Santa Fe Skies RV Park

• Bike Path(s) Bike Path(s) yes
  • Hiking Hiking yes
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $45.00

We have stayed here several times but this will be our last. The park is expensive, but was worth it because of the nice common areas. But this time after the park was full so they started parking motorhomes in the common areas or blocking access to common areas. This to me was just greed on the part of the park and took away from the benefit of staying here. If there are no spaces left, just tell those that did not make reservations that you are full instead of impacting those that already paid for sites. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Iris 5-very unlevel

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $41.00

I'm not accustomed to leaving bad reviews for parks, so I'll just say this: I admit that I had pretty high expectations for this park based on the high price, previous reviews and recommendations from friends; my unrealistic expectations may very well be the reason I'm as disappointed as I am. Regardless, we will not be back. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby Santa Fe and Albuquerque are nice, especially the Plaza in Santa Fe and Old Town in ABQ. By far, the most fun we had was at Meow Wolf in Santa Fe... more than enough reason to come back.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $50.00

An older park and it's showing it's age. The sites are very close together and a little tricky to maneuver into with longer rigs and aren't really maintained at all. Our sewer connection was little more than a hole in the ground, no cap and our patio was maybe 3' wide. It took 3 blocks all the way down the side of our rig to level out. And while we don't generally hook up cable, the antenna/cable wires were just cut off bare wires sticking out of the ground - useless and ugly. The sites haven't been mowed or weeded in probably five years. The park itself is cute, with art all over the place and a VERY nice and clean main facility where the restrooms and showers are. It's really close to town and very convenient and the people we met were quite nice and accommodating. The Internet was rock solid the first day and non existent the next, so plan on bringing your own. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

A03

We come to Santa Fe for one main reason: Jackalope. The other reason is the Santa Fe Plaza. If you want some really nice pots and yard stuff hit up Jackalope and a couple other places on Cerillos that are just for that purpose. We dropped $1,000 on pots and yard goodies. The plaza is only about 20 minutes into town where you can see all the shops and stop by La Fonda. Santa Fe is a great place to decompress for a few days.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $48.00

Nothing really wrong with this park, just can't justify the cost. All dirt, very windy, small spaces, no shade. Okay, but for wrong price. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: December, 2016 - $46.00

The place is just generally run down. Nasty washers and dryers. They were working on the water several times while we were there. They had originally blocked off our spot with a backhoe so took forever to get parked and then we BARELY fit. Wifi was nada and it was just overall underwhelming. Can do better. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Make sure that your rig AND vehicle will fit before you go. Also, ask them about any construction going on when booking.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $41.00

A lot good here. Nice facilities, friendly staff, quiet location with views, interesting outdoor art. Wifi worked pretty well for us. Phone service fine.

Not so good was the leveling of the sites. In order to get level, our MH wheels were several inches off the ground on one side. Noticed other sites with the same problem. This is something that's not that hard to fix and was highly disappointing for a park of this quality. Some sites also could use some re-graveling. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $44.00

Very tight spaces. Even with the nice concrete pad and table, you are really close to your neighbor. Unless you are on the end, you do not have a view except of another RV!! Laundry room is tiny and hot. Nice patio facilities but nothing really going on there. Just an efficiently run park that feels very commercial trying to cram as many in as possible with the least amount of effort. Showers and baths were nice. Would probably look for another park to stay. Just did not like the sardine feel and lack of view. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Daylilly

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $39.00

Stayed here a week. When we arrived, they did not have our reservations that we made in February and had called to verify in March. Site we had reserved occupied by someone else. We were told that they can't guarantee you will get the site you reserve anyway so go pick another site. Picked another site, couldn't have it because it was already reserved by someone else. You see how this conversation went. The office staff was confrontational and not apologetic about mix up. Clean laundry but a bit overpriced compared to laundry at other campgrounds. Terraced gravel sites. Bathrooms/showers clean. No amenities. Nice walking trail. Some sites have good views, some do not. Most sites have a patio, but you pay extra for the patio. Mainly a "stop for the night" place. Full every night but most people left in the morning. Haven't checked out any of the other parks in area, so not sure if I would stay here again or not. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $45.00

This park would be fine in dry weather, but it rained, sleeted, and snowed during our stay, turning the place into a muddy mess. It's relatively convenient to town, but I wouldn't stay here again unless it's dry and I had no other good options in town. For the price, the facility was disappointing overall. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $45.00

No cable, no pool, and no hot tub. Very basic lot. Value 25 to 32 to me, a full time RVer.

Would be almost like Walmart.

Good location, nice staff. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Maria's Mexican was great.

Date of Stay: November, 2014 - $43.00

Check in was okay. We were assigned a site that was already taken so we took the next one. Sites are relatively level and utilities worked fine. For what you get it is overpriced. Sites are very close together. The view is nice. Have stayed here before when passing thru area. Would probably stay again. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $22.00

The nightly rate reflects the fact that we stayed for one month and paid a monthly rate of $650. The positives included a nice (3/4 mile) gravel walking trail around the campground, beautiful mountain sunset views, dependable electric service, and satellite accessible sites. The negatives are numerous. If you want a monthly rate, you are forced to take one of the back-in sites. There would be nothing wrong with that if not for the facts that these are narrow sites and many of them have thorny, unpruned Russian olive trees at the front. I had to saw several large branches after trying, unsuccessfully, to back in and making numerous deep scratches on my fifth wheel at the roof line. Once backed in, my passenger side tires were a good six inches above grade after leveling my fifth wheel (very unlevel site). Additionally, the sewer hook up was over a foot above grade. The owners of this campground save the best sites (pull-through) for campers coming in for a few nights or a few weeks. However, many of those sites also have overhanging tree issues and are not very level. All sites and access roads are gravel, making for a lot of mess when it rains. There are a lot of weed burrs, so my kids' bikes ended up with flat tires. We don't have a pet, but I would imagine the burrs would make a dog's life pretty miserable. I am all in favor of water-saving, desert landscaping, but this park's idea of desert landscaping is to just let the weeds grow. The Wi-Fi was very weak and unreliable unless you were up at 2 AM. When the park was full, the Wi-Fi was relatively useless (even with my signal booster). My guess is that they do not have enough bandwidth to handle demand. There is no recycling at the RV park. If you want to recycle, the easiest option is to cart your recyclable materials to Target. Do not try to recycle paper, however, because there is no paper recycling (except for corrugated cardboard) in the Santa Fe area. The Santa Fe Skies RV Park staff did not coordinate any formal social activities during the month we were there (mid-September to mid-October). Based on conversations I had with others, this is the "best" RV park in Santa Fe. Maybe that is why the owners do not strive to make it better (lack of competition). We would only stay here again if we absolutely had to make a stopover in Santa Fe. We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $45.00

It's a fine place with some caveats: First, the pull through they put me in would have destroyed the roof of my Montana 5th wheel had I tried pulling through. Luckily someone stopped me during my approach and warned me about the trees I would hit if I tried. There were trees choking off the turn into the spot. Luckily, I was able to pull around and back in from the other side. However, because of the same trees, I wasn't able to back in far enough to reach the sewer pipe in the ground. I would have hit the trees. The guy that stopped me and warned me did in fact damage his coach on the trees in his site too. Watch out for the trees! They need to do some serious pruning. Trees are great in an RV park, but not on the corners of the sites where you make your turns for heavens sake!

Next is the pathetic Wi-Fi. When I saw a tower 6 ft. from my trailer, I thought "sweet!" WRONG!! It was useless. I saw people sitting outside with their laptops, and now I now why...

Wi-Fi is critical to today's RV'er, so when they say they have it, it should actually work.

They need to do some serious technical upgrades to their system. This alone might keep me away next time I'm in Santa Fe We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $45.00

Stayed here before. It's actually a great location on a knoll with great sunrises and sunsets. But please clean the weeds up, add more gravel and just make the place what it could actually be a 10. Nice reception, laundry area and main building but the rest needs to be cleaned up. This is the best place to stay in Santa Fe. For such a wonderful city there needs to be a nicer place to stay. Hopefully they start reading and listening to clients and do something about it before someone comes in a builds a needed nice resort!!! We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: March, 2014 - $34.00

Views = 9, Facility = 5, Laundry = 3. Good views of the mountains around Santa Fe. Large, level sites with concrete patio and table. Grounds are not maintained. Policy says leashes Not required but dogs need to be under full control of the dog’s owner; however, we saw dogs running loose in the park. Dog poop had not been picked up on the grounds. Nice dog park available; however, dog poop receptacles were full and looked like they had not been emptied for a while. Laundry had clothes left in washers from prior users; washers were dirty; two were inoperable with NO notice posted. Two dryers were inoperable with notices posted. One dryer said not to use unless you had clothes. That didn’t matter because of ink in dryer. This could be a very nice park if only the owner would tend to daily and routine maintenance and enforce their policies. Don’t know whether park cash flow is insufficient, or what, but there are definitely issues that needs to be corrected. Probably would not stay here again. OVERALL: 5 rating We camped at Santa Fe Skies RV Park in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Santa Fe Skies RV Park ?