Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Santa Rosa, New Mexico

2136 Historic Route 66
Santa Rosa, New Mexico 88435

Ask fellow campers about "Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

I stayed on Easter. The office was closed and the phone message did not say this so I kept leaving messages. When I arrived two other RVs were there and not knowing which sites were open, we all went into the camp. I was going to fill out envelope when a guy who said he was the owner basically accosted me and rudely asked why I hadn't paid. I then paid him and had the envelope in my hand. I have dogs and wear a belt with the bags to clean up clearly visible. He told me to be sure and clean up and said I always do. He then told me he only liked little dogs. I was walking my dogs and he came up on a golf cart and loudly said, mam, you have to clean up after your dogs and I said I know and I do. Later I was walking on paths through tent site area which was completely empty and he came over on golf cart and said, mam get your dogs out of there. I asked if tent campers could have dogs and he just said, I said get out of there, no dogs. It was not posted as no dog walking. I am an older woman, camping by myself. He scared me. He was loud and rude. I locked my door to my RV and know I will never stay there again. In a few minutes I heard him yelling at a guy who hadn't paid yet. The man said there were no envelopes and the owner of the RV park told him he was full of sh---t. The man just quickly went into his RV to get away from the owner. When he came out I told him the owner had yelled at me too. He just said, write a review and leave in the morning and don't come back is all you can do. I have never been treated like that and have stayed in a lot of RV parks. I don't really know that this guy was the owner but he said he was. I feel like someone will get hurt if he keeps acting like that. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $28.00

It's the desert....no nice green grass, trees, etc. So, with that said...the campground was gravel, easy to maneuver in and just fine. Level sites, and various amenity options. We chose 30 amp and water only. Office guy was awesome. Nice, funny, and very helpful. I would stay here again since it was fine for an overnight. And with the cost, a resort atmosphere couldn't be expected. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $32.00

Overnight stay but we would choose this park again if we were staying longer. Easy access off I-40, level site, long pull-thrus, no need to disconnect from tow vehicle. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $38.00

We stopped for one night. 50 amp pull through site was long enough for our 40ft MH and car. Did not need to unhook car. Site was level gravel. Water/sewer and power all worked well. Wi-Fi was also good. We like to stop here as there is an on-site restaurant (delivery to MH available). They have good BBQ (brisket is very good). Service was good. We will stay here again when in the area. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $31.00

Easy on and off from I-40. Level sites, good cable including ESPN, good WIFI. Good overnight park. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $38.00

Big empty place down a steep driveway, and wouldn't you know, they decide to clump everyone together! Little did we know, they double charged us, but brought it to our attention with a refund the next day (which is why I rate service as satisfactory). We have a 41" Fifth wheel and they put us in a very tight spot facing the managers house. I could barely park my truck sideways in the spot to keep from blocking the road and was asked to move it once. What a shame they had so many empty sites and jammed everyone together. My neighbors TV didn't work due to an amplifier issue, but ours was ok. They have a small on-site restaurant that claims to have the best BBQ in New Mexico, don't believe it! It smelled good but our food had definitely been microwaved to heat it up and was nothing special. I would not stay here again. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $29.00

Wow! What a pleasant surprise Santa Rosa Campground has turned out to be. I know...I know...no sewer hookups! I get that. But cell phone service is good, the bathroom/showers, while older, are very clean as well as convenient. The host was very friendly and professional. Even with all the rain they have had this week in this area the park was void of mud and I will leave tomorrow with my rig looking as clean as when I turned off the highway. They also have a very good restaurant connected to the office/gift shop w/indoor AND outdoor seating. BBQ brisket was outstanding as was the catfish. Based on convenience, cleanliness, big rig friendly, along with friendly staff I rate Santa Rosa Campground a solid 8-9. We camped here in a motorhome w/toad that was plenty long enough. Yes, we would be sure to stay here any/every time we are in the area. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Sand

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $35.00

Unfortunately, once you are west of Tucumcari, there are no RV parks with decent facilities until west of Albuquerque except this one. I have been here several times in the past (see my 10/16 review) and found the facilities (sites, bathrooms, etc.) passable at best, but had problems with the staff and owner. This time, I avoided any contact with them after checking in. As usual, we had a FHU site that was barely big enough for our 32 footer and fairly level. The cable and Wi-FI were OK. I still see no sign of recycling. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $35.00

Three big rigs pulled in at the same time the office was closed from 10 to 12 for lunch. We had to wait until the guy finished his lunch, hmmm service? We were given site 14 pull through FHU 50amp. Not all sites are FHU or 50 amp. Site is gravel, level, not quite long enough to keep car attached. We're next to the garbage and the dump. There's a restaurant here too and they deliver to your site. We didn't try it. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Visit the Blue Hole

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $31.00

We only stayed one night. The camp site was nice. The restrooms were clean. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $32.00

An older campground right on historic Route 66 in Santa Rosa, NM. Far enough from I-40 to not have noise. Owner was friendly, when I called on the phone to make a reservation for the end of October, he just took my name and said come on ahead, that there would be plenty of sites for pull-through with FHU and 30 amp. The site we got was just big enough for our 25 foot class C MH plus toad (total 44 feet). Roads and sites are all gravel, but we did not have any problems getting level. Some grass to walk the dog. We walked up to the restaurant and ate supper, and it was average to good. Gift shop attached was good, with a variety of Rt. 66 items. We would stay here again in the future. Rate for one night was $34.22 after Good Sam discount + taxes. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Check the gift shop and try the restaurant adjoining the office. Pilot Travel Center was just down the road.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $38.00

Santa Rosa Campground is a shady oasis in a fairly desolate part of New Mexico. We used this park for an overnight stop, and were quite pleased to find a fairly level full-service pull-through which gave us an easy "in and out" without having to unhook our toad. Cable TV worked fine. We used our own Verizon Internet rather than trying the park service. Verizon worked ok in that area, but did get pretty slow a time or two. This park does not recycle. There is a restaurant on site that will deliver to individual rigs if requested. We didn't order any food, but it certainly smelled good! We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $31.00

If our site, and the one across the road, was an indication of other sites in the campground be prepared with LOTS of leveling blocks. The campground wasn't even half full so I assume these 2 that were occupied were some of the more level sites. The guy across the road had the front wheels of his motorhome off the ground trying to get level. I didn't want to unhook for an overnight stay. Our site was unlevel enough that, without leveling, I would not have run the refrigerator overnight. Cable & WiFi worked fine, but probably not many WiFi users. Good AT&T signal. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $38.00

I was given a gravel pull-thru site which was plenty big enough for my 42' 5th wheel and truck to park on. My site was real close to the neighbor, but no problems. I had E/W, but no sewer. Some sites have sewer hook ups, but most don't. They have a pump out station. I used my dish instead of their cable. The bathrooms & laundry were clean and up to date. We ate in the restaurant both nights and had great dinners at a reasonable cost. Found the staff here to be quite friendly. Yes, I would stay here again. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Fuel and a few stores just a few blocks from the Park. Food at the park was reasonable.

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $28.00

Surprised there were no sewer hookups. Our section was obviously constructed as cheaply as possible, electrical box was shared with the neighboring site, one water faucet with a plastic wye for you and your neighbor. That being said, it is probably the best between Tucumcari and Albuquerque area. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Are you affiliated with Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park ?