White's City RV Park

Whites City, New Mexico

Rushmore Dr
Whites City, New Mexico 88268

Ask fellow campers about "White's City RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: October, 2018 - $21.00

We stayed here for location after visiting Carlsbad Caverns and it was fine for an overnight. RV sites were full so we just got a tent site and boondocked. It seemed many of the campers might be workers and being a weekday, was very quiet other than some road traffic. No complaints. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2018 - $41.00

Just outside Carlsbad Caverns Park. We just stayed overnight and it was ok; but is not the type of CG you want to stay in for multiple days. Did not necessarily feel safe even though there were 3 or 4 other MHs there. Sits right on the road. Located behind our area was another trailer area, but couldn't tell if it was a separate trailer park or part of this CG. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

Not a campground for the weak at heart. It is a place for fulltime oil field workers. Stay away from the showers, restrooms and laundry. This is a shoulder of the road parking lot with hookups. The only thing good is the closeness to the national park. Would not go back.. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $40.00

What makes this park is its access to Carlsbad Caverns NP - literally right outside the park entrance. There are only about 10 sites available for short-term stays. All are back-in and quite narrow, situated on an otherwise unused parking lot. But we were here to visit the caverns, not the rv park, and we found the situation to be just fine for our needs. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

P-5

Other than to visit Carlsbad Caverns NP, most of us would have little or no reason to camp in White's City.

Featured Campgrounds Near White's City RV Park

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $40.00

Campground is right on TX7 just a few miles from the entrance to Carlsbad Caverns NP and about 30 miles from Guadalupe Mountains NP which was our reason to stay there. This was an unscheduled stop and the purpose of our stay was to visit Guadalupe Mountains NP. There is a pretty good camp store, a gas station, and a nice restaurant right across the street. Other than that, there isn't anything close by. Groceries and other nice things are in the town of Carlsbad which is about 20 miles up the road. The RV park is quite large but is about fully occupied by long-term occupants who are working the very active gas fields in west Texas and surrounding area. The spots offered to folks like us were all back-in sites right off the street. The street only goes to Carlsbad NP so there isn't much traffic. These sites are quite long and full hookup but they are neither roomy or level. Overall, the park was fine and the spots were ok for just a few days. I must also say that we left earlier than planned because of a forecast of severe winds...85 mph gusts. Didn't want to deal with that. So we left two days early and stopped to let them know. They refunded our money for those two days. Excellent. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

P8

Visit both of the nearby National Parks. We had already seen Carlsbad so didn't go and would not have with the elevators out...800 stair steps. Ouch! We enjoyed Guadalupe Mountains NP and did the McCitrick trail down to the Pratt House. We are in our 60s and this was a good hike. It was a bit of a stretch for us but we really enjoyed it. It was hot! Bring plenty of water, wear good shoes, bring a hiking stick.

Date of Stay: February, 2018 - $40.00

Stayed here for the closeness to the caverns. Pretty average RV park overall. Laundry was ok. Wifi was good, stronger signal in the lower loop. Didn't use showers. Just gravel sites, full hookup. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

Carlsbad Caverns is just out the back door (10 minute drive). The caves were amazing. If you have time, make the 30 minute drive to Guadalupe Mountains National Park. The mountains were impressive, plus lots of hiking.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $40.00

The BIG plus is the closeness to Carlsbad Caverns, just up the road from the RV park. Easy back ins with hookups placed where they belong. WiFi was good, staff very helpful and friendly. Good assortment of shops including a post office on site. The showers and restroom were not so clean, we didn't use them. For where it is located we were pleased, no other RV parks are this close to the Caverns. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

Short drive to Carlsbad Caverns National Park

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $36.00

Selling point of White's City RV park is its proximity to Carlsbad Caverns. We wanted to be close to our trailer as we needed to leave our two dogs inside while we visited the Caverns. You can't beat the convenience. You are asked to stop and check in before proceeding to the park, which we did. I had read enough reviews on here that I was worried about the "old curmudgeon" so I was prepared. Not sure if it was his day off or not but the young man who checked us in was delightful! Very accommodating, friendly and fun. I was impressed. Also, having read the reviews on here, I requested a 50 amp site as I had learned they were larger. He accommodated that request without issue. Sites are close together. But I expected that. We could use our slide-out without a problem. Connections all worked fine. There were shade structures over the cement patio that were helpful. We couldn't use our awning but also didn't have to worry about it in sun or rain or wind. The upper level has a tent area and also a group area. Mostly unoccupied while we were there but I imagine it can be full of scouts, etc at times. All in all I expected something really awful and was pleasantly surprised. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

I generally suffer from claustrophobia and was reluctant to go into the cavern but once I got down there (took the elevator up and down), I was glad I did. I did not feel closed in as the "Big Room" is so expansive. It did take me a few minutes to acclimate and not constantly be aware of being several hundred feet underground. The bat flight was spectacular!

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $36.00

Run down park, tight spots, had to leave our 5th wheel way out of site to open the slide. Sewer leak in site beside ours they know about but no repairs being done. Only good thing here was close to Carlsbad caves, and we had electricity and water. Only stayed one night, if we wanted to stay longer would not be here. Bathroom had toilet, sink and shower all in one small open room. I have never seen this anywhere before. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Carlsbad Caverns are #1

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $36.00

The only reason to stay here is so that you are near Carlsbad Caverns. At $36 FHU this place is way overpriced in my opinion, but it's the only place to stay that I could find right near the Caverns. The lower area by the road has wider sites. The upper RV section has very narrow sites all right next to each other. We chose to stay in the lower area.

There are signs all over to not drive in unless you are registered. We did anyway and chose a site. The guy in the office was ticked with me for doing that, but I told him I do NOT pay for something sight unseen! There is also a HUGE area set aside for tents. There is a gravel road surrounding this enormous grassy area and I asked if we could just stay there parking our truck camper next to a site since we had no need for hookups. Even though there was only ONE tenter in this football-field sized area, I was told no. I assume that was so they could gouge us for the full $36. The restrooms are one room for each gender with toilet, sink, and shower with no place to sit except the toilet and no shower curtain so it is like one big wet bath. It was brightly lit and looked relatively clean but I passed on it. Don't know if the upper area has the same set up or not. They also have a laundry but the machines looked really old and the room was dingy, probably would do the job though. The whole place just had a rather dilapidated and unkempt look to it (especially the lower area) and it didn't help that the dumpster was covered with thousands of flies. There were areas of grass, but there were stickers among the grass so not great for the dog. If I had it to do over again I would plan differently and stay at the state park north of Carlsbad which was MUCH nicer for less than half the price. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Truck Camper.

I suggest taking the "natural entrance" to the Caverns. There is a lot to see on the way down to the "Big Room." It is long and steep, but it is paved the whole way and there are handrails and many places to stop and sit and rest on the way down. A bit tough on the knees and toes on a long downhill like that, but it was still an enjoyable adventure.

If you are not up to it, though, don't worry. The best parts are still in the Big Room which is accessible via the elevator.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $36.00

Our family of 4 from the UK has spent the last 2 months traveling the US in a car & trailer & we can say without a doubt this is the worst campsite we have stayed in to date. On arrival you must check in at the gift shop where the grumpiest man told us our site number on the lower campground for 30 amp hook ups. Our trailer is only 23ft & it was a tight squeeze into the pull through spot. Forget these sites if you have a slide out. As we got out of the van we realized that there was a large dumpster literally over flowing with rubbish that had attracted the number of flies you would expect only in a horror movie. As we glanced down we saw that the water pipe for us to connect to was lying in a large pool of human waste where the sewage pipes obviously hadn't been emptied and were over flowing. This site was not fit for human habitation. Whilst loading our family back into our truck to leave I visited the laughingly called 'facilities'. There was only one toilet which was located in the same space as the shower on a filthy concrete floor with a door that didn't lock properly.

As we had already paid for 2 nights we returned to the grumpy man in the office. He told us to move to the 50 amp pull through site behind. There was still an over flowing dumpster but no overflowing waste. The toilet block was very similar at this site to those we had seen in Alcatraz. There were 3 toilets all of which had a shower curtain instead of a door & the showers were all in a communal room with no door at all, meaning you would get to know your campers extremely well! The whole site was infested with flies and we just couldn't wait to leave. Don't give this site's owner any more money. A disgrace. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

n1

The caverns & bats were incredible but take the time to stay elsewhere and drive to see them.

hap

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $40.00

This is literally at the gateway for Carlsbad National Park == the caverns. It's easy to check in, hookup. One road in and one road out, but we had zero problems getting into/out of the park or hooking everything up. The internet worked good and the cable tv was okay and both are included. Lots of nice grassy areas if you are traveling with dogs (which we were). Very quiet park and extremely convenient if you are going to the caverns or to watch the bat flight at sunset. We would stay here again for sure. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

M3

If you arrive close to sunset, drive up to the Caverns to watch the bat flight. It is free and there are signs marking the bat flight location. It is a hike down and a hike back up so dress accordingly. ;)

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $36.00

As other reviewers have noted, the sites are tight at best. We asked for a site on the far side with 50 amp service. When we checked in, there was a bit of a sigh when I said we had a 40' motorhome with four slides. The comment was, "The manufacturers have to stop building these huge units." To that end, he put us in site #1 so there was plenty of space and we just moved over to make sure there was plenty of space between us and the site next to us. The actual pad was way too small for a 40' motor home. Recommend disconnecting the toad before heading to the site. Lots of room just past the check-in area to park and disconnect.
The bathrooms were updated, but not super clean. no towels or blow dryers for you hands at the sink. Nothing special, but since we're self contained, it was an okay place to stay. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

Asphalt, Gravel

Very convenient to the caverns. We went back the second night to watch the bat departure out of the cave at sunset. Well worth the trip. The elevators are non-functional until sometime in May, so plan on hiking in through the natural entrance. Not bad going down, but a haul going back up. Lots of places to rest along the climb out and well worth the effort.

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $36.00

This is a disgusting park, the only park close to Carlsbad Caverns. I hate it when businesses take advantage of people and this one does. It's 7 miles form the Caves, so it worked for me to leave my dogs in the motorhome, turn on the AC and go to the Caves. I was gone about 4 hours. The park has 2 levels. The upper is nicer and 50 amp only. The showers/bathrooms there are ok. The lower area had a laundry room, the most disgusting I've ever seen and the bathrooms were just gross. there is trash over flowing everywhere. The dogs hated it because of the stickers in the grass. I would try to stay in Carlsbad if you can. I regret giving money to these people. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

1 lower

For the Caverns here's a few tips. Take a flashlight. Wear a t-shirt and a long sleeve. It's 56° and 90% humidity, so you sweat. The elevators were not working, so it was a 4.5 mile trek. Wear your most comfortable walking/hiking shoes. The path is paved and steep. There are handrails most of the way. It's dark so take photos of close up stuff, the flash won't light up the entire room. Bring water and a snack to have in the rest spot in the cave. Have fun, it's really awesome!

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $36.00

As others have stated, the biggest positive going for this campground is its proximity to Carlsbad Caverns National Park.

Negatives: The sites are very tightly packed, the RV on your utilities side will be so close that if you both have slide-outs, you may need to consider how to park to avoid contact. No map is given when you check in, and as far as I recall, no information was shown on the laminated map we were shown regarding which way to pull into each site. Every other site pulls in from opposite side (so the utilities sides of each RV are next to each other). I specifically asked which driveway to use to be able to pull into our site and we were told to use the outside driveway - which would have been correct for about half of the sites, but not for the one we were assigned to. It was too tight to pull our 43' MH into our assigned spot from the middle driveway anyway, so we had to detach the toad and back in from the outside driveway. It was really hard to see the site number on the electric box from the driveway, so one of us had to get out to verify the site. The electric box is shared between two RVs, and was not marked for which belonged to which site, so when someone came into the site next to you, it was likely they would turn off your breaker (and your electricity).

Positives: nice metal awning between the door sides of each RV with picnic table underneath - shared with the RV next to you. The tent camping area on the other side of the bathhouse was very open, spacious, and empty. We camped at White's City RV Park in a Motorhome.

L1

Visit Carlsbad Caverns National Park. Even though the elevator was out and we didn't go into the cavern, we enjoyed the Visitor's Center. We got a map of the Walnut Canyon Desert Drive and enjoyed it (best for high clearance vehicles).

Featured Campgrounds Near White's City RV Park

Are you affiliated with White's City RV Park ?