Buena Vista Recreation Destination

Buena, New Jersey

Recent Rate: $55 5/2012

Longitude: -74.9232602119446

Tred66

Beware. My family and I stayed there Memorial Day weekend. We arrived on Friday and we were so unhappy we left Saturday even though we were supposed to stay until Monday.The park is in very poor shape with most seasonals who don't maintain their sites. Our electric kept going out to the point where we couldn't really use the A/C. The facilities where very dirty and the camp store was empty for the most part. I guess there's no quiet time as the radios where blaring late into the night and complaining didn't help. We will never stay there again. Guess I should have looked at reviews here first. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Travel Trailer.

Lisa and tom

Tired and neglected. Looks like this could have been a great camp ground decades ago. Water slide, mini golf, lake...all of which looked forgotten. Most sites were over grown. A good deal of seasonal campers; a few of their sites were nice, but most weren't. It wouldn't be a place we I'll return to or recommend to others. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Travel Trailer.

travlinfamily

This park is more of a permanent trailer park than campground. The place is quite scary. Beat up dirty campers where I believe people live year round. The bathrooms were horrific. Bumpy dirt roads throughout. This place was probably once a nice place to camp as I heard so much about it. However, it is currently owned by one of those massive companies that are buying up campgrounds and running them in to the dirt. We left after one night. As I said the place was scary and we did not feel safe there at all. Not for children or families. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Travel Trailer.

Sibernut

Read & heed the reviews! We went anyway because it was the only place central for a family gathering-BIG mistake. This park is ABYSMAL. Let me be more specific-if I had to pick a place in that area again, I'd boon dock at the county landfill first. I do have to say the staff was kind & very friendly. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Fifth Wheel.

Creeker37

Sorry folks take warning! This place has outlived its usefulness. Dirty rundown, mismanaged. A place with a lot of squatters. Sorry I can't call them seasonals. Back in the day with former owners this was a good CG. I know I used to rent and operate the Camp store there. Seems Morgan finds Bad CGs and makes them worse. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Fifth Wheel.

Gseibert

Roads are terrible, lots of bumps and potholes. Difficult to get into sites, trees are in inconvenient spots. Could not open our awning. We had to hunt down a firepit and a picnic table, as there were none on our site. There was a beer bottle in what appeared to have been the firepit which was here at one time. Guest fees are exorbitant considering this park isn't that great. Would not camp here again. We have Morgan 'Moola' and not sure if we will even use it. Hopefully all of their parks aren't in this bad of shape. Inconvenient breaker box. When the power went out we had to go up to the end of the lane and find it. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Travel Trailer.

NJHOC

This is a deplorable facility. Filthy registration area with an overhang across the road causing us to back our fifth wheel out of the registration area onto a side road marked DO NOT ENTER! We were taken to our site which had a 15 amp outlet and a 30 amp burned out outlet. Taken to another site that looked like seasonals had just departed and filthy with many trees prohibiting safe parking! Long story short we called the NJ State police to help us get our money back so we could leave! After 2 and 1/2 hours in the campground we left with a credit! If you are considering this campground, DON'T! We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Motorhome.

fpullanosr

The poster of Aug 2010 must have been at a different location. All the other posters are right on. This place is terrible! Roadways were horrible, toilets stink, debris and trash all over, fire pits loaded with trash and beer cans. If there was a rating lower than 1, this place gets it. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Motorhome.

User1161

The main roads are terrible, no question. The secondary roads are not significantly better, but an improvement over the main roads (or maybe we were used to the pot holes by the time we reached our spot). We were here pre-season, so 90+ percent of campers were long term. No issues with the long term folks. Park requires long term residents to meet certain aesthetic standards which keeps up a reasonable appearance for the site. Many pads are natural, hard pack sand/dirt; some are gravel. It was a bit below my expectations for a Morgan Resort; but it worked for the one night we were here. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Motorhome.

arrieminter

I camped at this site with my RV on 10/8/10 through 10/11/10. I started not to go because of the poor reviews. Boy am I glad my husband and I along with our 3 grandchildren decided to go. The campground was beautiful and clean even during what you may call "off-season". he restrooms/bathhouses were very clean and the staff was very accommodating. I gave the campsite an "8" - only because there was no cable - but our dvd's did just fine. I will definitely go back to this campsite. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Motorhome.

v3coinshooter

Where do I start? We will NEVER stay at this campground again! This was the second most expensive place we have camped, and by far the worst. The staff was mostly teenagers who bickered about everything they were told to do, and one of the lifeguards, after having to blow the whistle at someone was telling guests how much she hated kids! There was Latino music blasting morning to night. The music across from my site was so loud many people complained to the management. Quiet time is 11:00 and all three nights we were here, music was blasting until 1:30 AM (I'm talking DJ at a wedding, loud). The pool was in the process of being rebuilt so obviously it was closed. With a little planning maybe there would have been a pool for 4th of July. Some of the bathhouses were locked shut, and the open ones were deplorable. Another problem was SUV's speeding around the place for something to do. They were doing laps just cruising around with their stereos cranked up and drinking! One of them even crashed and had to have it towed! If it wouldn't have been upsetting to our children, we would have left after the first couple of hours (maybe we should have). I would not recommend this campground to anyone, and wish I found this website before staying here. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Travel Trailer.

GDM

This is a great place to camp if you like to be over charged for everything and like to hear latino music blasting away all hours of the day and night. If your in the area, try Indian Branch Park or Country Oaks instead. A Wal-Mart parking lot is better than this. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Travel Trailer.

nshepherd

My husband, 2 year old son and I stayed in their "Deluxe log cabin" for one week in July 2010. The price per night was $130. We expected to get a decent vacation cottage as they call it on their website especially for the price! We most certainly did not. The cabin had old, dirty, outdated furnishings. The molding was falling off, there were nails poking up out of the floor, the tub was small and sinking in. There was a crack in the roof which must have housed a wasp's nest because there were one or two wasps that would come in through the hole occasionally. It was dirty and smelly, and not at all what we expected. The pool opened for one day, most likely to accommodate a cancer bike-a-thon they had there and then closed the next day for cleaning which means they opened it without chemicals, etc. in my opinion. The pool is no where near Olympic sized. They charge for most everything else which is a total rip off especially considering the price per night. There is a middle part to the lake with two platforms to jump from, but you can't go there without paying $3 a person. The staff are all teenagers and very young at that. It rained a few mornings, and they would send their lifeguards home because of it so by the afternoon when the sun is out there is no one there to open the water slides, etc. The water slide was open 2 days, and the jumpy thing was open 1 although they wouldn't allow my 2 year old to go in saying he was too small even though he would have been the only one in it at the time. My parents also came in a 5th wheeler and after getting set up they had them move to another site. To compensate for that they said they would give us free passes for 2 days to use the park. However, the days they chose happen to be a day where they made everything free for the bike-a-thon. The putt- putt course is old and dingy. The country store is tiny with not much in it. The movie theater is not open due to no air conditioning; however, the AC is just the same as was in our cabin, a wall unit! Overall this was a bad experience; unacceptable cabin, dirty outdated campground, and clueless staff. We will NEVER return. Don't waste your money!!!! We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Campground Cabin.

scrapper02

The water slide was not running at the time, a big disappointment. Facilities are OK, a bit old and outdated. he past few years we have seen a decline in this place. New management/owners and the place has seen better days. We will probably look for somewhere else to camp. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Travel Trailer.

User1496

This park is a disaster! The interior roads have been strafed by enemy aircraft causing bomb craters designed to swallow your motorhome. Many of the campers are run down travel trailers and the sites look like junk yards. The park staff has no clue when asked the simplest of questions. Everything is old and dirty. The camp store smells and has nothing worth buying, but if you do buy wood for roasting marshmellows, you get it in an old plastic milk crate and the wood isn't even dried out. TV, forget it, the trees limit reception to 2 or 3 local channels. Throw your cell phone away because it can't be used here. Oh yes, throw out your computer too. I wouldn't stay here again if it were for free or even if they wanted to pay me. We camped at Buena Vista Recreation Destination in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Buena Vista Recreation Destination ?