Cedar Creek Campground

Bayville, New Jersey

valandmichaele

Friendly staff. Great camp store with many items. Lots of nice roads in the campground for walks. If you do not get a site near the office loop, you may end up on the side of a hill. We had to put our levelers out all the way, lifting the front wheels of our motorhome off the ground to level the coach. All the motorhomes in our section were in the same predicament. We also had to drive over a half buried telephone pole to get into our site. These are used for rain washout protection on the hillside. Otherwise the campground was fine but we probably won't return. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Motorhome.

ml_homeboy

Very tight. Great hookups power/water/sewer, cable didn't seem to work. Canoe trip - Great time store - Nice store with everything you need, plus pizza. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Travel Trailer.

User2114

Overall we were very pleased with the site and hookups, the camp store, and on site restaurant. All very convenient for the Jersey coast in mid-summer. The only reason I did not give a rate of 10 is because the site was difficult to enter due to trees. The sites were not crowded, allowing for some "elbow room". We will stay here again when visiting relatives in the area. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Travel Trailer.

MADMACS

We camped here in a Pop-Up: 2 adults, 4 children. The main restrooms were very clean, showers as well. The campground was very quiet, even though there were many people camping here. The pool was clean, and the two slides were a big hit. There was a creek that the kids enjoyed exploring in and around. The crew did a great job making the rounds for garbage pick-up. The store is well-stocked and those working there were very pleasant and informative. The sites are a bit narrow. The Wi-Fi is also a bit spotty. All-in-all, we had a great time and look forward to returning. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Ted Morgen

The other remarks on this campground are essentially correct. It's a nice CG; the best thing it has going for it is a wonderful pool. There were a few negatives. A lot of CG's say they have internet but in reality it's a system that belongs at home and not in a CG. Service was spotty. At times I couldn't get anything done as I was disconnected. The bandwidth is very low. I was just across from the office with a very poor signal. The only times I could use it was late at night or very early in the morning when most people were sleeping. The day before we left, I had to go to the clubhouse with my laptop to check the weather. This was the first campground ever that ran my credit card before we arrived. Had we not made it, I would have been charged for the first night anyway, $49. Most CG's won't run the card until you are there. At least I wish I was told what they were going to do before I gave them the CC number. The second complaint was more serious (for me). A long time friend picked us up around 11 am and we went out for the day in his truck. The car pass was in my truck parked at the site. We returned about 4 pm to find a guard at the gate who refused to let my friend go in and drop us off at our campsite. We had to walk to the site from the gate. It was a very long distance for me, being disabled. As I hobbled off with my wife, he snickered. Very upsetting. ON this basis, I would not stay there again. The price was in my opinion a "Jersey" type of price and too high. Good luck at this campground. New Jersey has few campgrounds and all are high priced for what you get. There is a CG just over the state line in NY but the price is incredible considering there are no services. You pay for a parking space. Best to find a Wal-Mart. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Travel Trailer.

licamper

The overall facilities are nice. Previous posts are correct, if you are arriving from the north the entrance is poorly marked, with the sign after the driveway entrance. The staff in the store were very nice, and the facilities were clean and inviting. The main bathhouse was fine, the small one near our site not acceptable. The playground, pool area seemed very nice for the children. The reason for my lower rating was that our site, A79, was extremely poor. We have a very large PUP, opens to 28 feet. The site seemed like an afterthought, was way too narrow, so much that we barely got the slide out around trees and still be able to keep the truck off the road, and could not put the awning out on the front side at all. Our first night we had to leave the picnic table behind our camper, otherwise it felt as if we were sitting on top of the people next to us. It was just way too small for a trailer our size. Since we were there only for 2 nights, I didn't bother with moving the second night. But it seemed as if every other trailer site had plenty of room, so I would stay again, just say NO to site 79A. Plenty of shopping areas and restaurants within a short drive. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Tent Trailer.

neeloc

If you are coming from Rt. 9 north, be careful not to miss the campground. The sign is actually past the entrance. Keep an eye out for the Sprinkle Shack on the left and the campground is directly across from that. Once entering the campground it was very nice. The store was well equipped. I found the employees to be very courteous and attentive. We were in the loop by the new pool, and it was close and convenient to the store. The only thing that was upsetting about this campground was that the electric on our site shut off twice on us. At least we were there when it happened so we didn't lose all of our food from the fridge and freezer. I would camp here again, just at a different site. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Mary1955

This was my second stay here. Since my 1st visit they have upgraded the park to a clean well kept and fun park. I enjoyed my site B23 which was by all the activities. Nice wide sites W/E only, grass and level. Wish they had cable again. This is a great location to stay for all the seashore activities. They need a larger sign out front. I missed it twice. I will be back when I visit the NJ shore again. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Motorhome.

autismmom

This campground is one of the larger ones I have been to. Our site was very difficult to position our trailer in so we could open the slide and the awning, but we did. The pool looked awesome, unfortunately, it rained and we did not use it. The playgrounds were great and therapeutic for my son as well. The game room was a nice size and kept the kids busy during the rain. Cable TV was not available in our site, and the antenna didn't pick up anything. Store was very well stocked and staff was friendly. Nice birds to watch as well. Kids activities were limited. We might possibly return as the rain kept many people away and we didn't get to use the pool with the slides. Bathrooms were very clean, but didn't have paper towels or blow dryer to dry hands. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Travel Trailer.

hiker1

Very nice campground. Staff was friendly and helpful. We camped in the pull thru section and our site was unlevel(steep)but we managed just fine. The overall facilities are very good here.The on-site arranged canoe trip was enjoyable. There were very few campers this time of year so it was quiet at night. Big rigs might have some difficulty getting in or out of some sites because of trees. We enjoyed our stay and plan to return. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Travel Trailer.

dfugnitti

I'm not sure how to rate this campground. The pool was nice, but the life guards were nasty. I honestly don't think a minute went by without a lifeguard yelling at a kid. We stayed in the loop by the pool and the site was very unlevel. Cable wire was at the site but the cable did not work. The restrooms were clean. There is WIFI that they charge a fee for but does not work at your campsite. I don't know but the entire time we stayed there I felt like we weren't welcome and our questions were a bother to the staff. I doubt we will go back. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Travel Trailer.

freelander

This is a nice quiet campground. it has canoeing right on premises which was fun. Nice big clean pool. friendly staff... We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Motorhome.

saigon009

This park is very nice. Bathrooms and showers were somewhat clean, but certainly usable. I say that mostly because of the insects all over the place. Wi-Fi is $1.00 extra per day but expect to bring your laptop to the rec room if you want service. The pool is great. It is big, deep, warm and includes a nice slide. It was nice having a DJ there too. The staff was very friendly. Some residents here and they were very friendly and helpful. A lot to do for kids. Nice playground and this weekend it was x-mas in July so they had a nice hayride around with Santa. Keep in mind that if you have a big rig it will be very tough to maneuver. A lot of trees and very tight but many big rigs are here and people manage. Nice shady sites some wide and some tight. We had a very minor problem though. We have a small motor home and left the area for the day to go to the beach. The staff threw away our rope, tablecloth and retaining clips. We told the staff and they at least were honest enough and pulled the items out of the garbage and returned them to us. We cleaned off the tablecloth (our rope was cut - not a big deal) and enjoyed the rest of our stay. We will certainly be coming back. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Motorhome.

soulmates

We went on the last weekend of their regular season. The site we had, #2, was great. A lot of shade which is what we like. The Showers could have been cleaner but were not too bad. The staff was friendly. There is no Cable unless you are seasonal and pay for it yourself. When I questioned the owner about cable...Well lets just say it was a sore subject with him. He did say that by next season, most sites should be hooked up. There are plenty of trails to go hiking on and you are close to just about everything. Cedar Creek is great for canoeing or kayaking. They also have a few, I think 30, winter sites with full hook-ups. The wiFi is not free and we couldn't connect anyway even though we weren't too far from the office. I do plan on going back. It is very close to where we live and it is a nice place for a weekend getaway. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Travel Trailer.

skeeter

Above average campground.Friendly staff, clean showers and restrooms. Close to beach and boardwalk. We stayed in the loop area of campground. Close to the playground, pool and camp store. It was convenient for us with having little kids. Camp store is very well stocked. Ice cream bar was a hit with the kids. 2 minor issues: Game room needs updating with newer games, and entrance into the campground needs to be better marked. Overall a pleasant experience. We would go back and camp there again. We camped at Cedar Creek Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Cedar Creek Campground?