The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground)

Newton, New Jersey

Recent Rate: $48 9/2014

Latitude: 40.9954204200012

jambro

The entrance to get in is only wide enough for 1 vehicle never mind 2 trucks pulling campers. The interior roads are a shambles, potholes, ruts and steep hills and super narrow. The electrical system is outdated with only 30 amp. The voltage was fluctuating the entire length of my stay. I had to shut down the pwr management system so the power would stay on. The water was on one side of the site and the electrical on the other. The cable TV wire was up in a tree and I had to search for it. The sites were a nice size but need serious amounts of gravel to level them out. We would not go back to this campground. We camped at The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground) in a Fifth Wheel.

Zinger Travels

Overall the campground was good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The roads are in poor shape, they are narrow and have with many pot holes and loose gravel on the up and down hill parts which makes pulling large heavy campers precarious when meeting oncoming traffic in blind areas. I will not stay here again. We camped at The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

ever1ast15

Excellent friendly staff made the stay great. Pool is a good size and clean. Bathrooms were small, but clean. I did not use the showers, but did look at them and they seemed clean. The campsites have good room and a good mix of out in the open and tucked away in the shade. The weekend we stayed was a Christmas in July weekend so we figured it would be packed and out of control, but it was well run and even the campers were polite. We had a great time. The only downside if any is that the campground is very hilly and mostly unpaved (crushed gravel). If you camp way in the back (M section), you are going to want to have a bike or something because the walk is a nice one to the front were all the activities are. We stayed in the M section and loved it. We stayed here hoping to find a seasonal site for the future and we are seriously thinking about making this our seasonal home next year. We camped here in a 34' rig and had plenty of room. We camped at The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

mdvr6

Staff is professional, and friendly. Actually, they went out of their way to be friendly and helpful (which is not usually seen at many places). Campground was clean, restrooms are clearly outdated. BUT, they were clean, well lit. Downside, seasonal campers (many) should really be asked to tidy up the area around their campers. It balances on looking like a mobile home park. Decent activities, everyone appeared to be enjoying themselves. We came late evening off the road, and left by 9 am and were charged extra for both of our young children. I understand xtra's but to not include even 1 child, and to charge for both just overnight I thought was a little much considering $50 to begin with. If we were there at least 24 hrs or a weekend I could understand, but not just to rest a head off the road. We camped at The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

RVingMama

This was our first visit. It's a nice little family campground. We don't live too far away, so it was an easy ride for us. It's my understanding the new owners are really trying to clean this place up. They are were very friendly and helpful owners. The pool could have used an additional lifeguard at the pool on 4th of July. The one who was there was working her butt off! Small little store that looked like it had the essentials. Wood and ice delivery was available. Nice little fishing pond with a row boat and a few peddle boats. The boats were FREE to use ~ something that you don't normally see. It's hilly and many drive to the pool, if they aren't seasonals with a golf cart. It was a VERY HOT weekend and the electricity was good except for a short period on Saturday, where it flickered a little. We will definitely be returning and we'd recommend it if you are in the area. We camped at The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

jugs6686

Since the new owners took over last May/2012, this campground is fantastic! Theamed, planned activities every weekend! Clean, upgraded restrooms! Fully loaded campstore! Beautifully, landscaped! Clean and clear campsites!Pet friendly! Complementary paddleboats and rowboats! Airconditioned Reck hall! And last but not least, the staff is super friendly! Best campground I've ever been to! We camped at The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

Nj camping couple

This campground was formerly Green Valley Beach campground, which I understand was sold to new owners in May and is now named The Great Divide. We chose this campground due to it's proximity to our home for a quick weekend away. I actually had high expectations since it was newly owned, that it would be a great campground. Unfortunately it was a disappointing trip. Check in was fine, smooth and staff was friendly. We got to our site, which was insanely far from the pool, activities, etc., and it was on such a slope we couldn't level our class A. Also the smell of sewage backup was so strong it was borderline unbearable. We called the office and was told we could move, so we moved down the hill a little to a more level site (m29). No smell and much better, still really far from pool but what can you do? After setting up, realized the cable TV wasn't working. Called about that, was told the handyman was in Pennsylvania and would be by in 2-3 hours. Needless to say: never saw him, or any other staff for that matter. They claimed a tree fell on the cable which is why it wasn't working. The family across from us had their own axe and was going to vacant sites and ripping off tree branches from trees to cut firewood. Most places we have camped do not allow this. There is also something unsettling about people roaming around with axes. My last problem was that when we were ready to leave and dump our tanks in the sewer, the sewer port is too small for the standard RV sewer hose. So my husband had to hold it down to the hole while I pulled the tanks. No rocks would have held the hose in place, and it's a shame because the sewer hole looked new. I am assuming a lot of these issues are due to new ownership, cash flow, and learning as you go. It has potential to be a nice campground, although it is spread out, so if you don't have a car or tow vehicle it is tough to get around. I hope the new owners work out their kinks and have a nice successful campground. We will probably not be back too soon though. We camped at The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground) in a Motorhome.

clarkcamper

This campground is convenient for families traveling to and from the local Girl Scout summer camp, Camp Hoover. Staying a few nights at Green Valley Beach provides us with a place to relax when we go to the NJ State Fair, too. We have seen deer, and we have returned for the past 4 summers. We camped at The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground) in a Travel Trailer.

lbattista0032

My family had one site our friends camped next to us with their family for the weekend. I was impressed by the scenic view of the campground. The camp office employee who checked us in was not friendly at all. We got to our site and had a great night. The next day we went to the lake and pool. Again the employee in the front office was rude. The campground like all others required your pets to be on a leash but two golden retrievers roamed freely alone through the pool and lake area. (I assume the owners)(NJ does have a leash law) Although I thought the campground itself was okay the bathrooms and showers were frightening. They were disgusting. The campground should be ashamed. One shower in each of three bathrooms. You had to pull a string to keep the scalding hot water on. My three year old was screaming as I attempted to try and bath her while holding her to keep her from touching anything. I would like to say I would go back but I have to say that because of the unfriendly service and the bathrooms I will not. We camped at The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground) in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with The Great Divide Campground (formerly Green Valley Beach Campground)?