3.1 Poor

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Buena Vista Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $44.00

I was very pleased with the work that is being done to clean up this once "the place" to go to in South Jersey. The manager has removed almost all the broken down and forgotten RV's from the property. My wife and I after seeing how much was done in the past 2 months that we booked a rally in the front "Rally Park" area for Late May 2015. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $55.00

This park is more of a permanent trailer park than campground. The place is quite scary. Beat up dirty campers where I believe people live year round. The bathrooms were horrific. Bumpy dirt roads throughout. This place was probably once a nice place to camp as I heard so much about it. However, it is currently owned by one of those massive companies that are buying up campgrounds and running them in to the dirt. We left after one night. As I said the place was scary and we did not feel safe there at all. Not for children or families. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $60.00

Beware. My family and I stayed there Memorial Day weekend. We arrived on Friday and we were so unhappy we left Saturday even though we were supposed to stay until Monday.The park is in very poor shape with most seasonals who don't maintain their sites. Our electric kept going out to the point where we couldn't really use the A/C. The facilities where very dirty and the camp store was empty for the most part. I guess there's no quiet time as the radios where blaring late into the night and complaining didn't help. We will never stay there again. Guess I should have looked at reviews here first. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $60.00

Tired and neglected. Looks like this could have been a great camp ground decades ago. Water slide, mini golf, lake...all of which looked forgotten. Most sites were over grown. A good deal of seasonal campers; a few of their sites were nice, but most weren't. It wouldn't be a place we I'll return to or recommend to others. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Buena Vista Campground

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $47.00

Arrived Sept. 2. Our schedules departure date was Sept.6, we left on Sept.4th. The roads in and out were terrible,did not appreciate driving over those. We parked across from the bathrooms,which had no hot water and the toilets in the mens room didn't work, but they did put up a sign saying use other bathroom. Our picnic table was falling apart so we took one from another site (there was a lot of empty sites). The tiny beach was a mess,sloppy looking,a lot of grass growing through the sand. The store was a joke,they were out of gas for your grill.At the arcade,the change machine was out of change. There was no entertainment at night and it was a holiday weekend. Campers were rude,they would drive through your site with their golf carts. You couldn't pay me to go back. I would rather go camping at Camp Crystal Lake with Jason! We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $47.00

Read & heed the reviews! We went anyway because it was the only place central for a family gathering-BIG mistake. This park is ABYSMAL. Let me be more specific-if I had to pick a place in that area again, I'd boon dock at the county landfill first. I do have to say the staff was kind & very friendly. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $55.00

Sorry folks take warning! This place has outlived its usefulness. Dirty rundown, mismanaged. A place with a lot of squatters. Sorry I can't call them seasonals. Back in the day with former owners this was a good CG. I know I used to rent and operate the Camp store there. Seems Morgan finds Bad CGs and makes them worse. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $45.00

Roads are terrible, lots of bumps and potholes. Difficult to get into sites, trees are in inconvenient spots. Could not open our awning. We had to hunt down a firepit and a picnic table, as there were none on our site. There was a beer bottle in what appeared to have been the firepit which was here at one time. Guest fees are exorbitant considering this park isn't that great. Would not camp here again. We have Morgan 'Moola' and not sure if we will even use it. Hopefully all of their parks aren't in this bad of shape. Inconvenient breaker box. When the power went out we had to go up to the end of the lane and find it. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $54.00

This is a deplorable facility. Filthy registration area with an overhang across the road causing us to back our fifth wheel out of the registration area onto a side road marked DO NOT ENTER! We were taken to our site which had a 15 amp outlet and a 30 amp burned out outlet. Taken to another site that looked like seasonals had just departed and filthy with many trees prohibiting safe parking! Long story short we called the NJ State police to help us get our money back so we could leave! After 2 and 1/2 hours in the campground we left with a credit! If you are considering this campground, DON'T! We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $52.00

The poster of Aug 2010 must have been at a different location. All the other posters are right on. This place is terrible! Roadways were horrible, toilets stink, debris and trash all over, fire pits loaded with trash and beer cans. If there was a rating lower than 1, this place gets it. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $52.00

The main roads are terrible, no question. The secondary roads are not significantly better, but an improvement over the main roads (or maybe we were used to the pot holes by the time we reached our spot). We were here pre-season, so 90+ percent of campers were long term. No issues with the long term folks. Park requires long term residents to meet certain aesthetic standards which keeps up a reasonable appearance for the site. Many pads are natural, hard pack sand/dirt; some are gravel. It was a bit below my expectations for a Morgan Resort; but it worked for the one night we were here. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $23.00

I camped at this site with my RV on 10/8/10 through 10/11/10. I started not to go because of the poor reviews. Boy am I glad my husband and I along with our 3 grandchildren decided to go. The campground was beautiful and clean even during what you may call "off-season". he restrooms/bathhouses were very clean and the staff was very accommodating. I gave the campsite an "8" - only because there was no cable - but our dvd's did just fine. I will definitely go back to this campsite. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $50.00

This park is a disaster! The interior roads have been strafed by enemy aircraft causing bomb craters designed to swallow your motorhome. Many of the campers are run down travel trailers and the sites look like junk yards. The park staff has no clue when asked the simplest of questions. Everything is old and dirty. The camp store smells and has nothing worth buying, but if you do buy wood for roasting marshmellows, you get it in an old plastic milk crate and the wood isn't even dried out. TV, forget it, the trees limit reception to 2 or 3 local channels. Throw your cell phone away because it can't be used here. Oh yes, throw out your computer too. I wouldn't stay here again if it were for free or even if they wanted to pay me. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Motorhome.

GDM

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $50.00

This is a great place to camp if you like to be over charged for everything and like to hear latino music blasting away all hours of the day and night. If your in the area, try Indian Branch Park or Country Oaks instead. A Wal-Mart parking lot is better than this. We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $99.00

My husband, 2 year old son and I stayed in their "Deluxe log cabin" for one week in July 2010. The price per night was $130. We expected to get a decent vacation cottage as they call it on their website especially for the price! We most certainly did not. The cabin had old, dirty, outdated furnishings. The molding was falling off, there were nails poking up out of the floor, the tub was small and sinking in. There was a crack in the roof which must have housed a wasp's nest because there were one or two wasps that would come in through the hole occasionally. It was dirty and smelly, and not at all what we expected. The pool opened for one day, most likely to accommodate a cancer bike-a-thon they had there and then closed the next day for cleaning which means they opened it without chemicals, etc. in my opinion. The pool is no where near Olympic sized. They charge for most everything else which is a total rip off especially considering the price per night. There is a middle part to the lake with two platforms to jump from, but you can't go there without paying $3 a person. The staff are all teenagers and very young at that. It rained a few mornings, and they would send their lifeguards home because of it so by the afternoon when the sun is out there is no one there to open the water slides, etc. The water slide was open 2 days, and the jumpy thing was open 1 although they wouldn't allow my 2 year old to go in saying he was too small even though he would have been the only one in it at the time. My parents also came in a 5th wheeler and after getting set up they had them move to another site. To compensate for that they said they would give us free passes for 2 days to use the park. However, the days they chose happen to be a day where they made everything free for the bike-a-thon. The putt- putt course is old and dingy. The country store is tiny with not much in it. The movie theater is not open due to no air conditioning; however, the AC is just the same as was in our cabin, a wall unit! Overall this was a bad experience; unacceptable cabin, dirty outdated campground, and clueless staff. We will NEVER return. Don't waste your money!!!! We camped at Buena Vista Campground in a Campground Cabin.

Featured Campgrounds Near Buena Vista Campground

Are you affiliated with Buena Vista Campground ?