spring 2014, and we will definitely go try that one out as they told us they are building it the same with large sites and large firepits. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $65.00

Ok so lets start with the negatives. Bathroom are out dated and are not cleaned as often as they should be. Fishing pond yielded zero fish. Did not see a big presence of staff doing maintenance and other type roles around campground. On the positive side: the pool was awesome. The pirate ship and slides was enjoyed by all ages. Campsites are large and spaced out nicely. Beautiful part of NH. Would go back! We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $71.00

We just returned from our stay at Moose Hillock. We have been told that this campsite is amazing: but I have to say it wasn't amazing. The campground did have some great features, but it went dull after the first day. We have two boys: 8 and 4 years old. We chose this place for the fishing pond and pool. We were told that fishing was great and stocked. That is a key feature for my 8 year old but the pond was over fished and murky. The fishing was a flop. The pool was cool and fun. The slides are a nice added touch but with the little kids it was hard to keep them out of harms way from the older pre-teens and teens. They came flying down the slides before my small one could even get out of the way. The pool was clean and warm. The campground has a cafe which was nice, but bring your credit card for everything in the cafe and store is very expensive. Bathrooms were concrete floors and they were presentable. The office staff was great! Very friendly and helpful. The sites were spacious and roomy. Between the sites looked a bit unkempt but ok. Wi-Fi signal was weak but ok. We were supposed to stay for a week but left after 3 days. We got bored. I would suggest more activities, not just on Saturdays and Wednesdays. If we were to go back it would be just for a couple of days. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $77.00

We had 2 sites. One with 2 tents and one with our 35' fifth wheel and a tent. We could have easily all fit on one site! They are the largest sites we have ever found. The fireplace was amazing. They are all built into the site using existing rock ledges. The pool was just great. We were in it every day. We were camping with our 4 adult children, their significant others, and our 3 year old grandson. Everyone agreed that Moose Hillock was great. The only drawbacks we saw: There is a 30 minute or more drive to do anything over poorly maintained roads. There is NO cell service (between us we had 3 different carriers) and only one small area of the cafe that gets Wi-Fi. The bathrooms and showers smell kind of mildewy. This would be easily remedied by cleaning with bleach and putting in fans to move the air. But NONE of these things we deal breakers for us. We truly enjoyed our time there and will probably be back. We already have family members who are booked there because of the way we raved about it. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $52.00

. Overall we would give the campground an 8.5 rating. We would definitely plan on camping there again next year. The campsites were large, private and well maintained. We even had a few little chipmunks and red squirrels keeping us company all week. The natural rock fire pit was a nice touch. The bathrooms were clean. Showers were pay ($0.25) and the time was a little short. The pool was fantastic. The kids ages 16 to 4 all could not get enough of it. The two water slides were fun for all ages. Great mix of music played at the pool as well. Pool side cafe was a nice to have, when you wanted to take a break get an ice-cream, drink or grab lunch with out having to go back to your site. A little pricey but to be expected. Camp store was well stocked and had lots of souvenirs. There was a huge playground which my 4 year old thought was the best thing ever. Large play structures including a hip, train, slides etc, also well maintained. We never got to the fishing pond or any of the other available amenities such as the basketball court, volleyball, horseshoe pits, and biking and hiking trails. Kids just did not want to get out of the pool. Do wish their were more activities during the week. They did have an ice-cream social on Saturday and a sing-a-long with Bruce the Moose on Wed. They did have a religious undertone but did not in anyway push it on us. We were given a pamphlet and told about the church services. It is not a campground for those looking to party all night, definitely family oriented. We loved it and would recommend it. We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $60.00

The reason that I didn't give this place a 10 is because it could use some more activities. They only had them on Wednesday & Saturday. The camp sites are huge and private with the largest natural fire pits I've ever seen. Our back rock was 6 feet high and I saw others that over 8 feet high! The had a great snack bar that was actually a small restaurant right at the swimming pool. The swimming pool was huge with a gigantic pirate ship that had water canons a small water slide a larger water slide. The have a very well stocked store with friendly employees. The kids spent hours and hours at the fishing pond. They also have excellent hiking trails with a natural swimming hole. Some of these trails go right into the White Mountain National Forest! We camped in a Hybrid Trailer and a large tent. Three adults and 4 kids 2 1/2 - 6 years of age and they kept us busy! This place is not the cheapest, but it was worth every penny. We can't wait to go again!!!! We camped at Moose Hillock Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Moose Hillock Campground ?