Akron, New York

• Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Lake Lake yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $40.00

We we checked in we were told to pull into one of 5 sites (across from the over flowing dumpsters). We were suppose to have a pull through with full hookups. Did NOT happen! Thank goodness there were few campers as we had to pull in to our back in in order to reach water and electricity. Site was not level. Fire ring was just a charred place in the ground. Probably, because of the overflowing dumpsters the flies were abundant. Very happy it was a quick overnight. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Petting zoo was sad. This is an overnight only as far as I am concerned

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $40.00

Some of the staff, knowledgeable, most not so much. Lots of young folks working in the office that are not familiar with anything happening around the park. Non seasonal area not laid out very well at all. Some sites had to pull into (back in site) unless you have longer utility to run under the camper, no sewer, utilities placed very willy nilly all over the place. Funny thing, had one friendly neighbor tell her husband (my windows were open) that he better march up to my camper, knock on the door and tell me to unhook my electric from her site (glad he had his head on straight as no one likes a bossy WRONG neighbor.) Fire pits (burnt spots in the grass) all over the place with folks burning anything and everything (seen one fella burning broken up pallets, nails and all.) Gated with security cards. Many seasonals did not adhere to speed limit. Watched one of the maintenance-security guys do a Dukes of Hazard donut in the grass (in a car) to run off some folks that were walking on the beach (plowed sand) area after closing time (2 hours of light left.) Very good reason to break the speed barrier. I probably would not return to this park unless they tighten up a bit (a lot). Could be a decent park otherwise. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

11 I think
Other

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $38.00

We stayed for two weeks, planned; had a pull through site with water and electric. No sewer hookups; a dump station by the restroom. Also a "pump-out" service offered for $12. which we purchased. Later, found our pump handle to be broken off. The showers were fairly primitive; inconsistent water temperature. The sites are laid out haphazardly and not well defined on a large grassy/dirt area which was quite messy in the rain. Staff gave the impression of being bothered by the guests. During an evening walk, out of the campground and entering the neighborhood street, my husband was ordered back onto campground and told he was not allowed "out" and to return to his campsite. The campground had three trash dumpsters but were overflowing constantly. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

We went to several places nearby of historical interest and to Buffalo city, to Niagra Falls, and Canada. Letchworth State Park is also a day trip.

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $20.00

My family has camped here for 50 plus years . My children love going there . The excitement they have when they know we are heading there is worth all the money in the world !!

Have a great time !! We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Meadow
Fire Ring

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $15.00

This a good overnight stop park. Only have water and electric. They do have a dump station. The OTA TV channels were great, well over 20. Check in was good and we had a pull thru so it worked for us. Site was very level. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

There is a Flying J when you get off I-90 to get to the campground.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

Do Not Use GPS To Get Here! Trust me use the directions from the Campground. This is a big campground. They are spread out with seasonal and transient sites that are level and hard ground we were not in a site per say but we were a group of 2 and wanted to be together. we only need 50 amp service for the one nights stay. We didn't have to unhook since we had a large area to just pull forward and turn around to get back on the road. The service is friendly and helpful. We found this CG from Passport but the discount is only good for M,T,W only no bother to me it was the area that we need to stay for our next leg in Ohio. The CG was very helpful. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

Other

Pizza can be delivered to you site or you can eat at the Pizza joint. go left from the CG and it there at the first light you come to. the pizza was Terrific!

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $36.00

We got in on a Thursday, had a wooded spot in the back. Parked in our VERY NARROW spot right in front of our hookups and with the fire pit right at our front door on the side. We stayed for a week. We have a FOOT from the tree to the slide on either side of us.

On Friday two tents show up a foot from our slide. We go to the office and complain because not only that there are a bunch of noisy kids running around. Turns out between each RV site there are tent camping sites. The workamper in the office we RUDE about it. He said we were in THEIR spot?! We are in FRONT of our box..... with a TON of space between our box and theirs to the right. He (the work camper) said THEY don't mind that WE are in THEIR spot?!

Then he comes to our RV at 9pm at night trying to show us what he is talking about then blames the tight spot on the fact older RVs didn't have slides. He tries to say we parked crooked (we didn't), then says if we had an issue we should have said something when we pulled in. We didn't KNOW they allowed tents between RV spots. There is plenty of room between RV spots.

Then the lady at the front gate got rude with my husband because I took down the hang tag on our car, while we are out of the campground, I don't need people knowing where we are staying. It's a safety hazard.

Then since there are no sewer hook-ups we paid the $11 to have our tanks emptied. The guy pumps the black tanks and then lets the grey tanks empty ON THE GROUND. Gross! Regardless of state rules if I PAY you to dump both my tanks I don't expect one to go on the ground and now have to deal with the smell and mess in our campsite.

The bath house didn't have tile just the tile batting.

STAY FAR AWAY! We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Site number 121

Find another campground.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $18.00

OK for our 2-night stay. E/W hookups were good but on the wrong side. Site #12 was long enough to unhitch and was level. Office staff was friendly and helpful. However...we felt that this once upscale park needs maintenance as it looks very shabby and on the hairy edge of falling apart. The petting zoo is in name only. The three dumpsters were overflowing with garbage and large bags were piled around each one and in the small pickup next to them...a sanitation problem for sure!!! Many permanents are workers who are adding construction debris. Got the feeling that management tolerates overnighters but panders to the regulars who are paying their bills. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $18.00

The sites are level and the electric and water are centrally located. There is no sewer but they do have a dump station. The Wi-Fi comes and goes and is not very reliable. This park is also a heavy day use park, quite crowded on the weekends. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

This is located so that you can easily do a day trip to Niagara Falls.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $28.00

Place was a Dump. Only one real restroom/shower room and two showers. Other restroom near beach was filthy. Two showers, but you have to press them every 2 seconds for a drizzle of cold water to come out. Porta potties elsewhere, and they were overflowing and Stunk. Management was very unpleasant and when you walked into the office/store, acted like you were inconveniencing them. I was very disturbed when I watched them treat some families with young children very badly when they had a lot of property stolen from their campsite. Hang onto your items! I left my sunglasses behind in the restroom for a split second and by the time I went to get them, they'd already been swiped. Also, a family next to me had their Coleman camp lantern stolen off their picnic table. No visible security or patrols. There was no slide in the water, as promoted. The beach sand was gray and smelled bad. Very tiny beach area, and outside the ropes the water was so slimy and gross. The ropes were coated with slime. Picnic tables at the beach, but they were wall dirty. Looks like no one is cleaning at this place. Fire ring was a dirt pit. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Tent.

dead end loop
Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $32.00

We only stayed overnight, but we certainly could have stayed longer. This is a very large gated campground with well over 200 RV sites plus cabins and tenting. They have scheduled activities mostly on Saturdays, fish fry and BINGO on Fridays. Owners are friendly and helpful. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

9 by the entrance

This park has so many activities you wouldn't need to leave. But there are many local attractions too. See the llama at the petting zoo next to the gate. Look for turtles at the lake. There's a store at the check-in station.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $19.00

We're full-timers, been on the road for four years, and have been to hundreds of parks. This park seems to have received some rather neutral remarks, but I have no idea why. It's quite nice, level gravel space with grass on either side, spacious, grassy with trees, a lake to walk around, very bikeable, fast Wi-Fi, 50 amp. No sewer, but there is a dump station. I'd come back anytime I was in the area, especially for the $19 Passport America rate. Highly recommended. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $30.00

This is OK for an overnight but I would not want to stay more than that. Check in was easy and getting to our spot was easy. The showers and bathrooms were clean but needing repairs. There seemed to be a lot of permanent RV. They have great play area for kids and a petting zoo. I might stay here again overnight but not for long term. It was a little difficult to get there from the interstate, but it is beautiful country. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $40.00

It was a seasonal campground. Only a few overnight spots. Quite a convoluted route off turnpike. Somewhat run down. Nothing special. Would not go again. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $28.00

Stayed here two weeks while working in Lancaster. Sites for transients are hard gravel and flat. Pull-through and back-in sites available. Hook-up is limited to water, 30/50amp power, no sewer. Dump sites available. Had to move sites to get satellite TV, trees blocking signal (watch the power lines). Campground is very busy at weekends. The field fills up on a Friday night and empties Sunday afternoon. The campground is quiet except for the occasional distant train. Recommend the village of Alden four miles South, also the Res. six miles South on Crittenden. "The Alligator" on the corner of Genesee and Crittenden serves beer and pizza. We camped at Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Sleepy Hollow Lake Campground ?