Beachcomber Camping Resort

Cape May, New Jersey

Latitude: 39.0044197830797

Davetheroamer

This was our last camping trip of the season. Pools were closed, but we (camped with 3 other families) had an awesome time. Sites were large, though we all had difficulties backing in due to the fences they put up around the sites. Other then the tight maneuvering to park, this campground was PERFECT. They had plenty of activities for our kids, a real nice and large lake that even had an operational tug-boat, and concrete pads at our campsites. We will DEFINITELY visit this campground again. Great pick for the end of a great season of camping. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

jerseybob65

Not big rig friendly as stated. Have split rail fence on road corners and other various inconvenient locations plus lamp posts at opening on each back-in site. If you are over a 35' class A, think twice. Would be so easy to fix if they wanted to!! Campground is clean and well maintained, but it should be for the price and extra fees they charge. Pay showers, $8/guest plus $8/car visitors fee, plus, plus, plus. Bring your wallet. Kind of like being on the boardwalk. Easy access to the shore the only reason for being here. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Diesel Dave

This is what we call: a do not return. I had site 97. They say that they are big rig friendly, and that is far from the truth. The roads are narrow and one way. They also have half of the sites set-up where you back in blind. The light post, fence and the narrow roads make it very hard to get a large unit into a site. They have 3 or 4 water spickets off of one line, behind the sites 12 to 20 PSI. You need to put up $60.00 CASH deposit for a cable box for each TV you want to watch and $2/day. My wife drove separate from me, do to work. So they hit me for $8/day for the extra car. Then told me I could not park it in my site even though it fit and was well off the narrow road. It had to be 75-80 yards from the site. DO NOT waste your time or money on this campground! We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

4dvcfans

Very nice place. We were here for Halloween. They put on a nice weekend. My 2 boys loved it and my older son said he had a great time on the hay ride. Nice sites. The concrete pads were nice. Not bad to get in and out with a 34' rig. Already have plans to come back next year. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

older

Very poor, will not stay here again. Rude people and every thing is about money. I'm in a wheelchair and things were not accessible. Never again. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

RVFamily1221

Beachcomber was a nice campground and very large. We were disappointed that there were so many seasonal sites, almost the entire park was seasonal sites, and even though we checked in before the weekend crowd, they put us on what looked to be a non renewed seasonal site with landscaping decorations and things. We did feel a bit out of place with all the seasonal folks. We camped in the Spring so the price was not bad, but I will not camp there during prime season because the price jumps way up. The roads are tight, and the spot we were in was VERY tight for our 30' travel trailer, I can't imagine maneuvering with something larger,. The site across the way almost lost their pink flamingos and decorative junk when we were backing in. You can't beat the location however, smack between Wildwood and Cape May. It is easy access to both. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

emoniluv

Don't stay here. You won't be happy. They only want to nickel and dime you for everything. Not friendly at all. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

emoniluv

To start all staff is very unfriendly especially the maintenance and security personnel. You would think you were in prison not on vacation. We have camped there many, many years, and it seems to get worse every year. The owners care about nobody except themselves. Any problems and it's always the campers' fault. God forbid the security staff would ever be wrong. One guard in particular thinks he owns you once you pass though the gates of hell. It's just not enjoyable when you have staff breathing down your neck for every little thing. Rules are one thing, but it's taken a little over board. I think there were less rules and regulation in Alcatraz. lol We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Shukonda

Our stay was a very good stay for the Halloween themed camping. I wasn't exactly happy that we were charged an extra $10 for an "activity fee", but with pumpkin painting, you had to pay for your pumpkins? They had a haunted hayride that was actually very good. I found the staff to be very friendly and the seasonal campers to be friendly as well. The park is huge and there are lots of fun for the kids without it feeling too crowded. I brought my miniature pinscher and was received very well at the campground. It was a good time trick or treating and it seemed that everyone brought candy to hand out even some gave treats for the dogs. My son and 2 nephews volunteered to help with the haunted hayride and when my nephew got hurt (he hung onto the hayride instead of letting go), I was immediately found and brought up to him and they took me back to my site. They also made sure that he received his gifts for volunteering which was nice of them. The bathrooms are a little but were clean. The camp store was stocked efficiently. The store even let me borrow their scissors so I could finish decorating my site. They provided coffee and muffins on Sunday which was delicious. My family had a great time and would definitely come again. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

wandrr

This park has many faults, not the least of which is the extremely tight sites and roads. We were hard pressed to make some of the turns with just our truck, let alone our 36 foot fifth wheel. The sites are just dirt. The hookups are at the rear of the sites: we used 75 feet of water hose, 25 feet of sewer hose, and 50 feet of power cable. All sites are totally shaded, so forget about any satellite shot. Finally, they charged us an extra $10 for an "entertainment fee" for some Halloween foolishness that we did not use. Considering that almost all the sites are seasonals or rental park models and cabins, we felt completely out of place as transients. Finally, their WiFi only worked near their pavilion. We will definitely not stay here again. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Country Gentleman

I understand why it was the only cg in south Jersey that had a vacancy over the Columbus day holiday. There is one site that is "big rig" friendly and that's the picture on their website. We're in a 38 ft motorhome and the sites are heck to back in to. The roads are narrow with fences, trees and the seasonal campers putting sign posts, borders, etc., and its at least 90% seasonals. Now for the really inconvenient part: water pressure. It measured as low as 12 lbs to an all time high of 20 pounds. Personally, we'll stay at a rest area or Wal-Mart before staying here again. I told some friends its kind of a cross between Grapes of Wrath and a trailer park. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Fishsammich

I recommend staying here when staying in Cape May. It's near all birding sights and the ponds have fish in it. Quiet atmosphere with good coffee at the office. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Tent.

daverain

Like the previous posts, we were assured that we could have a site on a wider stretch of road. This was in March, and we paid in full! Lo and behold, we got the site next to the impossible site we had last year! Had to remove fencing etc. too bad we didn't have a chain saw. Nice place, but don't waste your time with Linkspot and its internet service or lack of! $30.00 a week and it doesn't work! Guess what, they won't refund your money either. Bring an AIRCARD. Still, all in all, the campground is nice, and has a lot of activities for little ones. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

minnow

I would guess 80% of the sites are permanent and would guess that within 5 years this will not be a campground but rather a trailer park. Generally the sites are on the large size but the some trees need to be taken out. The sites are very hard to get into between the trees and fences at edge of the roadways. They advertise this place as being "big rig friendly" but I can tell you anything over 23 feet in length is going to be a real challenge to get into to. The place needs some money put back into it as it is evident that this campground was designed for 1960's era trailers and has not been updated. On the plus side, the pools are very nice, the bathrooms are clean and are cleaned several times a day. But like I said at the beginning of this review, within five years, the place will be all permanents anyways so none of this will matter. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

calmme

Nice experience. Lake/beach/playground set up was great. A little tight backing into the site. There were cabins across from us and they had fences in front. Grassy site although a little muddy at beginning of the space. I was a little annoyed at the fees. My parents stopped for dinner and they charged $15 for the hour long stay. And I still have not received my $10 back for the gate card that I dropped in the overnight mail slot. We camped at Beachcomber Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Beachcomber Camping Resort?