Driftwood Camping Resort

Clermont, New Jersey

Recent Rate: $60 8/2014

• yes-lake Waterfront

Adrian'n'Rocky

We had a great experience at this campground. The sites are pull through and level. There are only a few sites that aren't seasonal but the seasonals are very well kept and there is pride in ownership. The campground is very well located near Wildwood and Cape May and not far from the famous Ocean City, NJ. The Cape May zoo is right down the road and is a must (and it's free!). The staff at Driftwood are top notch and anything we needed was provided. The manager actually went above and beyond for us. Great place to stay if you are looking to enjoy Jersey's southern Shore. We camped at Driftwood Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

CampfireMama

VERY clean campground. The staff is exceptionally friendly. This campground does cater to seasonals, but everyone we met was very nice and helpful. The transient sites are small. Seasonal sites are MUCH larger and have a lot more shade. We had a paved parking pad and a small river rock area where the picnic table and fire ring were. Unfortunately, the picnic tables on each transient site are directly next to your neighbor's sewer hookup. It was partially shaded by large pines. The pool is large and well maintained. It is directly across from the transient sites which is nice. Store is stocked well and has reasonable prices. Laundry area is very nice and clean. We camped at Driftwood Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

GlennNJ

We stayed here for our get acquainted period of our new travel trailer. This park is more suited toward seasonal. Not many nightly sites available. The workers i encountered were very friendly. The new pull through site we were given was close together with other sites. The sewer connection for the neighboring site was next to our picnic table (yuk). We camped at Driftwood Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Mystic Reviews

This was our first camping trip in our new travel trailer. We stayed here with another couple who were also trying out their new camper. Overall the campground was very clean. Not only the staff, but also the other campers were very friendly. The pull through sites (at least in the front row) do not have much shade and could get very warm in the summer since they are blacktop. Depending on which site you get, it seemed like every other one had a little more area to it, for fires and picnics. If you were not on one of the bigger sites, you were practically eating your food next to the sewer. The campground is probably 80% seasonal campers with only a few sites for transits. We were in the first row by the first pool. I think there were about 15 sites in the first row. It was a good area for anyone with children who later in the season would want to head to the pool. It was right across from the site. My only complaint about the resort is how a majority of the people here do not stop at the stop sign or follow the 5mph speed limit. I did mention this to an employee on my last day. My friends and I sat and counted the cars the evening before. We saw about 50 vehicles. Of those 50 maybe 3 cars actually stopped at the stop sign. Of those 50 cars, I would say at least 40% were doing the speed limit. I know it was early in the season, but knowing where our site was, right across from the pool and game room area, this could be an issue in peak season. Hopefully they will send out a reminder to their seasonals and other transits that 5mph may be slow, but when there are children walking, running, playing around and people out walking their dogs, it's fast enough and gives everyone time to break without hitting someone. There is a lot to do in the area, from the Cape May Zoo, little shopping village next door, several places to eat. (Chef Ted's is very good!) And there are plenty of beach choices. We camped at Driftwood Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Shukonda

We stayed for a week from July 26th to August 1st. My son enjoyed himself. They have a lake that my son thoroughly enjoyed. They also had to heated pools that were fun too. They had one day where they had pizza and pool games after the pool closed down which was fun for the kids. No one was participating in a lot of the activities for that week it seemed, but my son still enjoyed himself. The staff was very friendly on many different encounters including losing my cell phone, getting firewood, filling my propane, and checking to see if it was working correctly. The game room has a lot of games for the kids to play and a little area where the kids can watch TV and chill out. My son is 13 so it was a good idea to me. They had a party with a DJ that the kids really enjoyed. Everyone from kids to adults were dancing and having a good time. The bathrooms were all very clean and big. The laundry room was also clean and convenient. the wi-fi would have been better if there weren't just hot spots, but it did work perfectly when we were in the hot spot area, but I would rather be at my campsite instead. We liked it because you had a choice of the lake or pool. Our site was closer to the lake in the back, but my aunt who we also came with had a site near the 2nd pool so we sometimes met up at the pool. I would only suggest a little more activities or at least maybe an intercom to get the kids to come out to those activities because as we go about our day, we forget the timeline of events for the day. Our family enjoyed our stay though and would return again. One thing is I think that they should rent out golf carts because this campground is huge, and I was all the way in the back, and it became a bike ride and a half getting up to the front for any of the activities or pool so I just started driving. A golf cart rental would have been better for me. All in all, the staff were friendly, the camp store had everything you can imagine you needed that you may have forgotten. It was conveniently located for our outings to the zoo, Wildwood beaches, movies, and shopping. The price was fair also. We camped at Driftwood Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

fisherking

We had a nice stay area was clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. Would stay here again. We camped at Driftwood Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

revdon64

To call this facility a "camping" resort is something of a misnomer. It really is more of a seasonal trailer park with some spots for campers. We camped here before the start of their season so we had our choice of sites. Even so, there were not many to choose from. The resort does seem to have some amenities that make it a favorable destination, 2 pools, game room, general store, easy access to Jersey shore and off site stores. It is obvious that the main focus of this place is seasonal trailers that are not "mobile." There was even a fifth-wheel trailer across from our site that had been made permanent. Nonetheless, the staff was friendly and very helpful, especially to our family who were first time trailer campers. We would consider coming back here again if a site were available. We understand that their transient sites are difficult to come by during peak season. We camped at Driftwood Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Countryside Campground

Harrison, Michigan

Indian Cove Resort

Virginia Beach, Virginia

Nashville Shores

Hermitage, Tennessee

Are you affiliated with Driftwood Camping Resort?