Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground

Santa Fe, New Mexico

736 Old Las Vegas Hwy
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505

Ask fellow campers about "Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $35.00

Downtown Santa Fe and the Plaza about 7 miles away. The nature trail in this campground is unique. About 3/4 mile one way through natural terrain. Facilities are dated but clean and well maintained. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Motorhome.

JBL

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

My error in choosing. I had been hoping to be closer to Old Town and do some sight-seeing; the park is much further out of town than I expected. (30 min. round trip for gas). Was hoping for a great Mexican dinner; no restaurants in sight. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

As my kids would have said in the 90's....."we're out in BFE!!!" Which is fine unless you have other expectations. A fine place to visit for a nite.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $27.00

Our site was not very level, took some adjusting to get the RV level. Enjoyed being in the cedar trees. The owners/managers were friendly and helpful, we enjoyed our time at the park and would stay again. Nice "leg stretch" trail for hiking around the park. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $41.00

Stayed nights 3 nites Park was well maintained and clean. My pull through was a little tight but ok for my stay My site was level & gravel. A nice hiking trail in the back can walk your dogs also a nice dog run Easy in and out of park and close to Santa Fe We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Santa Fe old town was very nice

Featured Campgrounds Near Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $39.00

What a unique park. All the spots are surrounded by trees and gave you privacy. It is hilly but after I followed directions had a level pad. A wonderful path around the park for me to walk my dogs after a long day in the motor home. Easy drive off the interstate. I will stay again. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $47.00

Pull thru was on hillside. Dusty. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Harry's Roadhouse nearby , blue corn cheese enchiladas were great.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $42.00

The park is very tight maneuvering and could be a problem if you are longer than we were. We needed a site for a night and it filled that for us. Did not use any facilities and had to be very careful getting back out of the park safely. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Motorhome.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Park is near Santa Fe and if you were doing touristy things it is close for the city.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $47.00

Our pull through space was barely long enough for our 34' motor home & tow vehicle. Any bigger rigs would have a very hard time fitting in the space & would have to disconnect a tow vehicle. We had full hookups. Wifi was fairly good. Staff was very friendly & helpful. A nice quiet park. We would stay again. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $38.00

We had reserved for a week and then found out that this park was nowhere near anywhere that we wanted to get to. Big mistake on our part and the park would not refund any money. We took the loss and found a different park in a more suitable location. The park was ok other than location. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Nowhere near anything.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $34.00

The campground is an old KOA. Very friendly and helpful staff. Nice office and small gift shop. Sparkling clean restrooms and showers. All variety of sites are available, some overlooking beautiful valley. Sites are nestled between fir trees providing a sense of privacy. Very close to tourist sites and museums in Santa Fe. Easy access to US 285 and I-25. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

A small cafe is located at the I-25 exit and Old Las Vegas Rd, just down the road from the campground that offers the best breakfast burritos.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $50.00

Pros: Really good wifi, clean park, nice shady hiking trail around the back of the park, quiet, staff was friendly and helpful

Cons: The space we were in was barely wide enough for our three slides. Bushes touched the windows on both sides.

The picnic table was placed in a space in the bushes between campsites, not at all usable. We checked out the laundry machines but they are very old and a wash is $3 per load.

Roads in most of the park are not at all flat or smooth. This park reminds me more of backwoods forest service campground. The sites are good for tents, but it would be difficult to park RVs in any of the spots without a lot of leveling.

We felt the daily rate for this park was pretty stiff for what we got. True, it is rather close to Santa Fe, and we know the lack of parks and demand in the area determines the price, but it was still pricey. The one redeeming factor was the speed and reliability of the internet which made up for the lack of outdoor space. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

There is a grocery store nearby in Cline Corners with all of the basics, including wine and liquor. Handy to not have to drive all the way into town.

Harry's Roadhouse is just down the road from the campground. Very popular place, serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. Get there early, because it is very busy. The menu is diverse, but the Mexican items are special. Prices are reasonable.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $35.00

This was actually a nice but very old CG in need of some TLC. The water and electricity were fine and stable. The sites were wooded and gave some sence of privacy although not particularly spacious. Do not have any expectation of level sites, but they are OK. There is a great walking trail that goes above the property for about a half mile. Our dogs loved it. All in all, we would stay here again when visiting Santa Fe. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Travel Trailer.

The Plaza in Santa Fe is a must see. Not just for the shops, there are two museums that well represent the area history.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $40.00

I will start with the positive....we were able to make reservations over the phone easily. They were very cordial and polite. Got into full hookup which was what we wanted to be able to watch some Sunday sports. Check in was easy and went well.

The negative is the park itself, it is very run down. The sites and the roads need much help to improve.

Our site was extremely small with no trees between our site and the next. It was pretty level which is always a plus. The picnic table was falling apart and right next to our 'neighbors sewer. The fire pit had cigarette butts in it. the gravel was full of weeds and stickers. Felt like we were in a very run down trailer park. Highway noise out the back.

There were other sites that looked better but because of what we were given I would not recommend it, nor Would we stay again. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Went to old Santa Fe plaza. Wonderful place. Easy access on old highway. Ate at Upper Crust pizza. Excellent! Ate on their patio, had our dog with us, they gave her a bowl of ice water. There was a musician play guitar and singing.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $34.00

I have been staying at this park almost yearly for the past 20 years. Have always been able to pick and reserve my site and arrive to find it ready. They have changed their policy and now no longer reserve sites. When you make a reservation, you effectively get in line (first-come-first-serve) for a site with the amenities you needed. Their Wi-Fi was totally non-usable, though they claimed it was working fine. The site I originally reserved was full hookup and cable. The site they gave me had those amenities but was so un-level that the step for our trailer was 2 feet off the ground. We arrived late in the afternoon, so we were the ones who got the "junk" site. The site they moved us to had no sewer or cable. (they refunded the difference in site cost) Considering their new policy, we won't be staying at Rancheros de Santa Fe again. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $35.00

This is a kinda cool, funky, old-school RV park. I have no idea why posters before me seem to be complaining about the closeness of the sites. I assume they are referring to the FHU area which is a pretty typical one-right-next-to-the-other RV park set up. But if they think THESE sites are close together they must not have travelled much. We've been on the road for a year and a half and the spacing here is pretty much the same as most places and we've seen them a LOT closer. In fact, it's even better in a lot of cases because there is at least vegetation between most of the sites that affords SOME privacy. The upper part of the park is the electric & water only part. The roads winding through there are tight and very rough. The sites are either gravel or dirt and although most of them are long pull thrus, the level area is very small and then the front of the site drops off precipitously. I think most bigger rigs would have a real tough time there. However, the sites are big and have quite a bit of shade as well as a picnic table (most kind of rickety) and fire pit. The restroom is old but was clean and functional. The laundry has five washers plus the broken one (there is ALWAYS a broken one! Lol!) and eight dryers. The washers are a bit of a rip off at $3 per load but they are at least a decent size. The dryers are $1.25. Not sure how long they ran, I think about 40 minutes, but the towels and jeans needed a second go-round. The lighting is good but the room is very cramped with a table in the middle that is too low to use comfortably standing up to fold and which has cabinetry under so you can't pull a chair up to it either. Besides, the room's too small to sit at the table anyway. Office folks were friendly and helpful but the store has very little in it. Bring your supplies with you. Oh, and the wi-fi actually worked pretty well most of the time. Verizon had two bars. Price was good and I'd stay again. We camped at Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground in a Truck Camper.

Featured Campgrounds Near Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground

Are you affiliated with Rancheros de Santa Fe Campground ?