R.J. RV Park

Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico

Recent Rate: $27 4/2015

leo96150

Pros: This park is sparse but very clean. Even the permanent resident's sites are spotless. The clubhouse and laundry are also very nice. Office staff was super.

Cons: Water hookups are sunken and difficult to access. Cable was weak. Wifi was fair but usable. My biggest complaint is the site we were given, same as a previous reviewer. The pull through sites are "nose to tail". My door opened to the road, so I had to look before opening the door or stepping out. There are two "lanes" of these sites, so vehicles were driving on both sides of us and rigs parked in front and behind, so that there is no way to put out an awning, chairs, or bbq. I would not come here again, driving through TorC, there are better choices. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

rossby

Why I had to pay $27 with Good Sam discount is beyond me. It was $24 last year and nothing has change. I called a nearby park I wanted to try but they wanted $35! This park has the best shower arrangement that I have seen in many years. You can shower, with hot water, and then dress in an area that does not have standing water. They get an ATTA BOY! We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

buckingthenorm

Excellent RV park. The host made sure we were comfortable. Good hook ups, cable, and Wi-Fi. There were many long term residence here, but many seemed to be veterans who were very friendly and always stopping for a little conversation. Good area to branch out and sight see. Don't miss the Veterans memorial it was a surprise in a small town. My only reason for not giving this a 10 was the dog area. There really wasn't one. There were 2 parks close by that we were able to walk the dog at. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

rossby

This park has many long term guests and was 85% full when we stopped at 1PM. The restroom/showers rate a 10 but are not convenient for overnight on the upper level. Wi-Fi was a bit slow during the evening but adequate. Excellent cable. Easy access from I-25. Friendly staff. Another nearby park is listed under Williamsburg, NM. $24 Rate is with Good Sam discount. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

deangrimmett

Good one or two night park. Pull through was level,cable and WI-FI was good. Gravel no grass anywhere. Quiet. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

Currly

The park is very well maintained and the staff is very helpful and friendly. It is a flat stone covered lot without shade, but this is New Mexico. Will definitely stay here again. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

Arthur and Freda

Level, clean and well kept. Helpful staff. I was in the activity room which adjoins the laundry and was invited to join in "Mexican Train," that's how friendly the place was. Only one bathroom for each gender but it's spacious and clean. The wifi was really good. GPS wanted to take us round a non-existent block to approach from the other direction, but you can just turn left into it, the highway isn't divided there, only when you exit, so look for big yellow sign at entrance. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

DaveInOhio

Clean restrooms & showers and good laundry facilities enhance this basic gravel lot campground. We were welcomed, checked-in, and escorted to our spot by an extremely friendly, helpful employee. Very good value for the price, which reflects a Good Sam discount. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

gypsyish

This was a good overnight stop. The manager and all the people in the park were super friendly. I called right before showing up, around 8pm, not thinking anybody would answer, but someone did and he waited until I showed up when he knew I was on the way and was unsure how to get there. There was no password for the Wi-Fi, but unfortunately I couldn't connect for some reason. I think the signal was too weak. We went to the Riverbend Hot Springs nearby, right down the street, and it was wonderful. The hots springs have a beautiful view of the mountains and stars, and you can choose from 3 private rooms or use the public hot springs. When I called a couple days in advance about reserving one of the RV spots there at Riverbend Hot Springs, they said they only had one available hook-up (this sounded like a permanent or semi-permanent situation) and it was first-come, first served. When we got here I asked if we could just stay overnight in the RV parking lot without a hook-up (there is a small parking lot with several RV spaces across from the hot springs), they said that wasn't allowed. I think they would have called the owner to double-check, to see if I could pay a small fee to park here, but I didn't push it. There was also a fantastic restaurant (DELICIOUS!), called Bella Luca, just a few minutes from both the RV park and the hot springs. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

dreamcatchersue

This is an older campsite with several long-term residents. The site was clean and well kept and very, very quiet at night which was great after a long day travelling. The full through configuration was interesting to say the least, but we got our 63 feet in without a problem. We would over night here again. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

maninthewoods

Not much for shade. The sites are truly level. All works good. No problems with Wi-Fi. Wonderful management. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Gator67

This is a good overnight park. They haven't had rain here for almost a year, so its very dusty. The pull-thrus are easy-in, easy-out and the hookups are convenient. The personnel are very helpful. The water pressure is good. The sites are slightly off level, but not too bad. There is cell and satellite access. We'd stay here again if we were passing through. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

Dave Scott

This is an excellent choice if you are traveling in an over length rig. Very easy access from the freeway and a good turn lane into the park from Broadway. Manager leads you to your site. The park is very clean and noise free. Good dog walk. The utilities worked fine with good water pressure. We were in a 40' class A with a 20' trailer in tow. I would stay at this park again, for an overnight stay. Dusty due to gravel road and sites. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

rossby

My rate was a $21.50 Good Sam rate plus too many taxes. Good spot for an over night stay as it is easy to get to from I-25. Basic southwest RV PK with gravel and stubby trees. Wi-Fi worked great which is why I choose this one. There is a nearby RV PK that wants $30 but doesn’t have Wi-Fi. Showers were limited in number but that is not uncommon for a park that probably 90% seasonal or long term. The shower, in an individual and lockable bathroom/toilet had the appropriate mats and stools. The shower head needed maintenance as it spewed water all over the place due to a poor fitting. Under the circumstances, very cold weather, I would stay here again but in the future would like to try the park that offers hot springs. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

mamaNpapa

We stayed overnight here. Neat, clean with an older "snowbird" population. Management was very personable. We would stay here again. We camped at R.J. RV Park in a Motorhome.

Top Tips for this Campground

• Geronimo museum was great. Stop by the Visitor Center on Broadway for great advice on what to do; ghost towns and very reasonably priced hot springs.

leo96150April 2015

Are you affiliated with R.J. RV Park?