Santa Fe KOA

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Santa Fe, New Mexico

Ask fellow campers about "Santa Fe KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $44.00

Park is very clean and well laid out. Camp site was level, with dirt & gravel, 50 amp service, picnic table, and fire pit. There were trees around but still able to get satellite service. We stayed 2 nights and would definitely stay there again. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Motorhome.

C-3

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $51.00

I think this CG is a bit over priced. It is convenient to I-25 so a good one or two night stop. Laundry was good, wifi was the usual (very slow in the evening, slow other times). Our pad was a bit narrow. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

D-3

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $46.00

I only wish this KOA had a pool. Everything was neat and clean. The utilities were good. Spaces were close together and hemmed in by juniper trees. I couldn't put my awning out, not because my neighbor was close but because the Junipers made the campsite effectively 10 feet wide. A trailer with slides would not have fit. The site wasn't very even either. Took a lot of adjusting to level my trailer. They did have a nice playground for my daughter. Verizon cell service was shockingly bad (especially considering it's along an Interstate highway and close to Santa Fe). The campground's WiFi did help make up for the poor cell service. It wasn't fast, but I managed to do the basics like E-mail and Facebook. The service was really nice and friendly. The laundry room was spotless and reasonably priced. I would stay there again because I suspect it's probably the best in the area. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Travel Trailer.

F3

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $50.00

This is nice and quiet at night, but even though quiet hours end at 8 AM, we were awakened every morning around 6 AM by barking dogs, slamming compartment doors, and conversations. Other than that, we enjoyed this park. The cable TV and Wi-Fi were both very good. Our site was dead level in spite of it being just gravel. Navigating the park roads with a bigger rig like ours is a bit challenging. We did enjoy listening to the coyotes howling in the distance one night around 3 AM. It gives you a taste of the nature of the southwest. We thought the price was big high for how the park was, but Santa Fe is a tourist area so everything costs a big more than it should. We had full hook-ups. The sewer was set so far back that I had to put an extension on my sewer hose. The rec hall was in a garage-like metal building and not very impressive. The office staff was very pleasant and helpful, which is a big plus to us. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Motorhome.

D-2

Be sure to take one of the paid city tours. Don't waste your time on one of the free shuttles as they just deliver you from one point to another.

Featured Campgrounds Near Santa Fe KOA

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $40.00

We stayed 2 nights at this KOA and would stop here again - it is about 10 miles outside of Santa Fe just off the interstate, and we enjoyed the rustic setting. Expect to hear some highway noise. In the campground the roads are unpaved, as are the campsites. If it has recently rained watch out for muddy spots! The bathrooms and showers were modern and had plenty of hot water. Camp store is well stocked but closed at 6pm. The laundry had 5 washers and 6 dryers, all functional but surprisingly expensive. Wi-fi worked fine, but we were not here at the high season. AT&T/T-mobile/Sprint users can expect good service throughout the campground, Verizon (which we had) is more spotty. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Truck Camper.

Just long enough for my truck camper

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $46.00

Loved the location. Our site was on the end of an isle so we had a large lounging area. Great location to camp and explore the area. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Travel Trailer.

F-1

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $15.00

Sweet little park with lots of trees. Pretty quiet, even with the interstate nearby. Not at all close to town. The dog park was very nice, all gravel so it kept down the dust. Would stay here again. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $48.00

Staff was very helpful and professional. Gravel sites (grass is rare in this part of the world!). There are many junipers that take away that parking lot feel that many of the campgrounds around here have. We stayed two nights as we visited the Santa Fe area and were very happy. Good Sprint coverage and we had excellent wifi. They give individual codes for your devices (we had 3) and bandwidth hogs get automatically limited so everyone gets service. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Motorhome.

G1

We loved El Rancho de las Golondrinas, a living history museum about 10 miles south of Santa Fe.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $57.00

This park is your typical desert terrain of rocks and dirt. A park employee threw a rock while mowing which shattered a large window in our 5th wheel. The park's response was sarcastic with no apology, no offer to help us get rig road worthy, no adjustment to our bill. Park sites are small. Big rigs had trouble negotiating turns. Some of park landscaping is in the way of putting out slides and awnings.Wifi was inoperable and we had no cell phone service. This park is not central to Santa Fe activities. It is about 30 minutes from most city attractions.I would not recommend park. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

D section
Gravel, Sand

Sante Fe is a wonderful place to visit. I recommend it, but I do not recommend this park. It was most expensive of our 5000+ mile trip. Definitely not worth it.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

Dust everywhere. My site was fine loose dirt with hard pan underneath. Some large and smaller rocks I had to try and clear out of my way to put up my tent, but I couldn't get all of them. I had to clear the bed in my tent twice in one day because of the dirt that would blow in. My dishes on the picnic table had to be wiped out after being on the table an hour because of blowing dirt. No grass. No mulch or pea gravel on my site to temper the dirt. The trees were so small they couldn't much shade and although it only got to 86 in the day, my tent was burning hot inside and no shade to help. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Tent.

H6

Santa Fe is about 20 minutes away. Nice drive.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $57.00

This was a very nice campground to go to during my stay at Santa Fe. I would definitely go here again. This campground's amenities included laundry (a little bit pricey, but not overly), clean bathrooms and showers, and clean dumpsters. The service was very nice, and the owners were quite understandable as well. The WiFi worked comfortably, but just using cell service will not work at all. Overall, it was a wonderful campground to stay at. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Motorhome.

D2

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $51.00

We stayed in a 45' RV. It is 12 miles from town. The staff was very friendly. Gravel sites are kind of level. Wifi was VERY slow. No cell service with Verizon, which was a big problem for us since we are full time and spent 4 nights here. We had to drive 3 miles to get cell service. Game room was pitiful, no pool. Not much of an area to walk around, all dirt and gravel. Lots of dirt and dust when cars and RVs drive by. Not worth the price other than there is no other place to stay. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Motorhome.

D2 pull through

20 minute drive to town. Great walk around shopping on Canyon.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $48.00

A pleasant park. An arid part of the world with little grass, and we really appreciated the trees; however, some near the roadways could have been trimmed a bit as they drug across our trailer on the way out. Electric service, as per our meter, was marginal and it was a/c or microwave - not both at the same time. Water pressure was good. Wifi was useable, but not strong. The staff was very helpful with suggestions on things in the area to see. We would certainly come back. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Travel Trailer.

southwest corner

Plenty to see in Santa Fe, Taos, and vicinity of Los Alamos.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $48.00

The park is advertised as being in Santa Fe, which it is not. It is several miles away, yet still noisy being very near a freeway.

The park also advertises WiFi service; on arrival, one learns that the WiFi is *not* high-speed, and is suitable only for email (if that). This is *NOT* what one expects from a high-dollar, known RV park; for those who rely on quality connections while traveling, this is an enormous problem. Some travelers, like myself, conduct business online, and rely on known sources for quality connections. When learning on arrival that the connection would be useless, this was *most* disappointing.

Otherwise, the park is impeccably clean, well-managed, and the staff accommodating while not overtly friendly.

We would probably choose a different location for future travels to Santa Fe, mostly for improved location but also WiFi service. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Motorhome.

50 Amp pull through

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $48.00

I cannot remember if the rate is excluding tax, but felt like the rate had increase since our last stay. I did notice that it seemed as though the park had made some improvements to a some of the sites compared to our previous stay at the park. The park is a good ways out from Santa Fe, but there are nearby restaurants. We camped at Santa Fe KOA in a Travel Trailer.

G4

Featured Campgrounds Near Santa Fe KOA

Are you affiliated with Santa Fe KOA ?