Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Santa Rosa, New Mexico

2136 Historic Route 66
Santa Rosa, New Mexico 88435

Ask fellow campers about "Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $35.00

There is nothing special about this place. The sites are close. The drive way not very wide. And the interior roads can be difficult to navigate. This was once a KOA and looks like it. (not a compliment). That being said - the cable, WiFi and water pressure were all fine. We used this as a base camp to visit several sites. It is convenient on and off to I-40 and there was very little highway noise. The only downside, as others have mentioned, is the owners attitude. Maybe it is just a weird sense of humor - but he can be difficult to deal with. There is a restaurant on site but we did not use it so can not attest to its quality. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

The Route 66 museum only a few blocks away. Take a drive to Fort Sumner to see the Billy the Kid Museum - it is very fascinating

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

Stayed here passing through on a road trip. They upgraded us go a pull through site when we arrived which was great. Sites are close together. Facilities were clean and nice. Camp host was nice. Had a great stay. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $34.00

This RV Park is a hidden gem in Santa Rosa, NM. The site we had was level, had trees & rose bushes. The staff was great & the owner lives onsite & protects the park guess 24 hours a day. The WIFI was amazing best I have had in 8 months of traveling. Left feeling like we made new friends with the staff. We will stay again for sure. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $29.00

This is a convenient campground to the Interstate. It sits on the historic Route 66. This is an older campground that is very well maintained and clean. This campground is in the desert so there is not much grass, mostly gravel and dirt. There are a variety of different hook up options. We took a 30 amp electric and water only. There is a dump station. There are 50 amp full hook up sites available too. The sites are pull thru and are very long and can accommodate any size RV. We only unhooked because we needed our truck to run errands. Otherwise we could have stayed hooked up. The laundry room has 4 washers and 4 dryers. $1.50 for a wash and $1.00 for 45 minutes of drying. The pool is open during the summer,starting on Memorial Day weekend. We will definitely stay here again when in the area! We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

The BBQ restaurant located behind the campground office is OK. Limited selection of items and the food was plain. If you don't want to drive somewhere to eat then this is an OK option. By the way if you order the cheese stick appetizer, know that they do NOT have marinara sauce to dip it in. Like I said it was a limited selection of items to choose from.

Featured Campgrounds Near Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $32.00

Older well kept park. Apparently lots of options for hookups - nothing 30/50, EW, W etc. Easy in / easy out at least in an uncrowded park. If it was full up it might be more difficult. Our site was long enough for a 40 footer and toad. Our picnic table was on the off side since the next site was so close. Good Verizon signal so didn't bother with wifi. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

Very pleasant at check-in, wide roads and good written directions to campsite. Level site with rigs parked in opposite directions so a bit close together but neatly landscaped. Restaurant on site was convenient and reasonably priced. Pool was closed for maintenance. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

12A
Dirt, Sand

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $38.00

3 bars on cell phone signal. Internet OK, but up and down, Easy in/out and big rig friendly. Check-in very courteous and great barbecue Make reservation as they fill up. Good location and nice staff. Glad to find this park. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $37.00

Easy park to find and use for a one night stop. Manager was funny and did his job well. We also walked to McDonalds. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

McDonalds and some pubs in the area. Pilot is just down the street for all fuel needs.

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

I stayed on Easter. The office was closed and the phone message did not say this so I kept leaving messages. When I arrived two other RVs were there and not knowing which sites were open, we all went into the camp. I was going to fill out envelope when a guy who said he was the owner basically accosted me and rudely asked why I hadn't paid. I then paid him and had the envelope in my hand. I have dogs and wear a belt with the bags to clean up clearly visible. He told me to be sure and clean up and said I always do. He then told me he only liked little dogs. I was walking my dogs and he came up on a golf cart and loudly said, mam, you have to clean up after your dogs and I said I know and I do. Later I was walking on paths through tent site area which was completely empty and he came over on golf cart and said, mam get your dogs out of there. I asked if tent campers could have dogs and he just said, I said get out of there, no dogs. It was not posted as no dog walking. I am an older woman, camping by myself. He scared me. He was loud and rude. I locked my door to my RV and know I will never stay there again. In a few minutes I heard him yelling at a guy who hadn't paid yet. The man said there were no envelopes and the owner of the RV park told him he was full of sh---t. The man just quickly went into his RV to get away from the owner. When he came out I told him the owner had yelled at me too. He just said, write a review and leave in the morning and don't come back is all you can do. I have never been treated like that and have stayed in a lot of RV parks. I don't really know that this guy was the owner but he said he was. I feel like someone will get hurt if he keeps acting like that. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $28.00

It's the desert....no nice green grass, trees, etc. So, with that said...the campground was gravel, easy to maneuver in and just fine. Level sites, and various amenity options. We chose 30 amp and water only. Office guy was awesome. Nice, funny, and very helpful. I would stay here again since it was fine for an overnight. And with the cost, a resort atmosphere couldn't be expected. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $32.00

Overnight stay but we would choose this park again if we were staying longer. Easy access off I-40, level site, long pull-thrus, no need to disconnect from tow vehicle. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $38.00

We stopped for one night. 50 amp pull through site was long enough for our 40ft MH and car. Did not need to unhook car. Site was level gravel. Water/sewer and power all worked well. Wi-Fi was also good. We like to stop here as there is an on-site restaurant (delivery to MH available). They have good BBQ (brisket is very good). Service was good. We will stay here again when in the area. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $38.00

Big empty place down a steep driveway, and wouldn't you know, they decide to clump everyone together! Little did we know, they double charged us, but brought it to our attention with a refund the next day (which is why I rate service as satisfactory). We have a 41" Fifth wheel and they put us in a very tight spot facing the managers house. I could barely park my truck sideways in the spot to keep from blocking the road and was asked to move it once. What a shame they had so many empty sites and jammed everyone together. My neighbors TV didn't work due to an amplifier issue, but ours was ok. They have a small on-site restaurant that claims to have the best BBQ in New Mexico, don't believe it! It smelled good but our food had definitely been microwaved to heat it up and was nothing special. I would not stay here again. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles

Date of Stay: November, 2017 - $31.00

Easy on and off from I-40. Level sites, good cable including ESPN, good WIFI. Good overnight park. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $32.00

An older campground right on historic Route 66 in Santa Rosa, NM. Far enough from I-40 to not have noise. Owner was friendly, when I called on the phone to make a reservation for the end of October, he just took my name and said come on ahead, that there would be plenty of sites for pull-through with FHU and 30 amp. The site we got was just big enough for our 25 foot class C MH plus toad (total 44 feet). Roads and sites are all gravel, but we did not have any problems getting level. Some grass to walk the dog. We walked up to the restaurant and ate supper, and it was average to good. Gift shop attached was good, with a variety of Rt. 66 items. We would stay here again in the future. Rate for one night was $34.22 after Good Sam discount + taxes. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Check the gift shop and try the restaurant adjoining the office. Pilot Travel Center was just down the road.

Featured Campgrounds Near Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Are you affiliated with Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park ?