Tip Tam Camping Resort

Jackson, New Jersey

queeksdraw

This is a good park, for the area. It is hard to find a decent park in the area (resort style). My main con here is the price and some things connected to the price ($59). I was pretty much forced by management to pay for 50 amp even though I have 30 amp, he said because I am using both ACs. I tried to explain that many RVs use 30 amp and run both ACs. Finally, I realized I was beating my head against a wall. Also, after you pay your high price, if you want to do laundry it is 2 bucks a pop, I feel this is high. The showers are pay showers. The bathroom area is tight with no AC, not that big a deal, but lets the bugs in since door always open. I also extended one more day to make it a full week and was not given the weekly rate. Also, there are many junky old rundown moldy trailers in here. I don't mind full timers at all, I almost am one, but wow, keep things in a semi state of clean/repair. The pros, #1 Big Sites! Nice Shade. Pretty clean. Better than average WIFI, but not great. We had a tent set up for the kids, so they let you do that, nice. Good pool area, would be nice if they had a hot tub for the price. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

campingandtravels.blogspot.com

We have no idea how this campground got so many great reviews. Pros – woman in office is very, very nice. Now the cons – sites are tight – yes, they are wide, but not deep. Roads are tough to maneuver with a big rig as well. Sites are dirt, not grass. Sites are incredibly close together – so close that we are 5-feet from five different rigs – can’t believe this passes fire code. Lots of seasonals and their sites illustrate such. Lots of people very loud late into the evening – quiet hours do not start until 10:45. HUGE piles of bagged garbage in and around dumpsters that have not moved in days. Lots of rules – i.e. – no use of personal washers and dryers. Our favorite (note sarcasm) – dogs cannot be walked off ones site. What? Yes, that’s right. You can walk your dog in your dirt site, but not on any road. The owner offered that we can drive the ½ mile to her house, park, and walk the dog there, but seriously – we can’t even walk out the gate!?! When we asked why, we were told that there were too many “dog issues” and this is what her insurance company said to do. She wants to still be considered “dog friendly” since so many people travel with dogs, therefore they technically allow dogs, but you just can’t walk them in the campground. So basically, it’s a financial decision, as she’d have to turn away too many people who travel with their dogs. In three years of fulltiming, this is one of the few campgrounds that we would not stay in again – even if it wasn’t for their bizarre dog policy. Finally, a very “trailer park” feel, not campground. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

SteveAZ

The owners are very friendly and go out of their way to help make you feel welcome. The park is a quiet, family friendly campground close to lots of attractions. It is clean and well kept and I will definitely return. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

CapeGreen

We just bought our first trailer and decided on this campground because of its close proximity to our home. Staff was friendly. Clean restrooms. Thankfully, our neighbor was very helpful in helping us back in to our site. I still need much practice in this area. I mentioned that this was our first trip to the office staff and thought they’d send out a staff member to help with that, so this was a bit disappointing. The Wi-Fi was not bad, but couldn’t connect every time I tried. Cable TV only had 11 channels. Enjoyed a couple of the activities they hosted. Did not use the pool, but it appeared to be crystal clear. Site was level, with plenty of space. Campground is well maintained. Had a great time and will return here. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

go88car

First time visiting this campground. Staff was very friendly at first arrival, and the campground and facilities were very clean and organized. The site itself was a nice size and clean as well. Easy in and out with our 34' TT. We had a lot of rain this weekend and the rivers flowing through the campsites were pretty big and deep, however, they did drain out pretty good after the storms passed. My issue was the number of seasonal campers who thought of themselves as mightier than the transients. They felt it was okay to complain about our radio at 10:15 when quiet hours didn't start until 10:45, yet their dog was barking, yelping and running all over the place. The campground staff was also very one-sided in this regard. Our radio wasn't too loud, and others around us were fine with the volume. So I am just chalking this up to the individual who seemed to be really tight with the staff. Since the heavy rain fell all day, we couldn't enjoy the facilities as we would have normally done. The campground just opened and RC Track, however, they don't tell you electric cars only. Just an FYI. We will considering camping here again, but hopefully another site will be available. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

mrsgranett

This campground offered great amenities and activities; we enjoyed the dance with Santa a lot. A lot of seasonals that really seem to love their campsites. Nice wide sites, good location. The bathrooms could have been a bit better--lots of bugs and the showers didn't look great. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

DJC

One of my lower ratings; however, I do like the campground. The site I stayed on was roomy. Hoxie was the name of the site and a corner spot. What I didn't like about the campground was the lack of grass. The sites were very sandy but they were level. I received very little assistance in getting into my site. I had to ask for help because another motor home was hooked up to my electric / cable / water and sewer. I actually lucked out when they allowed me to move over to the corner site. I plan on going back, so don't think of this review as a reason to stay away. If you have children, I believe they will enjoy it. I saw many children seemingly having a good time. I brought my dog; however, you are not allowed to walk him off your site. This was a major inconvenience. Other than that, check this campground out. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

markbrit

Spent another weekend here, it was great. Place is spotless and staff is fun. Lots for the kids to do and they now have an R/C track. Boy those cars can fly. Took another family with us as Tip Tam is always a great way to introduce newbies to camping in NJ. Great fun, we will be back. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

calewjohnson

Very clean and friendly. There are many activities for children. Access to campground is an electronically controlled gate, if you want to go in/out, it is a $20 deposit for a key card. The area I stayed in had very large spots, about 30ft on each side of me. Wi-Fi access throughout the park. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

markbrit

Stayed here again for a short weekend trip to begin the season. A great place to let the kids ride bikes and be safe. Lots of activities the kids love and the staff is great! The one thing I noticed about this campground is how clean it is. Not a candy wrapper blowing in the wind as I see staff always picking up trash if the see it. Nice place, will be back next year. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

RVFamily1221

We just camped here and it was good; nothing to write home about but nothing terrible either. Others mentioned the dog policy. We brought our Shi tzu and he was on a lead at our site. There were two small dogs his size across the way and they were constantly off their leads and barking ALL THE TIME. The staff did tell them they needed to keep them on their site. There was some confusion amongst the staff as to what the boundaries of the site were, and staff parked us pinned between trees 30 feet from our hook ups. I finally went to the office for a new spot and a lovely woman came out and clarified the situation, and we were happy with the big site we had. We were at a large pull through site that was great we had a lot of space. Nothing negative to say, just a little pricey for us to be so close to home. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

hunternhailey

After having to change my reservation from my own personal camper to a rental, I was very pleased. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My rental was clean and in nice condition. I saw a lot of other bad reviews on trip advisor. I don't know why. My experience here was pleasant. We stayed up past 10 on a Friday night: no one told us to put out our fire or to be quiet. But we were not a bunch of loud people. I would recommend this campground. My friends stayed in their own camper and had no bad experiences either. I had a nice 3 day weekend here. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

User1161

A rate this a 5 because it is middle of the road. The rate we'd pay in May 2011 for full hook up is accurate at 52 per night. We chose to NOT stay here because of the pet policy this campground maintains. After reading a 2007 reviewer's experience of being told "NO DOGS can be off your campsite", I emailed to the campground to see if this was a misunderstanding. I received a reply in less than 24 hours stating, "yes this is true we allow dogs on your site but not around the park thank you." I know RVPR doesn't list "PET FRIENDLY", but lists only "pets allowed". Tip Tam allows pets, and if you have a small dog their restriction may be ok for you, I have two large dogs which need walking twice a day minimum; so we're not going to be visiting Tip Tam. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

markbrit

Nothing but fun here. Nice family run campground! We stayed here with some friends who just bought a popup, their maiden voyage was right in our town. Pool and activities were lots of fun for the kids. Owners/staff are friendly and they check in to make sure there are no problems. We also liked the fact that everyone driving, crawls slowly as there are many kids on bikes. Felt very safe with the kids having a long "leash". Can't miss with this campground, give them a chance. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

autismmom

This CG continues to meet our expectations. We come here several times a year and are beginning to be thought of as seasonals!! My kids love all the activities offered and always bring a friend. All the sites are well shaded and roomy. We are given sites as requested, near the back of the CG. You can hear the Sat. night DJ throughout the park, but the music will stop promptly at 10PM. There are two pools that are lifeguard protected. No golf carts allowed except by the owners. Owners are friendly and come check to make sure the site is okay. We will continue to return here. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Pine Cone Resort

Freehold, New Jersey

Bull Island

Stockton, New Jersey

Laurel Pond RV Resort

Jackson, New Jersey

Are you affiliated with Tip Tam Camping Resort?