Tip Tam Camping Resort

Jackson, New Jersey

Jackson, New Jersey

• Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Tip Tam Camping Resort" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $24.00

My husband and I have been staying here for over a month, before we get on the road. We are newbies, in the midst of renting out our home and getting ready to retire. We have found our stay here to be very pleasant and conveniently located in central NJ. Our site is clean and neat, maybe a bit close to our neighbor, and found some dead branches over us that need to be trimmed, but other than that we really do not have any complaints. The management is quite excellent and responsive. This is a good, safe family place, with lots of summer activities for families. There is a decent laundromat available here. Lots of nearby shopping and there is a Laundromat in town, if you wish to save some $ on laundry. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Laurel

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $33.00

This was a nice resort, but we didn't use the facilities. They have 2 pools, bocce ball, basketball, mini golf, activities in the summer. We were there on a rainy week. Being all sand, it made for a mess walking the dog. I will say we got in and out with our 40' rig, but it was very difficult. There is an escort to help and he was very helpful. Lots of trees, no satellite, they had cable, we had fhu 50 amp, unhooked by office, verizon signal on and off, wifi available. Appreciated the recycle bin. The traffic noise is there if you are parked in back. Our spot was quiet. Spots were roomy, but felt crowded as they were every which way and no sense of privacy at all. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $59.00

Wooded park but road noise is evident. Jet traffic into and out of McGuire. A lot of rules (walk dogs only on your site, can't use your washer/dryer, no pitbull or pitbull mixes), seemingly ignored and not enforced. A lot of seasonal sites. Narrow roads, tight turns. Ok for an overnight.

Follow the web site directions rather than the GPS. Roads leading to the campground are good. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Bono

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $60.00

Great mini golf course, very challenging. The owner was one of the most helpful and accommodating to all our needs. Propane is available upon arrival to park. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Sanibel

Featured Campgrounds Near Tip Tam Camping Resort

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $62.00

Gravel interior roads and level sand sites. When I first put my jacks down one sunk deep into the sand so I had to move my rig forward a few feet. Park is loaded with trees and roads are narrow but was able to slowly negotiate my MH through many close trees to the roads. Needed 3 sewer links to access the drain connection. There were so many trees I was amazed I got satellite reception. Worker told me only a few sites can do this. Have security gates and picnic table and fire ring at each site. 20 mile drive to shore. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Eight Mile
Sand
Not big enough for my motorhome

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $50.00

This is a decent park for the area. Most of the campers were seasonal and 5th wheels. The staff was very friendly and over all the park was nice and quite. I would go back again. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Sand

This park is near great adventure. They are several activities at the campsite for kids and adults.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $59.00

This is a good park, for the area. It is hard to find a decent park in the area (resort style). My main con here is the price and some things connected to the price ($59). I was pretty much forced by management to pay for 50 amp even though I have 30 amp, he said because I am using both ACs. I tried to explain that many RVs use 30 amp and run both ACs. Finally, I realized I was beating my head against a wall. Also, after you pay your high price, if you want to do laundry it is 2 bucks a pop, I feel this is high. The showers are pay showers. The bathroom area is tight with no AC, not that big a deal, but lets the bugs in since door always open. I also extended one more day to make it a full week and was not given the weekly rate. Also, there are many junky old rundown moldy trailers in here. I don't mind full timers at all, I almost am one, but wow, keep things in a semi state of clean/repair. The pros, #1 Big Sites! Nice Shade. Pretty clean. Better than average WIFI, but not great. We had a tent set up for the kids, so they let you do that, nice. Good pool area, would be nice if they had a hot tub for the price. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $59.00

We have no idea how this campground got so many great reviews. Pros – woman in office is very, very nice. Now the cons – sites are tight – yes, they are wide, but not deep. Roads are tough to maneuver with a big rig as well. Sites are dirt, not grass. Sites are incredibly close together – so close that we are 5-feet from five different rigs – can’t believe this passes fire code. Lots of seasonals and their sites illustrate such. Lots of people very loud late into the evening – quiet hours do not start until 10:45. HUGE piles of bagged garbage in and around dumpsters that have not moved in days. Lots of rules – i.e. – no use of personal washers and dryers. Our favorite (note sarcasm) – dogs cannot be walked off ones site. What? Yes, that’s right. You can walk your dog in your dirt site, but not on any road. The owner offered that we can drive the ½ mile to her house, park, and walk the dog there, but seriously – we can’t even walk out the gate!?! When we asked why, we were told that there were too many “dog issues” and this is what her insurance company said to do. She wants to still be considered “dog friendly” since so many people travel with dogs, therefore they technically allow dogs, but you just can’t walk them in the campground. So basically, it’s a financial decision, as she’d have to turn away too many people who travel with their dogs. In three years of fulltiming, this is one of the few campgrounds that we would not stay in again – even if it wasn’t for their bizarre dog policy. Finally, a very “trailer park” feel, not campground. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2013 - $18.00

The owners are very friendly and go out of their way to help make you feel welcome. The park is a quiet, family friendly campground close to lots of attractions. It is clean and well kept and I will definitely return. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $54.00

We just bought our first trailer and decided on this campground because of its close proximity to our home. Staff was friendly. Clean restrooms. Thankfully, our neighbor was very helpful in helping us back in to our site. I still need much practice in this area. I mentioned that this was our first trip to the office staff and thought they’d send out a staff member to help with that, so this was a bit disappointing. The Wi-Fi was not bad, but couldn’t connect every time I tried. Cable TV only had 11 channels. Enjoyed a couple of the activities they hosted. Did not use the pool, but it appeared to be crystal clear. Site was level, with plenty of space. Campground is well maintained. Had a great time and will return here. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $54.00

First time visiting this campground. Staff was very friendly at first arrival, and the campground and facilities were very clean and organized. The site itself was a nice size and clean as well. Easy in and out with our 34' TT. We had a lot of rain this weekend and the rivers flowing through the campsites were pretty big and deep, however, they did drain out pretty good after the storms passed. My issue was the number of seasonal campers who thought of themselves as mightier than the transients. They felt it was okay to complain about our radio at 10:15 when quiet hours didn't start until 10:45, yet their dog was barking, yelping and running all over the place. The campground staff was also very one-sided in this regard. Our radio wasn't too loud, and others around us were fine with the volume. So I am just chalking this up to the individual who seemed to be really tight with the staff. Since the heavy rain fell all day, we couldn't enjoy the facilities as we would have normally done. The campground just opened and RC Track, however, they don't tell you electric cars only. Just an FYI. We will considering camping here again, but hopefully another site will be available. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $40.00

This campground offered great amenities and activities; we enjoyed the dance with Santa a lot. A lot of seasonals that really seem to love their campsites. Nice wide sites, good location. The bathrooms could have been a bit better--lots of bugs and the showers didn't look great. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

DJC

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $54.00

One of my lower ratings; however, I do like the campground. The site I stayed on was roomy. Hoxie was the name of the site and a corner spot. What I didn't like about the campground was the lack of grass. The sites were very sandy but they were level. I received very little assistance in getting into my site. I had to ask for help because another motor home was hooked up to my electric / cable / water and sewer. I actually lucked out when they allowed me to move over to the corner site. I plan on going back, so don't think of this review as a reason to stay away. If you have children, I believe they will enjoy it. I saw many children seemingly having a good time. I brought my dog; however, you are not allowed to walk him off your site. This was a major inconvenience. Other than that, check this campground out. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $50.00

Spent another weekend here, it was great. Place is spotless and staff is fun. Lots for the kids to do and they now have an R/C track. Boy those cars can fly. Took another family with us as Tip Tam is always a great way to introduce newbies to camping in NJ. Great fun, we will be back. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2011 - $45.00

Very clean and friendly. There are many activities for children. Access to campground is an electronically controlled gate, if you want to go in/out, it is a $20 deposit for a key card. The area I stayed in had very large spots, about 30ft on each side of me. Wi-Fi access throughout the park. We camped at Tip Tam Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Tip Tam Camping Resort

Are you affiliated with Tip Tam Camping Resort ?