Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Recent Rate: $27 3/2015

Longitude: -104.661909341812

• Verizon, Sprint Cellular Phone Providers

User3369

Great overnight park. Gravel sites, easy in and out, and perfect location relative to the highway. Remember, this is not Orlando, Fl., so if you're looking for a deluxe RV "resort," keep on driving. Can't say enough about the over the top service by the owner. Problem with my newest Good Sam's membership number showing expired even after entering several different phone numbers. Gave us the discount anyway. I was sitting at the site table getting ready to call Good Sam's when he pulled up in his golf cart to tell me that he'd just gotten off the phone with them and had everything straightened out!! Had our correct member info written on one of his business cards. Just doesn't get any better than that. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

try the restaurant...pretty good. very reasonable.

maryc

Stayed here for 5 days waiting for tire delivery. Everyone was very nice and the space I was in was very large with partial shade. I was very surprised by how good the food was and fast delivery to my motorhome. Not a lot to see or do in this small town but the Blue Hole was amazing. Thought about taking scuba lessons after watching all of the divers. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

User3753

This park advertises itself as New Mexico's best resort, but the opposite is more true. The place is all dirt. The owner doesn't even spring for gravel for the roads in a state that is mostly made of gravel. The roads are narrow and the sites are in all different configurations. We were given a spot that was very hard to get out of. The other problem was electrical. Connections need to be replaced. One neighbor said his wife's hair dryer killed their service and when he asked for help, the owner said he was going to supper and would come back later. Our water pick made the lights flicker. The other problem was their rule about disconnecting water hoses during a night of freezing temperatures. They wanted all water off at 7 p.m. when the temperatures wouldn't drop below freezing till 3 a.m. One neighbor said the front desk refused to let him use water even though it was still 40 degrees. I used it anyway and kept my hose connected till almost 11 p.m. All in all, a tense experience and pricey at that for a dump like Santa Rosa! We won't be back. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Nothing to do in Santa Rosa except sleep.

Pepthedog

We stopped in for an overnight stay and found the park to be excellent. Yes all 10's. The roads had plenty of room to maneuver my truck and 25 foot Airstream. The big Class A's had no problem either. The roads and sites were all raked and in excellent repair. The sites themselves are NOT close together as is frequently the case in your typical park and roomy enough for me to stay hitched up. I've stayed at a lot of RV parks as a full-timer and definitely took note of these details. The restrooms are clean and utilitarian. No, they are not "resort" quality with fancy tile etc., but that wasn't what I was looking for in a $33.00 per night stopover. We used the laundry and found it also quite good. Reasonable washer rate and 45 minute dryer times. Propane was under 3.00 per gallon when I stayed and sold by the gallon, not by weight. That is a rare find since most parks overcharge on propane by charging per tank or by weight. The on-site restaurant has a great BBQ selection and delivers to your site. Get there in the afternoon and you can smell your dinner in the smoker. We ate in the restaurant and it too was not fancy but clean and quaint. Check out the art on the walls by local artists.

The gentleman who checked us in (owner I believe) was very helpful and accommodating. No escort to the site but not needed as the park has a very easy to follow, well planned layout. He even came by our site later to see that we were settled in and pleased with our site.

All in all this is a great park. As I said, I've seen many as a full-timer and I put this one in the top percentage of parks I've been to. The pool was closed when we were there so I can't offer any opinion on it though it looked to be in the process of opening for the season.

We will stay here again on our next trip and have recommended it to my co-workers who will be traveling through in the next few weeks. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

richvks

Good access to the park off Historic Rt 66 from either Santa Rosa I-40 exit. Roads and sites are gravel, well spaced and the park is clean. We had no problems in/out with 38'MH towing. One big rig had a tight squeeze getting in but that was due to another rig pulled up to the very edge of the road across from his turn-in. There was a freeze warning and owner asked us to pull the water at 8pm. The park has a restaurant on site that we used when we were here Dec. 2013. It was snowing and we opted for delivery to our site. The food arrived quickly, it was hot and really good. You can't go wrong with the BBQ--good smoke and cooked low and slow. The restrooms/showers are old and look it but seem clean and are odor free but cold! We would return. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

durham4926

Ok for overnight. Cable didn't work very well but viewable. WiFi typical of parks at bad to nonexistent. Easy pull through but not level. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

creekside

This park has a great restaurant behind the office that serves killer ribs and brisket. The park is just fine with level sites, though some might be a bit tight to get into with a big rig. We managed ok with our 40' rig. WiFi pretty good, all hook ups worked just fine. The town doesn't have much to offer, but for a night or two this park will fill the bill. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

FranM

$27 rate was for water/electric, no cable or WiFi. Easy access from I-40. Level, gravel roads & long, pull-through gravel sites with some grass in between. Small pet-walk with grass - watch out for prickly "goat-heads" if you walk your dog elsewhere. Nice little on-site restaurant, which will deliver to your RV. We would stay here again. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Barney and Claudine

The man at the office is very unfriendly and abrasive. The park is very old and is in need of upgrades. This includes neatness as the park is not clean or organized. The park has all dirt roads and sites and is very tight. Will not stay here again. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

hotpepperkid

Ok place but some of the electrical outlets need replacement. The 30 amp at my side was so loose you had to get it just right and then it would go off. When I mentioned it to the owner he got all bent out of shape and said he had repaired it but I have news for him that outlet hadn't been changed in years. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

usa rv12344848

Nice stop for one night. Mostly pull-throughs. Most sites wide open but they do have some trees that need to be trimmed. Utilities worked good. Site was level. Some turns could be tight for larger RVs. On-site restaurant was good for supper. Would stay again if in the area. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

RV Lucy

I really don't understand how reviewers can give this park a 4 out of 5 rating? People were friendly, otherwise I would rate as less than 2. Dirt, nasty stickers, dead "grass", just bare bones for an overnight only. Could barely let our pooch out for his business. People giving high ratings are extremely generous! We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Pepper Dan

All gravel and dirt roads and sites with small grass/weed areas between with table. All sites are pull thru long, wide enough and level. Have both partial and FHU sites. Only a few medium trees so not much shade, but good for satellite signal. Off I-40 so no traffic noise and only 1 mile into town. Good Verizon cell signal and 4G mobile hot spot. TV antenna signal and free cable TV available. Free unsecured but weak wi-fi. Free high speed DSL available in office. Pool. Small kids playground. Office staff friendly and helpful. Small store and gift shop, very nice on site B-B-Q restaurant open in evenings. Not a destination resort, but we would stay there again. Rate is GS for partial hookups We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

RV4me16

We stayed there for one night while heading home. They had a nice 90 foot site and we did not have to unhook our tow. We had 50amp and cable and water at site but no sewage. Since we were only staying one night this was not an issue. If we were staying longer it would have been. It was clean and the man that worked at the desk was very nice. We were having RV problems and he helped us. They have a nice little store and a restaurant with good home cooked food.I would stay there again while passing through. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

slawrence

Just an overnite stop so we only used W&E site that was easily long enough for our 40' RV. Some grass, a few trees, skinny sites. The mosquitoes come out at dusk. Restaurant on site. Very friendly person at the office. We were gone most of the day/evening so it really was just a place to plug in for us. We would stay here again for an overnite stay. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Top Tips for this Campground

• Nothing to do in Santa Rosa except sleep.

retirednestorMarch 2015
  • I can't advise on things to do in Santa Rosa as we were just passing through. The manager mentioned the "Blue Hole" spring which sounded interesting but we didn't have the time to stop.

PepthedogMarch 2015
  • try the restaurant...pretty good. very reasonable.

Rabun RedMarch 2015

Are you affiliated with Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park?