Western Sky's RV Park

Vado, New Mexico 88072

Latitude: 32.12047

• Kid Friendly Kid Friendly no
  • Restrooms Restrooms ?

Ask fellow campers about "Western Sky's RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $20.00

This place is basically a dump! It's only positive feature is it's close proximity to I-10, with easy on and off. Showers/restrooms are disgusting. My alternative is a Walmart lot, and since I will shower in my rig, no advantage in staying here! Walmart restrooms are hugely better than what we have here. I read the reviews from 2015 and nothing has changed in the past three years. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Motorhome.

A9

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $20.00

We stopped to use the dump station. No one was in the office. Called the number on the window. The lady that answered was friendly but upset that the person was not in the office. The person showed up at 930 (opens at 9) was rude and they charged 12.81 to dump. Plus you had to drive around to find a site to dump. The store/office was a mess looked like a Goodwill gone bad, or a garage sale. The kid that was running the store was a mess and had to leave the store to get change. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nearby, Very Close

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $20.00

I called ahead the morning I planned to arrive and was told there would be a site. Upon arrival I had to call the lady as she was not in the office. I asked for a site as far away from the road as possible and was told I only had 2 choices which were as close to the road as possible. There were empty sites towards the back but I presume they are not available for Passport America members to use. I'm sure others have mentioned it is very noisy from the I-10 traffic. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Motorhome.

B 1

RV park is about mid way between Las Cruces and El Paso. There is a famous Mexican restaurant named La Posta de Mesilla in Old Mesilla (Las Cruces). It has been in business since 1939. Also close to the restaurant the building still exists where Billy The Kid was tried and convicted.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $21.00

2 out of three showers were broken, One toilet was broken and there was no toilet paper in any of them. No paper towels. Unheated restrooms and laundry. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Motorhome.

A7
Concrete, Sand

Locations is good because it is halfway between El Paso and Los Cruces - about 20 minutes each way.

Featured Campgrounds Near Western Sky's RV Park

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $21.00

OK for an overnight stop. Nothing to do nearby. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Main
Sand

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $19.00

Stopped on our way east to Carlsbad Caverns. Pros: easy access from I10 with a Chevron full service truck stop nearby. Indoors there is no noticable freeway noise. PA price reflects what you get, a convenient overnight stop with no frills. Some shade. Cons: very dusty, but FHU easy to access. Most sites are are occupied by semi permanent residents but it is quiet. The park is near stop yards so the odor is quite noticable with flies abundant. The dog park is little more than a wide spot with almost no grass, but be careful of the burs that may affect the four legged friends. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $20.00

Lots of trees, good space between sites, good lengths, elect. Ok, water ok (notices on office door that water quality problems sited??). Lots of monthly but not too trashy. Very dusty, lots of flies on my visit and lots of I-10 traffic noise!. Traffic circle entry easy to miss turn, need better signage. I stayed for 2 nights by necessity. Good overnighter however. Rain might make this place a mess. Mostly level dirt/sand sites with or without picnic table. Most sites are pull throughs. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

B2
Dirt, Sand

About equally 15 mi from El Paso and Las Cruces for shopping or restaurants...

Date of Stay: April, 2017 - $21.00

Dirt roads and sites. A few trees, no activity in the center or rec room. 50 & 30 amp and FHUs with a table. All sites level, long and wide pull thrus and long enough for big rigs. Off I-10 so no freeway traffic noise. Good Verizon cell signal and 4G data and good satellite signal. No playground or store or pool. Small dirty laundry and restrooms. Office staff friendly and helpful. Not a resort but we will stay there again for an overnight. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

B3

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $20.00

We stopped only for the night. Staff is extremely pleasant and friendly. One guy complained about dust, well this is Southwest US everything and everywhere is dusty, unless you are in Walmart Parking lot. If your looking for a resort this isn't it, if your self conrained and need a stop over at a good rate join Passport America. This place is perfect for an over nighter. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Truck Camper.

A7
Just long enough for my truck camper

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $20.00

My review is based on the fact that every place else we checked in the area was more expensive and not as convenient.
Since we have a self contained unit, all we need is water, electric and sewer and a safe place to park. Western Sky is at least that. Rosa is a sweetheart and very pleasant to deal with and, it appears, is single-handedly attempting to resurrect this place. Besides sleeping, we spent very little time here, so we were not looking for a resort setting. We would stay here again because Rosa was so accommodating. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

B2
Concrete, Gravel, Dirt, Sand

One of our AC units died during our stay which resulted in us having to stay an extra week while we waited for a replacement AC.
We highly recommend Bogart's Auto & RV Service Center in Las Cruces. Our appointment was for a Friday Morning and we were back at the campsite before 3 pm. If you need anything RV related, this is a good and reliable place for service.

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $18.00

This park is about 200 ft east of the freeway and even I had some trouble sleeping through the sounds of the exhaust brakes. It is dusty. There are a ton of full timers and we did not go near the restrooms. But because we have Passport America and got it at have price it wasn't horrible. Big park so there was a lot a room to walk the dog. Beware of ticks and stickers in the paws. Some trails to the north of park but was told to watch for snakes so did not take Mac there. Good power and water was decent for showers and cooking. Use satellite and cell phone for Wi-Fi so did not use. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

4th row on west end
Concrete, Gravel

Was going to stay in Las Cruces but the wife thought it would be quieter to the south. Yeah, right. Many things to see in area. Las Cruces has a number of nice breweries and museums. New Mexico State U is located there and it offers entertainment. White Sands National Monument I north east and well worth the visit,

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $35.00

This park is run down and OLD. It claims to have free Wi-Fi and cable. The Wi-Fi is spotty at best, and the cable is 2 channels of fuzzy TV. The water made my water heater smell of cow dung for a week after I left. The bathrooms were dark and unkempt. The noise coming from I-10 kept us up most of the night. The trees will scratch your RV they are planted too close to the spaces. Concrete pads are broken and cracked, the picnic tables are rickety and broken. The whole place is a dirt lot and very dusty/dirty. NO WAY I would ever stay here again. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Nothing to do at all....

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $20.00

An older park with a stark appearance. Located close to the interstate, which marks for highway noise, but handy to access. WiFi available, but accessing it depended upon where you were parked. No amenities to speak of. An okay place to park for overnight. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Best chili rellanos (rated as "best in New Mexico" by some folks) to be found at Chopes in nearby LaMesa, NM! (Yes, they are good!) Location of RV park is just over stateline from El Paso, and that city has plenty to offer.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $20.00

Close to I-10. Too close. Traffic noise constant. Office staff somewhat helpful. No maps, rules or TV station listing. Our assigned site did not have cable. We were told we could have a cable site but it was next to the back of the office (?) and a trashy dog pen. Could find only 4 english speaking TV channels OTA. Campground is all dirt/sand/rock with small trees in most sites which are adequate in size but had to unhook toad. Electric and water are adequate. Wifi didn't work but good signals for Verizon and T-Mobile. Laundry is very disappointing. Trash in non working dryers. Only two of seven dryers are working. Good value for overnight stop at Passport America rate. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $20.00

This is a convenient park to I-10. It is a small park but water, sewer, and 50 amp power worked fine. The cable was not good and neither was the Wi-Fi. However there are beautiful views so didn't mind. We used our Verizon hot spot fine. Price was Passport America. We will return when we are traveling I-10 in New Mexico. We camped at Western Sky's RV Park in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Western Sky's RV Park

Are you affiliated with Western Sky's RV Park ?