8 Good

Grants, New Mexico

26 Cibola Sands Loop
Grants, New Mexico 87020

• Group Kitchen Group Kitchen yes

Ask fellow campers about "Grants / Cibola Sands KOA" and nearby attractions.

Kaz

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $43.00

I have to echo what others have said. True, this is just a KOA "Journey" and most people who stop here will only spend a night. But, for that purpose, it's hard to imagine a better stopover. The staff is as attentive as I've ever seen, the sites are long and sensibly utilized, the facilities are clean and well-maintained, access is easy, WiFi is excellent (6+Mbps at peak hour), and so on. As just one example of owners who go the extra mile, it was a total delight to wander along the gravel walking path out through the lava fields with signs every so often explaining the local geology and history. I see that others suggest that there are local sights worth a visit so next time I'm traversing along I-40, I'm added this stop for a couple days. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $47.00

After two months on the road coast to coast and many interactions with various RV park staff, I have to say our check in with the owner was the best ever. The park is in hot dry New Mexico so there's not much to look at, but the owner's enthusiasm, efficiency and caring for her campers well being was awesome! It really set the tone for enjoying this park even though it was just a pass thru journey KOA. This owner should teach customer service classes at KOA school. Or at least get a special recognition from KOA as journey owners. It is amazing what a persons attitude can do! So now I'll take off my rose colored glasses of enthusiasm and say, yes, This KOA is pretty basic. No pool, showers small but very clean! (How about take out the vanity and enlarge the two shower stalls?) Sites gravel and level. We had a small tree. Old wooden picnic table, but painted and very usable. I appreciate that she places everyone sites apart spread all over the park rather than clump all of us in one area. Those are the little things that tell me she is thinking about our experience. She personally comes by and makes sure everything is working and OK. I like that there is staff on site 24/7. If ever full, the sites would be typical KOA close. WiFi was exceptional. Cable TV lots of channels. Complimentary continental breakfast and she'll make dinner for a small price and even deliver. Good pies with dinner. Train whistle if you're sitting outside. No highway noise. Stop there just to get to read the "best KOA rules." They are the best! Very creative and entertaining. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $36.00

The sites were level gravel. No grass, a few trees. The staff was very friendly and attentive. They now serve cafe-style food, burgers and such, and will deliver it to your site, if you wish. They also have a small store with some groceries, gifts and rv necessities. The women's bathroom was really nice. Tile floor, wall paneling that kinda looks like marble (but isn't, of course) and a window with lace curtains and flowers. We downgraded the cleanliness rating because my husband told me the men's bathroom needs a serious face-lift. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $42.00

I am giving this KOA a ten for overnight stops. It is just off the highway and very easy to find. The sites are easy to get into and are a little narrow but really long (we had no problem with leaving our truck hooked up. Some sites have matured trees (something hard to find in NM). All utilities and very good and WiFi is great in entire park even when full. Bathrooms are old but clean. Showers are SMALL, fiberglass stalls but the pressure is good with a TON of hot water and they are clean. Everyone here from office personal to maintenance are supper nice. All utilities and very good, and WiFi is great in entire park even when full They have meals available, delivered directly to your site from 5 to 7. They are a bit pricey but after a long day of diving are worth it. The park is quite at night, no highway noise, but a train does pass near (try to find a campground in NM where it doesn't). Small playground, no pool.The dog run is fenced, gravel and well maintained (no mud). They have a basic, free continental breakfast in the morning. A well maintained walking path through the rejoining lava field is nice. We won't stay anywhere else when passing through Grants. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Grants / Cibola Sands KOA

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $39.00

This is a smaller KOA with 36 pull through FHU sites, about half of which are 30 amp and the remainder are 50 amp. They also have a few back-in W/E sites, tent sites and camping cabins. All sites have a picnic table and 24 cable channels included in the price. Interior roads and sites are all gravel (and very dusty when the winds are blowing) but are easy to navigate for a big rig. We stayed in site 8, which was a level double site with a tree in the middle. The tree would have prevented us from putting out our awning, but with the winds we couldn't put it out even if we wanted to. Sites are long, but very close together. There weren't many rigs there during the day but at night it filled up quickly. The KOA is about a mile from the highway and easy to find which makes it a very convenient stop when traveling through. They also offer homecooked meals which is a nice touch. We had the roast turkey dinner which was good, but $13.50 per plate (not including tax) was a bit pricey in my opinion. The staff here are probably the friendliest folks around and are very helpful and informative. The bathroom/shower area consisted of three toilets and two showers which were clean, but very small. There is also a laundry area and they offer Wifi but we didn't use either. No pool, but they do have a small playground for the kids. Verizon service was very good. The KOA also has a campground store as well as a free basic continental breakfast daily which was appreciated. There was noise from a nearby train, but it didn't bother us. We would stay here again. The nightly rate reflects KOA Value card discount and additional $25 in KOA points used. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

The town of Grants is just on the other side of the highway with fast food places, gas/diesel and other necessities. Walmart is 3-4 miles away. Didn't get to see the sights due to the high winds.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $36.00

Because we were staying for a week, we were given one of the 2 double sites in the campground which was appreciated. Having that extra room made us feel less crowded than many other places we have stayed. Hook ups were good and the sites were level. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Motorhome.

The walking trail loop behind the park is a nice introduction to the area with signs telling about some of the different landmarks. We stayed here to visit the Very Large Array but because of the road layouts it was 2 1/2 hours one way. Worthwhile trip but if planning again, I would probably use a different city for a base. The drive through El Malpais to get there was enjoyable however. El Morro was a good place to spend some time.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $45.00

We stayed here to visit a number of the attractions in the area. The park was clean and organized, staff helpful and friendly. No pool or other amenities but a very nice park in the Grants area. Walking trail for the dog. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Visit the Mining Museum in town. El Malpais Nat'l Park was OK, ranger talk was not very good. El Morro Nat'l Park is amazing, do not miss this one. El Calder0n hiking to the volcano was a nice leg stretch. OK to take dogs on most hikes.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $45.00

Wide open park - all gravel. Long level pull-thru sites. All utilities worked well (water pressure, electric stable, sewer connection easy to use). They offered free continental breakfast. There is a walking path through some of the lava flow rocks that was enjoyable. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

JDR

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $40.00

The roads and sites are all gravel, the sites are defined. The roads are good and easy for big rigs. The site length is good. There are some trees. It is easy on and off the I-40. The staff is very friendly and helpful.The one nice extra the park had a food service and will deliver to your RV. They have a menu and you can call in your order. The food is good and they also have pie available for dessert, the price is very reasonable. It is a nice option when coming in after a day on the road. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $45.00

We arrived after 8PM so it was pitch black outside. The owners live onsite and were watching for us. We were led to our site and helped to get set up. Very accommodating. Easy on/off I-40. This was just an overnight for us so didn't experience any of the amenities. We had a wonderful view of the mountains in the morning. Typical of New Mexico, the area was quite dusty. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Motorhome.

This was just an overnight, in late, out fairly early.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $35.00

This campground does not disappoint. Easy access for even the largest rig. Nice long gravel pull throughs. We didn't have to disconnect our 40' fifthwheel. The owners make you feel right at home and even come check to make sure you get set up alright. We don't use cable when we are in for an overnight, so I can't speak for that, but the WiFi does work very well. Whether you are staying just overnight or staying to explore the area, this is the campground you want to be in! We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $45.00

Once again (see my 10/16 review for a better description of the park), this park fit our trip schedule. We had a FHU, pull through site with cable TV and OK Wi-Fi. A KOA without a pool is unusual. The lava field walk is always interesting The bathrooms were clean, but I still do not see any recycling. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

Take advantage of the evening meal delivered to your rig and it was still warm. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

first row

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $50.00

We loved this RV Park. Nothing fancy, but clean and friendly. We only stayed one night, but will return for three additional nights on the way home to see the local sights. The best thing is, they cook dinner each night and deliver it to your site. Can't beat that after a long road trip. Full turkey dinner and homemade pie and ice cream the night we were there, but other choices. No highway noise and easy in and out. Staff was very friendly. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

We only stayed overnight, but we are coming back to see some sights. Would recommend this park. Nice for an overnight on the road to or from Albuquerque.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $45.00

For an overnight campground I have to give this one a really high rating. Easy checkin, super friendly and funny people...read their rules..they are a hoot. Easy to navigate with a big rig, nice wide sites. They have ROOM SERVICE for RVs...inexpensive and good. We had the barbecue plate and the turkey dinner brought to our door. Very nice. I LOVE their walking trail loop that meanders out thru the desert and volcanic walk, very good place for dog walking. Site was dead level. We camped at Grants / Cibola Sands KOA in a Motorhome.

Get your dinner delivered...what a treat!

Featured Campgrounds Near Grants / Cibola Sands KOA

Are you affiliated with Grants / Cibola Sands KOA ?