Red Barn RV Park

Roswell, New Mexico

Roswell, New Mexico

Ask fellow campers about "Red Barn RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $27.00

Small campground but easy to get to (about 2 miles east of Roswell). The sites are easy to get into. The owner was very nice and gave us a great recommendation for lunch. The only downside was the constant traffic. We are not sure where all of the cars were coming from as there was no close town east of Roswell. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $27.00

I admit I was a bit nervous about this place when I had to ring a doorbell button to get the manager to check me in during my mid-afternoon arrival but my fears were unfounded. The owner came and checked me in and took the time to go over the local attractions, places to fuel up and places to eat. She then helped guide me into my back-in site. Site 6 is long and level with shade trees on the west side and is a nice corner site. I had a problem trying to get cable tv but the manager brought out a cable box ($20 deposit) which worked well. The wifi Internet is outstanding. I ran a speed test on a Saturday morning with the park being full and it measured 23 Mbps. My wife didn't care for all the flies but this park is located in the midst of farmland after all. Overall a very nice park for what is basically a small mom and pop operation. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $27.00

Very nice small RV park. Owner super friendly. Very clean and well kept. The big downside is the circuit breaker tripped 6 times with our small 22 ft RV at random times and there was a crazy amount of flies preventing us from grilling outside. Even entering our RV resulted in several flies entering our RV. I have never experienced such an intense fly problem including my time in very tropical regions in Asia. The owner was empathetic to our trip breaker issue and immediately fixed it. The flies are an issue in Roswell I am afraid. They were infested also across town including inside the local Walmart. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Bring bug zapper for the fly apocalypse.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $28.00

What a find! This is a small, family run RV Park that is the best in the area. The owners are SO helpful and take great pride in their business. The amenities are apropos for the size of the park (small laundry, clean restroom/shower facilities) and there have an honor system for snacks, drinks, etc. we would definitely stay here again, thank you!! We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Ask the owners for recommendations. Have so much knowledge and will tailor her input to your needs.

Featured Campgrounds Near Red Barn RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $30.00

Small park with about 20 or so sites. Easy access off Hwy. 380. We stayed here with a 33' travel trailer. Back in site was more than big enough for rv and truck without unhoooking. Very friendly helpful people. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $15.00

I actually lived at the Red Barn for three years. The place is clean, quiet, and carefully managed. I couldn't have been happier. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $30.00

Small but well run park. Small but clean laundry room and pleasant club room. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Great location for visiting Roswell. Roswell has many art galleries and museums that are very well done! We had planned to stay two days and ended up staying a week and still didn't see it all!

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $27.00

We spent one night at this park in mid September en route to Colorado. We used one of the two pull through spots in the park. This is a small RV park, but it was fine for one night. We did use the laundry which is open 24 hours. They do have a lending library for books and DVD's which was nice. Also, an honor system for paying for the ice, sodas, etc. The park is located on the outskirts of town so you would probably have to unhook your toad to explore Roswell. The owner was very nice. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

This park is located on the outskirts of town. We did not unhook toad so not sure of restaurants nearby.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $50.00

Once you see the other parks available to you then you'll understand why Red Barn is head and shoulders above them all anyway but this is just a nice little place in general. The place is a little cramped (I've seen MUCH worse) but it's super duper clean and the owner is a doll. We had called ahead to ask about leaving our fiver someplace while we went into town for the day and they said we could leave it out front - in the end she said "just leave it in your spot, I'll tell anyone wanting that spot that they have to wait until 3pm". Who does that? Nobody does. This place DESERVES your business, do yourself a favor and stay here! We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

If you go to Roswell for the alien history then you may be disappointed, it's grown up into a "normal" city of 50,000 people now so it's no longer the cute little town it used to be and the whole alien culture has all but been wiped out. There are only a few little places left that celebrate Roswell's 1947 history. I was really sad to see that happen but the town, by itself, is a nice little place.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $26.00

The rate reflects a week stay. We originally booked a pull through however worried that the trees would prevent satellite reception so switched to a back in. While the park is small it is easy to get in and out of. The owner is very helpful and we liked having some treats available with the honor system. The dog walk area is through a dirt field and on a dirt road that is adjacent to the RV park and within a farm. After the first day we found a really nice park 2.5 miles away, right across from the zoo with paved paths that we used twice a day for good dog walks. The best thing about this park is the WiFi! We used it all week with no problems and it's fast! If in the area we would stay here again. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Loveless Park across from the Spring River Zoo is great for walking your dog! Chef Toddzilla Mobile Cuisine is worth going to for a juicy yummy burger!

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $30.00

This is a very small park next to farmland. Dairy farmland. Note that means you will be smelling dairy farms and it will make you greatful for the huge winds that sometimes roll through. The smell is potent when it's not windy. However, I will say that as parks go, this is a nice little park. Very well-kept, very nice manager (owner? I'm not sure. She was really nice and helpful.) Spots are close together but for a few nights to see the UFO Museum, it's doable. This is one of the only RV parks with trees, and the ownder planted them all herself - she really cares about the place and loves it, and you can tell. They were redoing the bathrooms when we were there, but they were still usable and clean. There is a little laundry on site and a DVD lending library with some good movies you haven't seen in awhile. There's even a little store and I was so grateful for that water while my husband was hooking everything up, because the desert makes you so thirsty! Very reasonable prices too. If I am ever in Roswell again, this is the RV park I'd choose. Oh, and the space might look tight, but she has two spaces that have gates on the other side, so when you pull in, she opens the gate when you leave. It was slow but we got our 40' RV and a tow vehicle in there, so don't think you can't fit just because it looks tight. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Obviously go to the UFO Museum. Why else are you in Roswell?

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $25.00

Stayed at Red Barn RV for 2 nights in mid-March. Owners are helpful and friendly, with many suggestions of places to see and things to do. We contacted the park in November 2016 to make a reservation for March 2017. We were promised a site, but there was no advance deposit and no reservation confirmation. Just to be sure, we called a week ahead of our stay dates and were told we had a site. Our site was very very close to neighbors on both sides (both were long-term renters). There are picnic tables at each site, but if we had used ours we would have been within only a couple of feet of our neighbor - not comfortable. The park is very small (14 spaces) and it seemed the majority were being rented long-term. The park is easy to find, right off a road a bit out of town, and is adjacent to farmland so is relative quiet. It is convenient to town and has a tranquil feel. We did not use the common areas. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

UFO Museum is a must-see. Cowboy Cafe good for breakfast Big D's Downtown Dive good for lunch

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $29.00

Great owner service and advice. Big clean site with grass and view of an alfalfa field. Snacks and drinks on sale on the honor system. Easy in and out. Will stay here again. No pool but the owner put us in with the New Mexico Military School's multi million dollar pool with 12' dive (which I did not use). We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Site 11

No Others In Sight

Cowboy Cafe just down the road rated #1. Their other recommendation was #3 in town.

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $27.00

Small quaint campground with terrific hosts. Sites are a bit crowded but we lucked out with #11 on the end and lots of room for us. It backs up to a large field and is on a road in the front but not much noise. Showers are clean and lots of hot water. Great Wi-Fi and cable TV is good as well. You have to leave a $20 deposit for the box but you get it back. If in the area we would stay here again in a heartbeat. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $27.00

Nice little privately owned campground with a home-like feeling close to Roswell's tourists sites. Rate was 50+ discount of 10% for 50 Amp back-in full-service site. Only 15 sites in this campground and only about five appeared to be for drop-in / reservations camping and others were long-term campers. Host provided us tips on area sites and dining recommendations. Close proximity to highway however not too loud to be considered annoying. Cable box required to use cable, we had over a dozen over-the-air channels with HD antenna. We would return here without hesitation. We camped at Red Barn RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Los Cerritos Mexican Kitchen restaurant had great affordable mexican food. All City of Roswell museums have no entry fee.

Featured Campgrounds Near Red Barn RV Park

Are you affiliated with Red Barn RV Park ?