Vegas Storage & RV Campground

Las Vegas, New Mexico 87701

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Electric (50 AMP) Electric (50 AMP) no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Vegas Storage & RV Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $25.00

I had to laugh when I read on this park's web site, "Our beautiful RV campground facility is located in Las Vegas, NM and has gorgeous scenery so you can enjoy your hikes! Our campground is safe and we offer the convenience of RV and camper full service hook-ups for overnight or even longer stays. You'll be more than satisfied with our courteous customer service, our amenities and the safety of our campground." This is not a beautiful RV park. Customer service was almost non-existent, no hiking paths, no amenities, and no gorgeous scenery. There are a number of run down RVs with occupants that made one feel unsafe. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $1.00

I didn't actually stay overnite at this RV park, but utilized them for a mechanical emergency which happened on the road, about an hour north of Las Vegas, NM. Limping into the RV park hauling my 5th wheel, they were completely booked, but were kind enough to let me unhook and take just the truck to a nearby mechanic for what turned out to be a quick fix. Not knowing what that 'emergency' might entail, the owner was friendly enough to say "let's see what you need", meaning as I took it, that he would arrange for something for me, in the worst case scenario. This RV park is pretty bare bones, but with mostly pull-thru spots and long term storage along the edges. They have their own restrooms and showers, and while I did not enter the women's, the men's was clean if not like something newly built. I really can't say enough good about the friendly, helpful attitude of the owner. He directed me to the best mechanic available, steering me away from one he thought would overcharge me, and after two hours parked on his property, wished me well and sent me on my way with no further charge. I'd stay here (again?), when I find myself again in the area, 550 miles from home. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Near LT storage

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $25.00

City RV park with a lot of road noise. Sits on a very busy highway and it can be a little difficult get out of during the day. All the utilities worked okay, but sites are close together. It rained while we were there and it did get muddy. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

A2

Poor Conditions

Close to shopping and restaurants. Head north and west on SR-518 for a nice scenic drive that goes all the way to Taos, NM. This is a good day trip. Also not far from Storrie Lake State Park.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $25.00

Fine for an overnight stop. The campground needs a lot of TLC. There were weeds everywhere, cigarette butts littered the site, beer caps, etc. They were all pull thru, full hook up sites. Located right in town and across from Walmart , so easy access to shopping. I guess for $25 I would stay again. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Vegas Storage & RV Campground

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $25.00

We stayed in a 26' cargo trailer. Pull-through sites. Monthly rate was $385. The managers are very nice. The wi-fi was a quite slow, but they said they were working on getting a signal booster. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $25.00

This park is quite adequate for a short stay. It's not attractive, but price is right and it's conveniently located to just about anything you could want (walk to Walmart). Good Wi-Fi most of the time and good cable. No laundry. Bathrooms and showers were immaculate. The sites were a bit short but very level. 30 amp only and the water pressure was a little low. The park employees were very nice. The owner lives on-site. Don't follow Mapquest directions to the park. Get off I-25 on exit 347 and go west to Legion Dr. (Comfort Inn on left, hospital on right). Right on Legion, right on 7th and then right on Harris into the park. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: February, 2014 - $20.00

Great overnight location. A little difficult to find. Would recommend using a nav device. Very nice restrooms and showers. Nothing real fancy to the place as it is also a storage lot, but nonetheless comfy. Visited in February, so had pick of the sites. Late night check in was not a problem. Just use night drop. Stayed here twice in 3 weeks as we were going south and then returning home. Will definitely stay here again. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $25.00

We found this park to be very nice. The lady in the office and owners of this park were extremely nice and helpful. It's close to town where you can enjoy the local sites and taste all the old town Las Vegas traditions. I highly recommend this park. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $25.00

Operated by a self-storage business, this small campground is bare-bones. Dirt and gravel, grass and weeds, no amenities other than cable TV. There is no Internet at all. The place is OK for an overnight when traveling through on I-25, but I wouldn't vacation here. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $25.00

The lady in the office was terrific! Nice, informative, delightful. That was the best part of the park. Well, other than a decent price. And our site was fairly long, level and pull-through. The area between sites is nothing but mowed weeds. The roads are dirt/gravel. Sites are bordered by huge iron posts in the ground - watch out! Most sites are rented by the month, but not trashy. We took the wrong choice on our way out and draged under a huge willow tree as we made the corner (take the outside road next time...) It is close to Wal-Mart, fairly close to the cool old downtown (but the prices at El Rialto were way too high for mediocre food!) and convenient to the freeway. Would we stay there again? - probably not. It was too much like a seedy mobile home park. We'll try the State Park next time - and we really do want to come back and explore Las Vegas. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $35.00

The ladies who ran the camp were delightful and guided me to my site. There was a nice dog park along with a fair sized swimming pool. We opted to have the cook fix us dinner the night we stayed and it was delicious. There was a menu to choose from and you could also join an ice cream social. They had a large selection of movies you could borrow as well and a small gift shop. We camped in a motorhome and would definitely stay there again. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2008 - $16.00

$22. a night, $110. a week, $350. a month. We stayed 8 nights. Gravel interior roads and sites. Sites are all pull throughs, 50 to 55 feet long. Plenty of room between sites. The interior roads by the office and owner's house really aren't made for "Big Rigs". Are a little tight. Is located along Highway 518 so there is road noise. Wal-Mart is a block away. If you come off of I-25 and onto Legion St., watch out for the unmarked speed bumps in front of the school. We camped at Vegas Storage & RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Vegas Storage & RV Campground

Are you affiliated with Vegas Storage & RV Campground ?