Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Santa Rosa, New Mexico

2136 Historic Route 66
Santa Rosa, New Mexico 88435

Ask fellow campers about "Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $27.00

Like so many others we found the owner to be a surly grouch. Immediately upon arrival he blocked me with a golf cart and accused me of backing into something. He went behind my trailer to check for damage. Finding nothing he mumbled something I couldn't hear. Then told me I was going the wrong way. There are no arrows or signs. I found the 30 and 50 amp outlets were badly worn out. The 50 looked burned. We used the 30 but didn't need our AC since it was a cool night. All good until the skunk came out later. Pass this one if you can. I would not stop here again. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $32.00

This park is your basic desert camp. I spend considerable time in Baja and this is the kind of RV park you find there except the food down there is much better. The water supply is directed at the electronic supply box. Therefore, when disconnecting your hose, the residual water runs onto your neighbors electrical cord. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

I recommend you opt for another restaurant. I ordered the bbq rib / brisket combo. They never saw a bbq nor smoker. They were baked in an oven and bbq sauce drizzled over just before being served. The brisket was tough and obviously not cooked "low and slow", as required for the expected results. Just a sloppy, no effort cook. Two available sewer connections at the site. However the one you'll need (at the rear) could not be opened. Obviously it's been non functional for a long time.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $38.00

Have stayed here twice but only because of convenience but probably won't stay again. The pull-thru spaces are very tight and hard to get into with the tow. It would be nice if they would escort you to your site. It's okay for one night. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

10 Third St

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $34.00

We are full time RVers and my wife always checks campground reviews before we make a reservation. Wanting to see Blue Hole in New Mexico, we very unwisely ignored the multiple reviews to avoid the Santa Rosa Campground and RV Park thinking it couldn't be that bad. Trust me - do not ignore these reviews. Many reviewers call the owner a "bully" and we found that to be true. My wife, trying to ask him where to park our truck/fifth wheel for registration, was yelled at her for leaving the office door open and "letting in the heat". The electrical system kept shutting down. I discovered the 50 amp breaker on my campsite was defective. The owner's response was he would replace it in the morning and we could either spend the night on 30 amps or leave! With New Mexico temperatures in the 90's, we told him we would leave in the morning and I went to the office to have the rest of our reservation refunded to my credit card. A half hour later, the owner came to our campsite demanding to know why we were still there. He said he had refunded our money and we were to leave the campground immediately or he was calling the police! We are in our mid-seventies ... and with dark approaching, we had to take down and re-hitch our fifth wheel and travel to Tucumcari ... where, gratefully, we were given a site at another rv park. Our experience with Santa Rosa Campground and RV Park caused us to take our tourist dollars away from Blue Hole and we will not be returning to Santa Rosa. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Stay elsewhere -- the owner is very rude and does not care about customer service. Park layout is difficult to navigate. Unfortunately, there are not many choices in the area -- Tucumcari is about an hour east.

4 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $48.00

The WORST campground we have ever had the displeasure of staying at. Very basic park for overnighting only. No shade and perimeter of park is not gated or secure. Upon checking for reservations we had for 6 months for full hook up, was told they didn't have any full hook up. Then another person walked in after us with a reservation and was given 50 amp with full hook up. I was told well he reserved it and that this guy at the front desk "does this for a living a doesn't make mistakes". I provided the name of the person I reserved with, which also happened to be him. I was told no discount for the inconvenience, he could refund me and I could leave looking for a new place. Seriously! My husband asked that we receive some form of a discount for their mistake and was advised the manager could issue that in the morning. The manager came to our site in the morning and said we had 10 mins to leave. I wouldn't recommend you staying here as they definitely had the upper hand we could stay and pay for less than we reserved or leave. As an RVing family we should not support businesses that are dishonest and have zero customer service! We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Pull thru

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

There is nothing special about this place. The sites are close. The drive way not very wide. And the interior roads can be difficult to navigate. This was once a KOA and looks like it. (not a compliment). That being said - the cable, WiFi and water pressure were all fine. We used this as a base camp to visit several sites. It is convenient on and off to I-40 and there was very little highway noise. The only downside, as others have mentioned, is the owners attitude. Maybe it is just a weird sense of humor - but he can be difficult to deal with. There is a restaurant on site but we did not use it so can not attest to its quality. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

The Route 66 museum only a few blocks away. Take a drive to Fort Sumner to see the Billy the Kid Museum - it is very fascinating

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

Stayed here passing through on a road trip. They upgraded us go a pull through site when we arrived which was great. Sites are close together. Facilities were clean and nice. Camp host was nice. Had a great stay. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $34.00

This RV Park is a hidden gem in Santa Rosa, NM. The site we had was level, had trees & rose bushes. The staff was great & the owner lives onsite & protects the park guess 24 hours a day. The WIFI was amazing best I have had in 8 months of traveling. Left feeling like we made new friends with the staff. We will stay again for sure. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $29.00

This is a convenient campground to the Interstate. It sits on the historic Route 66. This is an older campground that is very well maintained and clean. This campground is in the desert so there is not much grass, mostly gravel and dirt. There are a variety of different hook up options. We took a 30 amp electric and water only. There is a dump station. There are 50 amp full hook up sites available too. The sites are pull thru and are very long and can accommodate any size RV. We only unhooked because we needed our truck to run errands. Otherwise we could have stayed hooked up. The laundry room has 4 washers and 4 dryers. $1.50 for a wash and $1.00 for 45 minutes of drying. The pool is open during the summer,starting on Memorial Day weekend. We will definitely stay here again when in the area! We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The BBQ restaurant located behind the campground office is OK. Limited selection of items and the food was plain. If you don't want to drive somewhere to eat then this is an OK option. By the way if you order the cheese stick appetizer, know that they do NOT have marinara sauce to dip it in. Like I said it was a limited selection of items to choose from.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $32.00

Older well kept park. Apparently lots of options for hookups - nothing 30/50, EW, W etc. Easy in / easy out at least in an uncrowded park. If it was full up it might be more difficult. Our site was long enough for a 40 footer and toad. Our picnic table was on the off side since the next site was so close. Good Verizon signal so didn't bother with wifi. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

Very pleasant at check-in, wide roads and good written directions to campsite. Level site with rigs parked in opposite directions so a bit close together but neatly landscaped. Restaurant on site was convenient and reasonably priced. Pool was closed for maintenance. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

12A
Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

3 bars on cell phone signal. Internet OK, but up and down, Easy in/out and big rig friendly. Check-in very courteous and great barbecue Make reservation as they fill up. Good location and nice staff. Glad to find this park. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $37.00

Easy park to find and use for a one night stop. Manager was funny and did his job well. We also walked to McDonalds. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

McDonalds and some pubs in the area. Pilot is just down the street for all fuel needs.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

I stayed on Easter. The office was closed and the phone message did not say this so I kept leaving messages. When I arrived two other RVs were there and not knowing which sites were open, we all went into the camp. I was going to fill out envelope when a guy who said he was the owner basically accosted me and rudely asked why I hadn't paid. I then paid him and had the envelope in my hand. I have dogs and wear a belt with the bags to clean up clearly visible. He told me to be sure and clean up and said I always do. He then told me he only liked little dogs. I was walking my dogs and he came up on a golf cart and loudly said, mam, you have to clean up after your dogs and I said I know and I do. Later I was walking on paths through tent site area which was completely empty and he came over on golf cart and said, mam get your dogs out of there. I asked if tent campers could have dogs and he just said, I said get out of there, no dogs. It was not posted as no dog walking. I am an older woman, camping by myself. He scared me. He was loud and rude. I locked my door to my RV and know I will never stay there again. In a few minutes I heard him yelling at a guy who hadn't paid yet. The man said there were no envelopes and the owner of the RV park told him he was full of sh---t. The man just quickly went into his RV to get away from the owner. When he came out I told him the owner had yelled at me too. He just said, write a review and leave in the morning and don't come back is all you can do. I have never been treated like that and have stayed in a lot of RV parks. I don't really know that this guy was the owner but he said he was. I feel like someone will get hurt if he keeps acting like that. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $28.00

It's the desert....no nice green grass, trees, etc. So, with that said...the campground was gravel, easy to maneuver in and just fine. Level sites, and various amenity options. We chose 30 amp and water only. Office guy was awesome. Nice, funny, and very helpful. I would stay here again since it was fine for an overnight. And with the cost, a resort atmosphere couldn't be expected. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Featured Campgrounds Near Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Are you affiliated with Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park ?