Lake Laurie Campground

Cape May, New Jersey

• yes-lake Waterfront

ccd236

I camped here with my family in August, and despite the heat, had a great stay. The activities kept the kids entertained. The potholes were bad, but if you are familiar with the area you can attribute it to the quality of the soil in the pine barrens. Our site was nice and shaded which made a huge difference. I would come back. We camped at Lake Laurie Campground in a Motorhome.

bug512

This is for site 155: electric service was 20 amps for a RV site. I could not run my air conditioner and another appliance, voltage was as low as 105 volts. Water service: the handle was broken and water pressure was less than 20 pounds. I needed to fill my freshwater tank and used my house pump to take a shower. Site was dirty when we arrived. Piles of trash in the fire ring and on site. I contacted the office and they did clean it up. Sewer smells from staff pumping out holding tanks and dump station. Road drainage: water from road drained through our site. Location of dumpsters: need to drive through campground to dispose of trash. Dump station, fencing in the way of drive path, vehicle and camper in the road while dumping, grade is tilted away from dump station this will not allow the tanks to totally empty. The entry road is too narrow, especially by check-in. Golf carts: they enforce the 5MPH speed limit with cars, but not with the golf carts. Keep the golf carts on the golf course. Bathrooms: we only looked in and they were very filthy. The doors do not close, making the bathrooms full of bugs. We left a day early due to the sewer smell. Very high cost for a 20 Amp outlet and some low pressure water. We camped at Lake Laurie Campground in a Motorhome.

bbqman1968

Despite the negative reviews (that we found after booking this campground), we arrived and were shocked at all the people around the campground; it was great. Staff was friendly; new management was awesome. Bath houses and showers were maintained a minimum of 3-4 times daily, maybe more (spotless and clean). We were 4 rows from the lake, and it was very quiet. Pool was nice and clean as the lake was, too. If your kids are in the lake they should have a life vest on. In reply to prior review, we stayed for 9 days and added another day. We left there taking a seasonal site. Lots of things for the kids to do. Live band music and a lot of kids if you have kids. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice quiet clean and enjoyable stay. Close to everything. 5 stars all the way. We camped at Lake Laurie Campground in a Travel Trailer.

nm4

Went on a $150 all day Friday-Sunday special so we wouldn't have to worry about 11am checkout on Sunday. Original site was flooded and swampy, guide told us to pick another where we did set up completely and woke to a knock on the door the following morning that we had to move. Given choice of sites to move to, drove around to look at the sites and all are basically tent sized sites w/ the exception of a few. Sewer sites are occupied by seasonals so don't even bother calling for a full hook-up site. Pool and lake areas were nice although my 7 year old who is an excellent swimmer had to wear a huge life jacket to go in the lake which made swimming completely unenjoyable for him. Bring bug spray. We decided to camp here despite the past reviews since it was cheap and we knew we would be in Wildwood for the Beach Blast soccer tournament and on the rides and beach for most of our stay. Very private sites but a chainsaw to open some up would do wonders to give a little more room to the site. If you have a slide-out you will have to choose between your slide out or your awning. Would camp again for the lower rates if we were planning to only be at the campground to eat and sleep. We camped at Lake Laurie Campground in a Travel Trailer.

hiker1

This campground is best visited during the off-season. Most Jersey shore campgrounds have ridiculous overcrowding issues during summer months. This campground was OK for our use as we were out of the campground all day and did not use any of their facilities. Location is excellent to all Jersey shore points. We had a pull-through site that was nicely spaced. The problem I encountered is that the roads are barely wide enough to get my 24ft x 7.5ft wide hybrid trailer around turns. Do not attempt to bring ANYTHING bigger in here unless your staying in the field! We may come back again during the off season time. It does offer location, location. We camped at Lake Laurie Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Stevie G.

I booked a two week reservation, and left in less than 2 hours with a full refund. Their idea of full hookups was an electrical extension cord from another site strewn across tree branches to my site. I am not saying every site is like this, but that was what they gave me. I imagine the seasonal folks get the better sites. If not going seasonal, don't bother. We camped at Lake Laurie Campground in a Motorhome.

masportster

We went to Lake Laurie in July 2007 and were concerned with the low ratings it received in this site and in camp directories. All other campgrounds were booked so we decided to go anyway. We were pleasantly surprised. We had a wooded, level site in the 600 section. We loved the location...mid way between Wildwood and Cape May. The lake was very nice. The only downed was the step on the trampoline was broken and made it very difficult to get up. The pool was nice and the water fresh. The camp store had a good selection and the snack bar had a decent variety. We spoke to a woman who had an annual site there and she explained that the campground was under new ownership this year and she listed all the improvements so far. She was pleased with the new ownership. My only criticisms...the bathrooms could be cleaner and the park looks a bit shabby in the front with some of the campers located there. We will definitely be back...possibly Sept 2007. We camped at Lake Laurie Campground in a Tent Trailer.

towmanric

Brand new fifth wheel. Went to Lake Laurie on my first trip with my new trailer. When we arrived, we were given a site. We tried to make it to the site, but when we found it, there was no way our 32 foot trailer was going to be able to back into it. Take two: went back to office, given another site, roads - trails really - were barely wide enough for our trailer. Second site: not going to fit. Back to office. Take three: "go look around." After an hour of getting my new trailer scratched on the roof by limbs, went back to the office. I asked them why they told me to take a 13 foot trailer through a campground that had only about 11 feet of clearance. The response: "I knew it wouldn't fit but the other girl was new and I didn't want to correct her." I lost it. No problem getting a full refund of my deposit. Will not return. We camped at Lake Laurie Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

NJCampers

What a nightmare. I tried to make a reservation at several campgrounds in the Cape May area. All were booked solid. I then called Lake Laurie which I found on the internet. I called Lake Laurie to make a reservation on a Wednesday night. I was told that they had "plenty of openings" and that I would have to leave a small deposit. I should have suspected something was wrong based on the fact that it was the only place in the area with openings. My mistake. I left the deposit using my debit card. I was told the cancellation policy was that if the reservation was cancelled 21 days prior to the check in date that I would receive a full refund. Several hours after making the reservation a friend told me about this website. After reading the horrible reviews on RVparkreviews we were very sceptical, but decided to go anyway. The following morning we realized that we had a family commitment during the time we were supposed to stay at Lake Laurie. When I called to cancel I was told that I would have to pay an administrative fee of $50.00. I told the woman what I had been told 12 hours earlier and she said "sorry" that is our policy. I also found out during this conversation that they had not taken a small deposit but the entire amount of my for my proposed stay. What a ripoff. Bad reviews. Bad policy. Improper information provided. Bad campground. Beware of Lake Lake Laurie! We camped at Lake Laurie Campground in a Travel Trailer.

jimsimm

This has to rank as one of the worst I've EVER been to. It's a shame. Filthy, run down, and old. You see the pictures on the website? Those are from 1970 -- look at the cars and the clothes and you can tell. Then go to the campground and you'll see it hasn't been cleaned or updated since 1970. That "lake" they have there is disgusting. You couldn't pay me enough to swim in that. It looks NOTHING like the picture anymore. Words can't properly convey how bad this place is. Do yourself a favor and stay far, far away from this one! We camped at Lake Laurie Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Jude Travel Park

New Orleans, Louisiana

Avalon RV Resort

Clearwater, Florida

Are you affiliated with Lake Laurie Campground?