Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Santa Rosa, New Mexico

2136 Historic Route 66
Santa Rosa, New Mexico 88435

Ask fellow campers about "Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $32.00

Arrived with a pre-paid reservation and a problem with my electric (wouldn't work from the pedastal, needed to use the generator) They said to go to site 66 and try the electric and let them know if it worked. Pulled into site 66-trees so close I couldn't open my slides and the electric still didn't work. My wife went to talk to the owner-very rude, wouldn't work with us to move us or to put us over in back by the tents so we could use the generator. Said they didn't allow them during quiet hours but wouldn't tell her when that was. Had to leave in order to get relief. As I was maneuvering the coach out of the park my wife went to tell them that we were leaving and they could rent the space. No word on refunding our payment or asking us what they could do to help. They were too busy being rude to people on the phone and others in the office. We have camped here before but will not be coming back. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $34.00

We are full time RVers and my wife always checks campground reviews before we make a reservation. Wanting to see Blue Hole in New Mexico, we very unwisely ignored the multiple reviews to avoid the Santa Rosa Campground and RV Park thinking it couldn't be that bad. Trust me - do not ignore these reviews. Many reviewers call the owner a "bully" and we found that to be true. My wife, trying to ask him where to park our truck/fifth wheel for registration, was yelled at her for leaving the office door open and "letting in the heat". The electrical system kept shutting down. I discovered the 50 amp breaker on my campsite was defective. The owner's response was he would replace it in the morning and we could either spend the night on 30 amps or leave! With New Mexico temperatures in the 90's, we told him we would leave in the morning and I went to the office to have the rest of our reservation refunded to my credit card. A half hour later, the owner came to our campsite demanding to know why we were still there. He said he had refunded our money and we were to leave the campground immediately or he was calling the police! We are in our mid-seventies ... and with dark approaching, we had to take down and re-hitch our fifth wheel and travel to Tucumcari ... where, gratefully, we were given a site at another rv park. Our experience with Santa Rosa Campground and RV Park caused us to take our tourist dollars away from Blue Hole and we will not be returning to Santa Rosa. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Stay elsewhere -- the owner is very rude and does not care about customer service. Park layout is difficult to navigate. Unfortunately, there are not many choices in the area -- Tucumcari is about an hour east.

5 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $48.00

The WORST campground we have ever had the displeasure of staying at. Very basic park for overnighting only. No shade and perimeter of park is not gated or secure. Upon checking for reservations we had for 6 months for full hook up, was told they didn't have any full hook up. Then another person walked in after us with a reservation and was given 50 amp with full hook up. I was told well he reserved it and that this guy at the front desk "does this for a living a doesn't make mistakes". I provided the name of the person I reserved with, which also happened to be him. I was told no discount for the inconvenience, he could refund me and I could leave looking for a new place. Seriously! My husband asked that we receive some form of a discount for their mistake and was advised the manager could issue that in the morning. The manager came to our site in the morning and said we had 10 mins to leave. I wouldn't recommend you staying here as they definitely had the upper hand we could stay and pay for less than we reserved or leave. As an RVing family we should not support businesses that are dishonest and have zero customer service! We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Pull thru

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $30.00

I stayed on Easter. The office was closed and the phone message did not say this so I kept leaving messages. When I arrived two other RVs were there and not knowing which sites were open, we all went into the camp. I was going to fill out envelope when a guy who said he was the owner basically accosted me and rudely asked why I hadn't paid. I then paid him and had the envelope in my hand. I have dogs and wear a belt with the bags to clean up clearly visible. He told me to be sure and clean up and said I always do. He then told me he only liked little dogs. I was walking my dogs and he came up on a golf cart and loudly said, mam, you have to clean up after your dogs and I said I know and I do. Later I was walking on paths through tent site area which was completely empty and he came over on golf cart and said, mam get your dogs out of there. I asked if tent campers could have dogs and he just said, I said get out of there, no dogs. It was not posted as no dog walking. I am an older woman, camping by myself. He scared me. He was loud and rude. I locked my door to my RV and know I will never stay there again. In a few minutes I heard him yelling at a guy who hadn't paid yet. The man said there were no envelopes and the owner of the RV park told him he was full of sh---t. The man just quickly went into his RV to get away from the owner. When he came out I told him the owner had yelled at me too. He just said, write a review and leave in the morning and don't come back is all you can do. I have never been treated like that and have stayed in a lot of RV parks. I don't really know that this guy was the owner but he said he was. I feel like someone will get hurt if he keeps acting like that. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Featured Campgrounds Near Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $37.00

I have never been treated as rudely by anyone as the person at this campground. I had electrical trouble with campground hookups. No shade at sites and very little grass or weeds. Sites are dirt not gravel. I would not recommend this campground to stay even one night. It would be better to park on the side of the road instead. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: December, 2015 - $36.00

In some 30 years of enjoying campgrounds and parks this was surely the worst experience to date. The park has some things going for it. It's conveniently located off Route 66 and minutes from the interstate. Some sites are pull through with room to leave the tow hitched. There is an on site restaurant and small store. We came in a day after a snowstorm and I called to be sure their sites were cleared of snow. The entrance is tight for a big RV but you can get off the street. From the entrance it's down a hill to park. There was a drift with deep icy tracks on the road coming out. Manager assured us bigger rigs than ours (39 ft) had stayed the night before and gotten out easily. We walked down to look at a site and found one without much snow. By now manager was upset with us for questioning but since the highway was being closed due to accidents we really didn't have a choice. Within minutes after parking, manager came down and shut off our water before we even had time to add some to the tank. Bathrooms were closed but up the hill near the office some were open. I called and asked manager why our water was turned off. He said there was a broken pipe and a plumber was coming. He was angry and very rude. Next morning at 10, no plumber and other sites had water. There are freeze proof hydrants at each site. The path to the open restrooms was up some ice covered steps and a long walk down a thickly ice coated sidewalk. It is obvious little care is taken to clean the walks. There were only 5 other sites occupied. We would never stay here again. We should have read past the 1st two reviews. Stay at the pet friendly motel down the street where there's room to park your rig overnight. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $35.00

Upon check in at this park, we had a problem in that we were being charged for 50 amp service when we only needed 30 amp. After realizing there was a 30 amp plug at our site, I made a phone call to request a refund for the 50 amp service that we didn't need. The manager came to our site (well after dark) and was very rude and intimidating. He did end up agreeing to refund us the money - but three weeks later and the amount has never been refunded to our account. This park offers meals you can order and have delivered to your RV. We ordered the rib eye steak that was horrible. It was NOT a rib eye and whatever it was - was so full of gristle that none of us could eat it. The park itself is full of weeds and our site was not level. I don't normally write bad reviews, but feel it necessary to give fair warning to anyone wanting to camp in Santa Rosa NOT to stay at this park. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

We enjoyed visiting the Blue Hole and Joseph's Bar and Grill.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $28.00

I really don't understand how reviewers can give this park a 4 out of 5 rating? People were friendly, otherwise I would rate as less than 2. Dirt, nasty stickers, dead "grass", just bare bones for an overnight only. Could barely let our pooch out for his business. People giving high ratings are extremely generous! We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2014 - $36.00

The man at the office is very unfriendly and abrasive. The park is very old and is in need of upgrades. This includes neatness as the park is not clean or organized. The park has all dirt roads and sites and is very tight. Will not stay here again. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $33.00

This park resembles a former KOA that is now an old, poorly maintained, dust bowl. The WiFi did exist but was so slow as to be useless. The restrooms and showers were unmaintained and in very poor repair. The poor trees do not qualify as shade trees. We would never stay here again. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Truck Camper.

dok

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $32.00

On check in, the clerk spent several minutes pushing the restaurant. We tried it. Bad mistake. Overpriced, overcooked, served on a paper plate. On the plus side, service was excellent. We were told our site was a 90 ft site. We barely fit with a 40 ft motorhome and a toad. Toad rear bumper in road, RV front bumper in road. No sewer dump at site, but told that there was a community dump on the exit road. No Wi-Fi, in spite of being assured there was. Very poor TV selections, unless you like 1970's re-runs. It rained briefly. The gravel sites turned to mud sites. This place makes Wal Mart parking lots look like 5 star accommodations. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $33.00

Only stayed here one night. Not much to choose from in this area. 50 amp was good. Cable was snowy and unwatchable. We wanted to catch a football game on cable, but that didn't work. We have the air card for Internet and didn't use restrooms, so can't comment on that. Woman warned us about where we took our dog and complained about other campers. Picnic tables were in disrepair. Site was not level. I think it is overpriced and wouldn't stay here again. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2010 - $28.00

Their brochure advertises this as a 'Premier' campground. From what we saw of that area of Santa Rosa, 'Premier' might qualify, but otherwise, not. Sites are shared, meaning one RV door faces your neighbor's door. One picnic table to share. Dead trees. Some parts of the campground had been grossly neglected: dead plants and tall weeds around the shower building and tent sites. The clerk that checked us in was rude. The reservation had been made in error. I had called on the 18th to make the reservation for the 27th, but the reservation had been made for both nights; the 18th and the 27th. She tried to tell me that I had made the reservation for both dates as coming and going. I tried to explain, but she interrupted me saying, 'Well, that's what it says!' Then in her review of 'amenities' she asked if we had a dog. Yes. 'Well, the property surrounding our campground is not ours. Don't walk your dog there. If people don't start picking up after their pets, we are going to have to put up a fence.' She went through the rest of it at lightning speed, handed me my receipt (which still said the 18th) then walked away. They advertise a rate of $19.50/night. What they don't tell you about is the 'Full-Hookup-Courtesy Fee' which adds $11.03, making our actual nightly rate $28.58 (that considers the $1.95 'Courtesy Discount'). We'll scratch this campground in future travels. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: April, 2009 - $29.00

Very disappointed. Pet walk is full of glass throughout the whole path (must have previously been a shooting range) My pets paws got cut-up and a piece stuck in my walking shoes. The Restaurant that they brag about is absolutely "horrible". The corn on the cob must have been soaked and reheated many times. The ribs (which is there claim to fame) were hardly edible and I can never remember not being able to eat a baked potato, but I guess there is a first time for everything. The service was very, very, poor and the entries were $13.95 and up. If it snacks you are looking for don't go into their store, you won't find any. The shelves were bare, only 3 candies, a few incidentals the rest is junkie souvenirs. I usually would not comment and let this go, but it was so very bad... I don't want anyone else to waste their money and time. Staying at a rest area and eating a TV dinner tops this place. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2008 - $32.00

Access into the campground is tight. Roads are dirt and so are sites. Sites on south side are not level. Campground is mostly blowing dirt with a few sparce trees. Dog walk is an overgrown path through burrs and cactus. Campground offers a bar-b-que restaurant with deliver service to site. The food was not very good, not much of it, and very expensive. I would not stay here again. We camped at Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park

Are you affiliated with Santa Rosa Campground & RV Park ?