Ocean View Resort Campground

• Beach Beach yes
  • Golf Golf yes
  • Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Ocean View Resort Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $75.00

Huge place! Campsite was long, but not wide. We were between seasonals with solid structures and large decks. It was pretty claustrophobic. Most of the place is seasonals who have been here years and know each other. Everyone was friendly enough but it had a mobile home park feel of the place. The road to the site is very narrow and winding. Very difficult to maneuver in a motorhome. The "lake" consists of an area that was dug out and filled with water. They did have a lot of sand for the kids to enjoy. Large camp store and lots of activities for the kids. Will go somewhere else next time. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $79.00

The overall appearance of the park was very clean, cannot comment on restrooms or laundry as we did not use any facilities. We camped here knowing we would spend a great deal of our time at the shore towns so we brought our jetskis along with us. We did not engage in any of the planned activities or use the pools or lakes. There was ample parking in the overflow lot for our trailer and second vehicle. My only complaint about the place is the lack of a designated area to hose down boats/jetskis like many of the other campgrounds we visited this year. When asking the woman at the front gate where I could flush skis she told me to do it at my site. While parking my skis in the overflow lot I was approached by one of the staff members asking if I was the guy flushing my ski, he continued that he had someone complaining about flushing ski (my guess is one of the snobby nearby seasonals) at my site. I explained to him that I was instructed to flush skis at my site from a staff member at front gate due to the lack of designated area, he quickly replied that flushing or cleaning anything is strictly prohibited. Needless to say, if we plan on bringing our boat or jetskis on our next trip to the area we will not visit this campground again.. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $80.00

Roads going in are tight, but doable. LARGE campground that doesn't allow golf carts, so bring bikes or scooters for the kids. This is my kids' fave so far. They love the lake and we do also. The beach provides sun and sand without the worry of them being swept away by big waves. Nice activities for the kids. Pool and water area is catered to the smaller kids. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $75.00

This is a tough rating for me. The park is a weird combination of RV/campsites and private park models/trailers owned by "seasonals." Looking at their facility map online gives the appearance of about 1200 RV/campsites, but easily 800-900 of these have a park model or converted trailer on it. The result is a "resort" that has the feel of a huge mobile home park. These privately owned units range from very nice, to cute, to eclectic, to downright dumpy. The place could really stand some appearance standards and/or enforcement. That being said, this really is a decent "campground," all in all. Others have reviewed the recreational facilities, entertainment programs and staff, and I agree with their positive reviews. The wifi is also the best I've come across at any facility anywhere. Our sand/dirt pull-thru site was large, level and in a quiet area in the back of the park, although surrounded by some fairly trashy units. Overall a nice stay for us but I personally don't really care for the mobile home park feel of the place. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

G47
Dirt, Sand

Featured Campgrounds Near Ocean View Resort Campground

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $76.00

At first we were overwhelmed by the size of this campground --- it's HUGE! Being used to smaller, more rustic campgrounds, we felt like we were in a colossal city since most of the sites are seasonals in big park models! But we went for walks (wished we had brought our bikes for the nice paved roads) and got familiar with the lay of the land. We also toured via the awesome tram car ride. We were in awe of the amazing amenities -- the tremendous beach/lake, the huge pool with small water park for kiddies, the mini golf, the food available via a snack bar by the lake and a little restaurant by the pool. There are THREE laundry mats -- not rinky dink laundry rooms we're used to. The multiple bathrooms and showers (pay for showers though) were immaculate and brand new. The store is GIGANTIC and chock full of anything you might need. We actually bought 2 beach chairs and an umbrella. Oh, and the beach is soooooooooo close! We've never had such a quick, easy ride to the beach before! We really loved this resort/campground. I can't wait to return with my 6 year old grandson. If you have children -- this is the place for you for sure! We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

T190

We shopped for groceries at the Acme close by. There was also a Family Discount in that plaza, and across the street was a CVS. There is a Wawa nearby as well.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $98.00

Great place for a family. Huge pool, big splash pad water play area for pre-swimmers. Campsite is level with lots of shade. Friendly staff. Big store, arcade, fishing pond, and more. Well maintained. You see the maintenance truck all over the place each day. Even has a tram for moving folks to the pool, store, lake, and cafe. Power was clean with Convenient hookups. All this and a short haul to the beach. Great place. No complaints (which is RARE). We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

E18

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $54.00

Our first time staying at Oceanview... all I can say... WOW! We ended up staying here very last minute with friends, and the person who took my reservation was extremely helpful, and answered every question. With that said, every staff member was beyond friendly and helpful. We originally planned on staying by the lake, but, due to the rain we had all weekend, those sites were pretty muddy. We ended up being move to a pull through, that was 100 % level (that was a first!), and covered in stone. It honestly had to be the largest site I've ever seen. We have a 32 foot motorhome, and could easily fit 3 more on this site! This place is huge, and has a giant store, with a RV parts store right on the property. Very secure campground, with MANY seasonal campers, who were all very friendly. We cannot wait to return to Oceanview Resort! We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

E15

No Others In Sight

Quick access to Sea Isle City and Ocean City NJ.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $45.00

Nice folks run this park. We stayed here for a week in late September and there were only a few folks here. It was quiet and peaceful. Lots of trees and some maneuvering difficulty for our large fifth wheel but we got in and out of the park without incident. WiFi didn't work at our site. Laundry room was large with many washers and dryers. We enjoyed our stay and would return if in the area again. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Visit Sea Isle City! It's a nice little town that doesn't feel touristy. Have a burger at City Burger!

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $95.00

One of my favorite places to stay. Great place, love the beach. 2 mile drive to the closest beach and a lake has a beach that you can walk to in the evening. There are trees along the sites which can make it tricky for parking but the sites are very nice. Great water park. The choo choo train is always a favorite. I love the lights that seasonals have throughout the park. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

T33

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

The Cape May Zoo is close and free, always a favorite.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $49.00

We recently stayed at Oceanview for a 2 night stay during the week. It was nice and quiet and all but empty. It was the week before Memorial Day weekend so some of the amenities weren't open but we enjoyed ourselves and weren't bothered one time by anyone. Some of the roads are extremely tight depending on the size of your rig. We have a 40' Raptor so we know to book accordingly. The site we stayed at was directly across from the lake and was as level as they come, I didn't even need the leveling blocks. The only catch was the sewer inlet was higher than my RV so it took some creative thinking to empty the tanks. We ended up leaving with our black tank not emptied and dumped on the way home. But I'd definitely stay again and again. We paid $49 a night which is great for a few minutes from the beach in my opinion. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $50.00

The campground is huge, probably a mile from one end to the other. Majority are seasonal residents in park models and converted trailers. Very few sites suitable for big rigs. Very forested. A few sites had gravel but most, including ours, were native dirt/sand. Very messy. No satellite reception. Cable was good. Utilities were good. Can't recall about the WiFi. Restrooms were plentiful and very nice. Staff was friendly but not very knowledgeable. Laundry was nice but seemed expensive at $2.50 a load but must say we rarely use laundries so not sure. Lots for the kids with lake, huge pool, cafe and fishing ponds. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

E27
Dirt, Sand

Cape May worth the drive.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $71.00

Ocean View is a top notch campground. It is huge. Everything is super clean. The restrooms and showers are like brand new and super modern. They have a huge swimming lake and a pool. Both very nice. The lake has paddle boats for rent at a very inexpensive price. There are restaurants and snack shacks right on the property, as well as the biggest campground store I've seen. The roads are super tight going through some of the areas. And the sites are somewhat small. But they are level. And the hookups were all fine, and in good shape. The problem with this park for me is that it is predominantly a seasonal resident park. There many park model trailers everywhere. Lots of other trailers with large decks and sun rooms built on. It looks and feels more like a "trailer park" than a campground. But the amenities are top notch, and the activities for adults and children are fantastic. It's just not the atmosphere I am looking for in a campground. But I highly recommend anyone to give it a shot and spend a weekend there. It might be your thing. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $70.00

Simply awesome. I can't think of one thing less then awesome. Bathhouses are the cleanest part of the whole park. Lake, game room, laundry, store, movie night, ice cream, way above par. I can't wait to go back. BTW we stayed for ten days, it felt like two. Ten out of ten. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2013 - $50.00

I might feel totally different about this campground if it was full, but since this was at the end of the season, it was pretty empty. It is woodsy, has large sites, and lots of things to do. It is a short drive to the beach, but it does have a man made lake in case you do not want to drive to the beach. This would be a perfect place to camp with children. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $65.00

It is a large campground. Great for family. Some sites are small. You'll find a little bit for everyone here. Arcade, mini-putt, pool, lake. We had fun. Not the nicest, but ok overall. Shower and toilets needs maintenance. We camped at Ocean View Resort Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Ocean View Resort Campground

Are you affiliated with Ocean View Resort Campground ?