Flanders, New Jersey

Thursday: 10:00am - 8:00pm
Friday: 10:00am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 9:00am - 8:00pm

Hours above shown for timezone: America/New_York

• Phone Phone yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes
  • Pond Pond yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $45.00

This is your average campground. All the amenities you need for a 1 or 2 night stay. Definitely not a holiday destination.
Our site was easy to access as were the services.
Grounds could be neater, several kids bikes randomly left. Access roads could use improvements. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Motorhome.

A2

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $36.00

Stayed 2 nights because we wanted close proximity to relative in Randolph, NJ. Hard to find from Old Ledgerwood Road even with blu & white CG signs. There is a back entrance off of International Drive, but once you turn in, it looks like a dead-end until you wind around an find the road that leads to the office. The whole place looks like it has seen better days. Lots of year round residents. Office lady was polite and courteous. Park is tucked in between new shopping developments and I80 and a residential area. Ponds were covered with green scum. We have 25' class C and it was tight to pull down the road and then back into our site. The gravel road there in T section was in fairly good shape but it was a little tricky to maneuver as there was a steep rock reinforcing wall across from our site. Site sloped slightly away from the road. Tree branches not trimmed. Wi-fi was useless. No CATV. Dumping station was a little tricky to get into even for a 25' class C. If I had it to do over I would have asked for a pull-thru site. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Motorhome.

T-10

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Walmart, Lowes, Bed Bath & Beyond plus major restaurants all nearby.

Easier to come in and out off of International Drive, once you know where it is.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

This park is improved over my 2013 visit. There are many long term residents, some working construction, so reservations are needed. Speed bumps/dips are wicked and I passed over at less than 5mph. I exited via the entrance as there is no sign for the exit route and it was steep and rough. Proximity to northern NJ and NY is the plus for Fla-Net and they are making improvements, e.g. the shallow pool was clean and maintained. Access the park via a sharp turn southbound on to the 1st intersection on Route 206 south of I-80. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Motorhome.

Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Nearby is the 1830's Morris Canal/Waterloo Village State Park, and the Delaware Water Gap. Walmart and a number of restaurants are just south of the park, and we could walk to dine.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

Our GPS took us by way of Old Ledgewood Road and the park had a nice appearance on arrival. The entrance off of International Road will also work now although this is the back door so to speak. The CG is very apparent from Intentional road and the dirt roads will lead you to the office. Full hook ups are available, no cable, no fire pit and Wi-Fi is poor. We were in the P group and had good satellite reception. ATT is good. The campground was full and had good rigs camping. I did not notice many seasonal campers with old rigs.

My biggest complaint concerns service. The employees just don't recognize this importance. My campsite had no picnic table and I requested one from one of the employees. Within a half hour i had a brand new table at my site. Wonderful! About an hour later I walked out to my site and the table was gone and replaced with an old weather beaten one. No biggee but unusual. On the day we were leaving I took the trash to the dumpster as per regulations. The dumpster was at the far end of the campground with quite a walk. One of the employees passed me three times in his dump golf cart and I finally caught up with him at the dumpster where he was sitting. I asked him why he didn't take my trash from me as he was headed that way. It just didn't occur to him. Additionally the campground should have provided a guide to the campsite. The map was not clear and I had to go around twice to the site. At the fee they were charging, a little extra service would have been a plus. We stayed four days. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Travel Trailer.

P-4
Dirt, Grass

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Walmart and Lowes across International Road from the campground, with-in walking distance..

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $40.00

Based on other reviews, we didn't go in with many expectations. However, we were pleasantly surprised....it turned out OK. We only stayed for 2 nights, but it was quiet and peaceful in what you would think would be an urban area. As other reviewers have mentioned, you need to make your entry to Flanders-Netcong Rd off of Old Ledgewood Road. If you try to come in off International, it deadends before you get to the park. The terrain is hilly, but we navigated it just fine with a 40' toyhauler (57' overall length). We had a pull-through site that was long enough. Water, power, and sewer worked just fine. Not a big site, but adequate. No cable. Satellite is unlikely due to lots and lots of trees. Over the air TV was VERY limited. There is WiFi, but as we have found in every park we've stayed in, it is slow. Our ATT & Verizon hotspots worked well. The owner is working on making things better, but it's not an overnight process. We would return if we were in the area. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Fifth Wheel.

M2

When we checked in, we were warned that a bear had been seen in the area. The wife and dog actually met the bear on a morning walk....so it DOES exist! Be careful out there...even in Northern New Jersey!

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $45.00

Fla-Net is a campground to avoid. GPS location is incorrect - it took us to a dead-end road. So we had to unhitch our towed vehicle to get turned around. The manager said they keep meaning to correct that. The campground was a mix of hills and valleys. It was the most uneven campground I've ever seen. The first spot they sent me to was way too narrow with overhanging trees that scraped my roof. After complaining they gave me the adjacent site. Thankfully I had a good surge protector. It caught the fact that the electric had no "ground" and the polarity was reversed. This could have fried my camper's electrical system. Had to add an extender to my electric cable to hook up to the next site over. This place is a wreck! We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Motorhome.

Find somewhere else to camp. This is close to NYC, but not worth it.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $48.00

Extremely tight spots. Some tough terrain to drive through to get to park and even more to get to your spot. The operator is nice enough and fairly helpful and provides a 10% discount just for asking while not officially part of a discount program.

The amenities seem quite nice though we didn't have an opportunity to use them. It seems popular as it was pretty full.

30A with water was $38/night. 30A with water and sewer was $43/night. 50A with water and sewer was $48, which we paid $43, discounted. In my opinion a little steep for such a cramped, fairly basic space. $10 less across the board and I'd up my rating for value. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $29.00

A transition is about. I rolled through here last summer and found a lot of the same things others were complaining about. But the one brother seems to be working vigilantly to bring the park up to par. He may not be there just yet, but it is coming along. Recently, a load of road millings were delivered to help shore up the roads, there are 2 new washer machines, the playground and pool areas are painted and improved, the grass is cut on a regular basis and it looks like a majority of the long-term worker residents have left. Perhaps half a dozen are left. The problem I have is the lack of enforcement with the leash law/rule. The long-termers come home from work and drink beer while their dogs are running around until 10 at night - weekends are worse. If you are a responsible dog owner, you constantly have fend off the loose ones. The other thing is the Internet. It took a while for someone to come out and kick the Wi-Fi unit in the rear end to get it to work. I'll be here next year We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $43.00

Dirty and run down. We used this place as an overnight while on the road. The office was not open (3pm) and nobody answered the phone when we arrived or returned the voice mail I left. I think they are content with the permanent residents/workers that stay there and don't have to try very hard. The place seems safe. I would stay here again if in a pinch but not If I had another choice. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $40.00

The best thing going for this campground is location. Your experience will largely be determined by your site. There are some pleasant sites overlooking the ponds. The maintenance of the park has deteriorated since we last stayed here in 2011. Gravel roads rutted from rain, sewer connections not sealed, broken trash dumpsters, trash and broken glass in vacant campsites. The owner passed away and the family is trying to decide what to do with the campground while the estate is being settled. Probably little free cash flow to do maintenance at this point. We made a 3 day reservation 3 months ago which got 'lost'. Fortunately they had space. It is very convenient to I-80, and quiet. We would not stay again unless we needed access to NYC. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $43.00

Very nice campground. Pool is a wading pool because of NJ Law that they must have a full time lifeguard if it was any larger. Everything worked, sites were of ample size, and close to highway but quiet. The park may be sold and will not be an RV Park anymore. Would not want to see that happen. NJ has few choices up here in the North West area of the state. We would camp here again. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Travel Trailer.

spr

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $43.00

We stayed here because we needed to be in the area, and this park was still open. I think we were the only non-resident here. The other sites were all full, and we were told they were "pipeline workers". Our site was muddy, too narrow to put both our slide and our awning out, with litter and toys (from neighboring families?). The bathroom stalls were so small, I could barely use them (and I am 5'2" tall!). The two ponds were scummy. The roads were difficult to navigate, due to being rutted and due to all the vehicles parked along the road. The person in the office was polite. The park was quiet, and close to shopping. We will Not stay here again, and would encourage a major overhaul to the facilities. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $48.00

This is a very tired, unmaintained, fairly large campground with 70+ sites. However, it has LOCATION. Major shopping & restaurants a mile away. NYC is 50 miles. Close to I-80 Exit 27A but the last stretch on Old Ledgewood Rd. is twisty narrow road. Take your time. It’s quite doable. As with most campgrounds in this area, it is hilly with trees, and sites fit the topography. We were fortunate to get a site where our roof satellite worked. 98% seasonals & workers. Glad they kept a few sites for overnighters like us. The entrance was paved but some over-hanging branches. Signage is washed out & needed more strategically placed. Grounds are unkempt with weeds and small pieces of junk and litter. “Rustic” can be OK but buildings dilapidated with many cobwebs and junk strewn about. Even some broken windows. Tools and machinery created an eye sore. Restrooms somewhat clean but so old and unimproved, I wouldn’t want to shower there – cobwebs, openings in plaster, poor lighting, old fixtures. Two washers & three dryers on open porch behind office. Both washers got stuck on rinse cycle, dryers left clothes damp. Appears grandparents left it to kids and kids don’t seem to care about maintenance or improvements. Everything is OLD. Heard some areas had a bad washout in heavy rains and appear there is some new gravel in places, but not a lot. Roads are gravel with ruts and minor pot holes. Our overnight site was level, good 50 amp, full hookups, with fresh gravel. Good enough for our needs. We would come back but with lower expectations. Campgrounds are few in this area. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2012 - $32.00

There's not many parks in New Jersey, especially open in the winter time, But the owner kept his park open this winter due to all of the workers there for Hurricane Sandy. Pros: Close to many major roads and highways, lots of shops nearby, good electric hookup, good sewer hookup, water not off-colored or funny tasting, decent Wi-Fi, decent sized spots, couple of lakes and plenty of grass for walking dogs. Cons: Low water pressure, dirt spots so very muddy when it rains, laundry & restrooms were closed because it was winter, no cable. This is really a decent park for what it is. Not really a vacation destination area or a resort park but perfect for our needs. The person running it now is the son of the lady that was running it previously that others posted about. She has recently passed away. In the warmer months, several other ladies help in the office and everyone was always available when we needed them even on Christmas day when my parents in another spot had an issue with their electrical hookup. All in all a great place to stay if you need to be in this area. We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $43.00

Wow am so disappointed, I should have read the other reviews first, this place is a dump. We camp a lot and this is the first time we have been so totally unhappy with a campground. First of all when we called to make the reservation a nasty lady basically said fine you're reserved-very rude. The "scenic" ponds are more like cesspools foul stagnant ponds with a layer of thick green slim on top. We threw rocks in it and I thought they might sit right on top...yuck! The "playground is a rickety backyard type slide, two swings (with broken chains) and seesaws, not safe let alone kid friendly. Oh and the playground is right next to the rocky ledge for one of the slimy creeks with no fences or anything. We got situated and went to start a fire to cook dinner and had no fire ring went to the office and was told rudely that's the difference between RV park and campground and no fires allowed. I am pretty sure there are homeless people tent camping near the playground, not cool. Could not wait to get out of this place, I advise you skip it! We camped at Fla-Net Park in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Fla-Net Park?