Blue Spruce RV Park

Recent Rate: $19 4/2016

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Family Friendly Family Friendly no

camp4evr

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $19.00

Great park for overnight. Easy on and off interstate. Sites close together but cable, and wifi works good. Did not use facilities. For the price this is great for an overnight stay. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Living Our Dash

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $20.00

Location made for an easy on/off on the expressway. Amenities all worked well, including electric, water, cable, and WiFi. The campsites were incredibly close and the night manager on duty while we were there parked a 5th wheel towing a 4-wheeler about 5 feet in front of our doorway. Even though they were gone pretty early in the morning, I found it fairly rude considering there were two more spots open that were 20 ft further away from us. I also had to wait over an hour to pay our bill in the morning because the manager had run to the post office. This campground might be good for a one night stop over, which is what we were looking for, but I couldn't see myself coming back. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Jolly Out There

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $19.00

Nothing fancy - no amenities - some weeds growing around property - but the price is right at $19 and for the money, it was a great three days! Office staff was nice. Train 0.5 miles away that you can hear a couple of times in the night, but it wasn't bad - hey, goods need to be transported, right? Easy in and out with long, level pull-thru sites. Great proximity to lots of national park units/properties and other Southwestern cultural sites; regional NPS Visitor Center just one exit away. Only one toilet/shower for each men/women + one handicap-accessible, but this is a small park so there was no waiting, and the shower was one of the best I've had in a long, long time! 2 w/d in a dated all-purpose room; fit for purpose but not the best. But again, for the money.... 40+ channels via cable. Their WiFi okay, but our Verizon hot spot worked great. We would stay here again. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Motorhome.

Grants is a used-to-be town, but still, there's a nice mining museum, and it's on Route 66, so it's nostalgic. Walmart is 4 miles east & typical fast-food chains are within a mile (McD's, DQ, KFC, Subway)... not a lot more nearby, but still, Grants is a great stopover place for a night or two or three.

cdouglas

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $19.00

I arrived after hours. Signs stated full-hookup sites are $19.; after hours, pick an open site. All full-hookup sites were full. I selected a site with only electric and water. After I leveled, an employee came by and informed me that 50 amps would cost $2 extra. I did not need 50 amps so I plugged into 30 amps. My surge protecter tripped and indicated that 30 amp service had an open ground. The employee advised me the equipment was old and probably had a loose connection. He advised me to use the 50 amp service or move to another site. I plugged into the 50 amp receptacle and flipped the switch. The switch broke in my hand, cut my finger, and exposed the interior metal parts of the circuit breaker. Only one circuit of the 50 amp breaker worked. The employee advised that he would have the breaker repaired in the morning. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Motorhome.

I would advise RVers to test electrical circuits before picking and setting up in a site.

Judy0725

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $19.00

We stopped here over night. Not a fancy park and 1st look you might think about going somewhere else. The internet worked so well and cable hookup provided many good tv stations. You are very close to your neighbors. This is a great park for one day to a week, not meant for long term if you like space. Train did not wake us. We will stay here again. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

kevinsbride

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $18.00

Pulled in after a long drive, this small park is right off I40. Quit a few permanent residence, very friendly though. Heard the trains "which I love". Great if you're just needing to rest for the night. Spots were tight with trees. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Motorhome.

elizabeth123

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $20.00

This is a no frills type park, which are the ones we like. the sites were level and easy to hook up. the owners were friendly and we liked our stay. we will stay here again if in this area. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Gloria S.

Date of Stay: April, 2015 - $17.00

Not a park we would stay in again, sites very close, gravel, no shade. We were given site #1 and had to move cause we could not get around the scrub brush they called a 150 year old tree. Right near I-40 so you hear traffic all night and there is a train track so guess what, trains all night too! We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Doggie Mom

Date of Stay: January, 2015 - $17.00

Pulled in here after a snowstorm got so bad I couldn't see the freeway anymore. This is a small mom & pop place. It was interesting, as the sites weren't really in a "park", but sort of along the side of the frontage road. I ended up getting snowed in and spending two nights here. Wifi was strong. The park is very quiet, and overall, a nice place to stay. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Motorhome.

Legends Of America

Date of Stay: January, 2015 - $21.00

This is one of two RV Parks near each other that are owned by the same person(s). Felt like an old-fashioned atmosphere in the office, which included a small lounge area by Laundry facilities for couch sitting and watching TV. Level spaces and close to Route 66. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Sharjeep

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $22.00

Staff very friendly and helpful. Sites are narrow but enough room for slideouts. No picnic tables or room around your rig. Perfect for a quick overnight and would stay again. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Motorhome.

Jim22

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $19.00

Other reviewers' positive comments apply; I'm just adding my own. I have been there twice, and will come again. Road noise: Didn't bother me, and I'm fairly sensitive. There was an occasional car or motorcycle with a loud exhaust on the side road. Restrooms and shower: Single men and woman's facilities. Wife says women's is set up for handicapped people. Both are clean and neat. Wi-Fi: Both visits, I received something, but could not connect. If it is important, I suggest bringing in a laptop when registering and checking. Signal could not be received at the east end with the laptop alone in my aluminum-sided trailer, but was OK when using my Alfa 1000mW Wireless USB Network Adapter. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

agesilaus

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $17.00

Small park right off exit 81 (I-40). They have pull thru sites. WIFI fairly good and strong. Friendly owners. We spent 2 nights here. If you are sensitive to noise the park is right off I-40 and the railroad is on the other side of the Interstate. KOA is right across the road so noise level the same there. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

agesilaus

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $19.00

Nice little park with trees. Wifi worked. The owner was very nice. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

We stayed here to try to do some Rockhounding. But the area we wanted to visit was swallowed up by the Feds in a park take-over. Very nice mining museum in the town it actually has a mine section in it that you can go thru.

BethnBubba

Date of Stay: May, 2014 - $18.00

We chose the park because of friendly prior reviews. The front desk couple were terrific! That always makes for a better review. The park is old and squished together. Our 40' rig fit in with the toad attached. WiFi was good, but intermittent. Nice reasonable laundry. Easy in and out. The price can't be beat. We paid $1 extra per night for 50 amp. We'd stay here again. We camped at Blue Spruce RV Park in a Motorhome.

American RV Park

Albuquerque, New Mexico

Lavaland RV Park

Grants, New Mexico

Are you affiliated with Blue Spruce RV Park?