White's City RV Park

Recent Rate: $36 6/2014

JeffK

We arrived without a reservation after watching the bat flight at Carlsbad Cavern. That was our first mistake. You have to go to the Rodeway Inn to check in! Stood in line behind half a dozen people checking in to the motel. Warning signs should have been that the hotel had lost all three reservations of the couples in front of me. Finally served by a very nice, very senior gentlemen who completed my reservation. After nearly an hour wait, he shows me a very poor aerial photo of the campsite, no campground map, and tells me to take #1 or #2! I unhook my toad, drive into the park, and then spent 30 minutes walking up and down with a flashlight trying to find these sites. Then we are joined by the next customer in line, doing the same thing. I sent my wife back in the toad to the motel for clearer instructions, to be told "Pick any empty site!" Myself and the other lost camper spent another 30 minutes walking and driving around in the dark before we found at the end of an obscure hidden road more sites. In desperation we walked these remote sites with a flashlight before we found numbers #1 and #2 written in 1" inch letters on an electrical box!!! Finally 2 hours after registering I managed to pull into site #1. I am wedged between two permanent campers. I am not able to open my slides fully, as others have mentioned. The sites face each other. When I open my door I am three feet away from my neighbours awning. We share a center table, his grill is three feet from my slide! This is the worst campsite I have ever stayed in. The most badly organized, poorly designed and most poorly run. Under no circumstances consider staying here. It is far too stressful, and at $40, it is ridiculously overpriced. If it was free I wouldn't stay here again, if I could give it a minus score I would. Horrible, horrible, horrible! We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

rvreviews

As stated by others, most sites are too narrow for slideouts on both sides. We were lucky to get an end site which was fine. No reservations, so take your chances with a big rig. Closest place to Carlsbad Caverns which is only 7 miles up the road. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

Desert Beacon

We had an early morning ranger-led tour at Carlsbad Caverns, so we needed a site nearby. This one worked for us. No problem with registration; the man at the gift shop was helpful with a suggestion for a good hiking area. The site was narrow with a shared table and shade structure. The combination toilet/shower room, which we did not use, was austere and not inviting. If our unit was not self-contained, I would have to lower the overall rating. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

ob's place

Stayed here passing through the Carlsbad, NM area. Okay for one night. Quiet but real windy when we stayed. We would probably return if ever in the area again. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

User3335

With just a few fixes, this could be a great park. Bathroom showers have no benches or hooks to hang clothes on. The dressing area is about 2 feet by 2 feet shared with the other shower! Freezing cold floors, broken light over bathroom stalls. Yes, other campers left a mess, which is frustrating, like wads of hair in drain, razors on shower floor, not to mention what was in the actual restroom stall. But it does need to be gone through at least twice a day. Otherwise, friendly helpful check in, great location for caverns. Ticket buys you three days to visit so you can return at your leisure. No problem with electrical as mentioned by other camper. Make sure the power is off at post before plugging in your RV, this is true for all parks. Easy pull through gravel sites. Fix the bathrooms and this would be a winner. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The Rig

Registration is in the gift shop and when I entered the gentleman behind the counter did not acknowledge me so I finally asked if this was where I was to register. He said "Register for what". I responded "Camping". He asked what I was camping in and I said a 5th wheel. He then said "That is NOT camping! That is RV'ing and next time DO NOT say camping when you are not camping." I was astonished by his rudeness and should have walked right out! He was downright mean. Beyond that, the park was dirty. The ladies restroom/shower area was filthy and looked like it had not been cleaned in weeks. No paper towels, hair & dirt everywhere. Overflowing trashcans. I would never stay here again even if it is the closest RV park to Carlsbad Caverns. Rate reflects a AAA discount. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Monaire Corporati

We were directed by signs to book in at the store that is the gift shop and Visitors Centre. The gentleman was rude and sullen. Perhaps he wasn't feeling well as he sniffed loudly and disgustingly throughout checking us in. The campground is gravel, sites are cramped and litter is strewn about. The one women's shower/toilet combination room was filthy and the only camp rubbish bin was overflowing. It gets a one for a clean laundry. We would not stay here again and would drive miles out of our way to avoid doing so. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

cherrytree

Pull-through sites are easy to get into although narrow. Full hook ups in decent condition, plus cable and good Wi-Fi. Register in the gift shop below, and if they are closed, register at Rodeway Inn. This park doesn't even have a website. Plenty of sites available right now. Literally footsteps away from Carlsbad Caverns entrance, then a 5 mile drive to the visitors center. You and your neighbor share a covered patio, picnic table, and a charcoal grill. The town of Carlsbad is 20 miles away, so I recommend staying here in Whites City if you are visiting the park. Also the sites on the upper loop have a nice view of Guadalupe mountains. This is an older park, and there many older long term units here, so not the most aesthetically pleasing park. There is nothing to do here at night. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

MrSunshine

I was a bit nervous camping here based on some previous reviews but we wanted to be close to Carlsbad Caverns NP. We were pleasantly surprised overall. The sites were plenty roomy, most sites are pull through, the road is very wide, the utilities were good and the location, right at the entrance to the park, was ideal. There was nothing wrong with this park and I felt the rate (reflecting Good Sam) was a fair value. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Kermitt

Very close to Carlsbad caverns, otherwise not much to do there. Sites are very close to each others, couldn't open my slideout all the way. But for a night, it's good enough. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

thetravelkids

Price is for 30-amp water/electric/sewer pull-through site, fairly level. Wi-Fi and cable TV worked well. Saw large Motor Home with numerous slides in camp, you just need to be careful getting into your site. This is not a destination campground, but a good choice if you are planning on visiting Carlsbad Cavern. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

C185

Just as others have said small sites with a shared covered picnic table and phone poles between. The man who checked us in said we would not be able to open our slides on one side but we wanted to be close to the caverns so we went up for a look. I choose site J2, and it seems like the biggest one, and we did get our slides out with not much room in between. Wi-Fi was spotty, but all in all it met our needs just fine. Stayed one night in. Would do it again to be close to the park. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

mijo

We stayed here on recommendation of friends due to it being close to the caverns. The man doing the check in gave us no information except a site number. We were unable to get into the assigned site and had to go back to change sites. The sites are extremely narrow and require careful planning to get in, miss the roof of the cover on the picnic table, and still have room to open slides. Electric, water, and sewer worked well. Wi-Fi was very weak and sporadic. Price was higher than we have paid for overnight before. We would not stay here again. Next time we'd drive from Carlsbad to the caverns. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Brujomar

Really located in White's City...not Carlsbad. Easy to find as the town is tiny. Good Sam rate. Sites are dated as they are not really designed for the bigger units of today, but we did get our 40' fiver with three slides into a pull through. A bit close to neighbor, but passable. Entry roads are fine. A small cover is over your provided picnic table. Full hook ups with 50 amp. Some trees for shade, but satellite TV worked fine if you park right. AT&T cell was fine. Free wi-fi was acceptable. Just a short drive into Carlsbad Caverns NP. Cute store/gift shop, post office and other amenities at entrance/check in. There is a restaurant across street. Gas station appeared to be closed. I suggest filling up in Carlsbad. Pretty sunsets. Minor leveling on asphalt pads, gravel and thatch everywhere else. I would return. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

nanlydu

We were concerned after reading other reviews, but took a chance given it's so close to the Caverns. Though the park is far from luxurious, the sites are level, have fairly new covered picnic tables and decent hook ups. The bathrooms, well, some effort is being made. Women have two shower stalls, but only a curtain. There is no locking door and no place for clothing or shower tote. Also, almost unbearably hot because there is no exhaust fan. Men have the gym class arrangement. It is certainly unique, but my husband shrugged it off. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Carlsbad KOA

Windmill RV Park

Fort Stockton RV Park

Fort Stockton, Texas

Are you affiliated with White's City RV Park?