Long Beach RV Resort

Barnegat, New Jersey

CampfireMama

Really clean park with friendly staff. The showers and bathrooms are immaculate and totally private which is a HUGE plus. I wish the street names in the campground were marked more clearly because you can get totally lost based on the maps. Not many activities for the kids but a nice pool and bounce pillow. The mini golf costs extra money which seems a little cheap on their end. We camped at Long Beach RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

jerseyjim

Easy to get to...right off NJ rte 72. A more friendly staff you couldn't meet. Always helping when needed. The park itself is clean and seems to be taken care of...so no complaints there. However, one cannot drive into the "seasonal" areas..gated. The seasonals have 50 amp power...and sewer. Maybe 95% are seasonal, with about 12 transient RV sites available...30 amp and no sewer. The 30 amp is on the low scale of my voltmeter, and the honey wagon is available every day for no charge. Only about 50 miles from Philadelphia, my VERIZON cell phone would not work very well. My TV antenna would only pull in the the Spanish channel and another channel that was infomercials 24/7. Campground offers a free Comcast box you hook up. But is geared to the New York stations. Go figure. Typical NJ Pine Barren, lots of sand,not really "pretty" but neat. Guess they have many tent campers, large tent area, but I didn't see any the 4 days I was there. Would I return? Yes. We camped at Long Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

SusanRon

Very nice office staff. No wifi all week. In fact, when I asked about wifi at the park, they told me to call Tengo. Tengo said the wifi had been down all week and it never came back up. No sewers and the dump is tucked in at the far end of a short, back-in campsite. Because of this, the park offers free pump-outs, very nice. We would not stay here again because of the wifi problem. We camped at Long Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

ThatDad

A tale of two campsites in one... The Good: The seasonal sites are nice, with many full-timers who've trimmed out their rigs with lights, decks, and all manner of gnomes and such. The pool looks fairly new and well done. The inflatable jumpy-pillow thing is a unique and very kid-friendly addition. Staff seemed quite nice. There is a small area for tent camping that looks well-maintained. This campground is an easy drive to Long Beach Island, and cheaper than any motel on or off the island. The Bad: If you are a short-term guest, you'll be out past the gavel pit. Maybe I don't yet grasp the appeal of parking an expensive class A in a gravel yard within sight of the backhoe and the maintenance garage. For those of us without on board facilities, there are two bathhouses. One is up in the seasonal neighborhood. It's old, but hey, you do get two drywall screws a piece to hang your stuff in the shower! Someone tiled the place years back, but has since added industrial rubber mats to hide the fact that the shower floors are crumbling. The other bathroom, closer to the daily sites, is a trailer that looks like it was added as an afterthought. Those bathrooms had sinks and soap, but no way to dry hands, so the men's room doorknobs were perpetually wet and the women's rooms were strewn with TP. Men's showers in the trailer also did not work. A big pump-style container of hand sanitizer would be a good thing to bring along. With some investment in fencing and newer bathrooms, this could be a real go-to alternative to staying on LBI. As it is, it will be our absolute last choice if we really REALLY need a spot near the beach. We camped at Long Beach RV Resort in a Tent Trailer.

RoadWarriors2

CG is 4 miles off Exit 63 of GS Pkwy, on 72 West. Gravel roads and site. Heavy rains drained well on our site. Wi-Fi avail for a fee from Tengonet - did not use. Fair service from Verizon air card. We had a problem with electric, and the staff was great - very attentive, helpful - couldn't do more for us. Spent hours with us - didn't want to take $$, but we insisted. Nice pool, mini golf, honey wagon avail - no sewer at sites. CG would rate a 10 if it had concrete pads and slightly wider interior roads which are winding and lined with trees. Would stay there again. We camped at Long Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

daverain

If you want what is possibly the closest campground to LBI, then this is it. Nice clean park, very friendly hosts,lots of pet trails. I suppose the absolutely only drawback is the limited number of transient sites here, it's mostly a permanent park. Nice pool too. We camped at Long Beach RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

nicole j

Very pretty, extremely clean, lots of trees, Wi-Fi is excellent supplied by Tengo-net. $$, mini putt looks very nice, no sewer but honey wagon service if offered. Will be back to add more info. We camped at Long Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

PennyPA

The price reflects Passport America rate. We chose this campground because it is close to relatives. However, it is a bait-and-switch type of operation. When I called in our reservation, I was told we would have a 30amp site as requested, but when we got there, we were charged $4 extra per night for a 50amp site even though we just use 30amps. Didn't like that too much. Their website also advertises FULL hookups but all you get is electric & water. On the plus side: even though the camp roads seem to go every-which-way and the campground has a lot of trees, we had no problem with our 40' fifth-wheel rig. Our site was averaged-sized with room for our rig with the truck parked alongside it. There seems to be a lot of activities to keep kids occupied: a nice little mini-golf course; pool; playground. Store was nicely stocked. Wi-Fi wasn't working when we were there but it didn't matter because it wasn't free and I wasn't about to pay $5/day for it. My Verizon card worked well although a little on the slow side. We would stay here again if we had to be in the area. I would recommend it to others. We camped at Long Beach RV Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

rvgirl2

This place is now called Long Beach RV resort. Their phone message still says scrubbie pines - that should have been my first clue. The woman on the phone was very nice, but when I checked in, I couldn't get a smile out of either of the two ladies at all. Driving in there are old rvs and crazy halloween decorations(it is october). The place was virtually empty, so I had a choice of sites. I tried to get one near a lit-up area, as it is somewhat eerie with all the old rvs and other junkie trucks and stuff on the property. The only saving grace was the restroom - a single room that was very clean. There is no security guard and the place is closed down after around 8pm. There is a laundry room as you drive in (not at all convenient to my space) but I did not use it. I am traveling in a motorhome. We camped at Long Beach RV Resort in a Motorhome.

JerseyGirl

We are seasonals at Scrubbie Pines for the first time this year and we love it. Beautiful sites, large sites, with nice stone. Brand new pavilion and basketball court. Great pool. Activities every weekend, whether bingo, a dance, talent show. Family oriented. Great mini-golf course, bikes of all sorts to rent. The store is unbelievable. That is what sold me on wanting to go seasonal there. Fully stocked, items to buy as gifts and the staff is more than friendly! My kids look forward to going every weekend! ONly 10 miles from LBI! We camped at Long Beach RV Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Long Beach RV Resort?