Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge

Recent Rate: $32 7/2016

• ATT Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT
  • Cable or Satellite TV Hookup Cable or Satellite TV Hookup ?
  • Phone Phone ?
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes
  • Pond Pond yes

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $32.00

This campground is located at the southern edge of the Adirondack Mountains, surrounded by farmland. It is owned and operated by a very nice couple. It has mostly shaded sites with a few out in the open. The driveways are gravel and site pads are mostly grass. We had a large back in site with 30 amp electric full hookups. There is a bath house and laundry that were kept clean. They offer free WiFi but it is available only near the office. Since we were there over the 4th of July weekend, the campground was almost full with lots of families (and lots of barking dogs) but it was a generally positive and friendly experience. AT&T signal strength here was -93 dBm, good. We paid $32 per night. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $19.00

Tough campground to rate. At times if felt cliquish. Most of the campers know each other and it felt to me that you really have to stay a couple or so months or perhaps seasons to fit in.

The lady at the office while very friendly seemed somewhat passive aggressive about many things. On one hand she wasn't sure we could stay past 2 wks using the PA rate as there was a chance we would be forced to move when the time came for other campers, but when the time came, almost no one would show up because of alleged cancellations, thus we were allowed to stay past 2wks at a PA rate. I wish she was a little more upfront with her rates policy as their website says nothing about how long one can stay using the PA rate. Even so, we were allowed to stay nearly a month at the PA rate. She mentioned in passing other campgrounds we could try when I went up to the office to pay for another week. Perhaps a passive aggressive way of hinting to us to move on. Even so she allowed us to pay late many times, without a word or care, which seemed odd, but it's their laid back kind of way.

The recreational center was free with a ton of toys. They have a nice lounge with all kinds of movies and books. Nice store. Wifi is good at the Rec room and ok in the first 5 or so spots by an open field.

They have over 3 miles of nature trails and almost no light pollution making wonderful star gazing. One can hear all kinds of animal sounds at night. It's a very quiet campground, even on the weekends. Not many kids but some of which are seasonal or rent by the month. Our kids enjoyed playing with 3 girls that rent by the month, and were not happy to leave them.

Overall the place is laid back, but felt a little cliquish to me. Like a unique community. I liked it, I didn't like it at times. It was weird and unique all at the same time. I would visit again, even if I'm not sure they would want me to visit again. But I think they would. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Motorhome.

Adirondack park is about 1 mile away. The campground merges into the Adirondack park. Awesome stargazing. Lots of trails. Tons of wildlife. Many toads.

Don't bring a fishing pole as the campground's ponds appear dead fish wise.

Weekly wagon rides.

No Verizon Wireless 4g or 3g signal except on rare occasions.

Grocery stores are far away.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $35.00

Passport America-but only on weekdays. It is a narrow road leading up to the campground, but no problem. We came in a hour earlier than check in and the manager was very unhappy about this and made sure we knew it. The campground has several distinct areas for camping. Some areas are in the trees and the sites are very close together. The area we were in was more like an open field of grass. The sites around us were very large, definitely set up for the larger rigs. We were thankful to be in this area. There was plenty of room in the site for the truck, 5th wheel and jeep. There are gravel and dirt roads through the campground and they were not well maintained. Each site had a picnic table. Pool was cold and very small. We were able to get Verizon signal using a booster-nothing without the booster. Good DirecTV satellite signal because we were in the area outside the trees. Nothing great, but it is a fine place to stop and rest for a few days. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $14.00

A screaming deal at the Passport America rate. Nice enough park, lots of grass and trees. The park seemed to cater to families with small children, and they were all having the time of their lives. There were a few really junky looking places of long term residents, and some rough and rude people in one of those places near where I was camped. I ended up way in the back, having asked for water and electric only. I was just able to get my 27 foot trailer back there, and it was quite tricky to park. Had I known better, I would have paid the extra two dollars a night for a sewer hookup, since I would have gotten a better parking place up front. The spot I was in was very unlevel, and so covered with trees that I had to keep the lights on inside any time I was in the trailer. The trees were no more than a foot over my trailer, which is 11'8" high. Also, to get back to that area, I had to drive through an area where I was brushing the tops of some trees. On the flip side of that, if it had been hot out, that probably would have been a nice cool place to camp. The owners were friendly, but the lady was not too knowledgeable. She told me there was no Wi-Fi , but there was. She showed me my spot on a map, and advised me that the best way to get in there was to back around a corner, then keep backing in the opposite direction onto the site. I did not do that, and don't believe it would have been the best way in there. I only found one dumpster near the entrance, so that was about a quarter mile walk from where I was camped. There is a driving range right on the grounds, and they even have clubs to borrow. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $15.00

We stayed here 2 nights on our way to Burlington, VT. The owners were very friendly and we enjoyed talking to them. Nothing fancy but still very nice and quiet. Site was pretty level and plenty big. We had a pull through site. Both evenings the owner took off in his ultralight plane and I enjoyed watching that. The WiFi hotspot is located up by the office and did not reach down to the campground where we were located. We would stay here again. Rate was Coast to Coast Rate. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $19.00

This park for us is a gem!! Nineteen at night is with PA discount and also included $3 additional for 50 amps. It's 20 plus miles of the NY thruway. I was only going to stay a night and did not want to make the trip, but when we got there we stayed for 2 nights, I would have stayed more if we had the time, the campground is up very high. Our site overlooks the Adirondacks Mountains, site 50. We are kind of in a field with full hookups along with about 8 other sites. I wanted an open site for satellite. We also have a 43 foot motorhome, The owners are very nice and very hard working. The campground is well kept and is over 160 acres. They have a pool, small rec room with a pool table, large open fields, fire pits and a golf driving range! This place is out in the middle of no place and is very peaceful. A really nice country campground. I am a bit concerned here in the field if it rains a lot about getting stuck, but that has not happened! And we are very happy we came here. O ya, NY kills you with there 8% sales taxes and tolls. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $16.00

Park was well maintained with good family activities, a game room and a driving range. Owners were very active within the campground. Roads are dirt but well maintained. Sites are large grass pads and relatively level. The Wi-Fi was only good in the front campsites; otherwise you had to go to the game room for good reception We would camp there again. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $19.00

A little off the beaten path, but fine for several area attractions. Lots of seasonals, but well maintained and very friendly. Good flat pull through site. Stayed 4 days, and would definitely go back. Rate is PA. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2012 - $29.00

This campground is located in the fields and new-growth woods of a former farm. Several pull-through sites have been added recently, but have several problems. First, they are located in an open area that could become very hot in the summer sun. In addition, they are situated adjacent to the only entry road to the rest of the campground where about half of the sites are occupied by seasonal campers. So expect plenty of traffic past your site if you select one of these. It appears that not a great deal of thought went into the design and placement of these sites. The rate shown includes a 10% FMCA discount and is for 30-amp power. 50-amp is $3 per night additional. There is very spotty Verizon cell service, but I was to obtain a good Verizon broadband connection. There are a few over-the-air TV channels available, but satellite reception should be very good. Not a great stop, but okay for an overnight stay. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $30.00

Rate is based on a weekly stay. We loved this campground and the owners. Nice long pull-through, perfect for our 60' long rig. Only reason it's not a ten is no cell/air card (Verizon) and the Wi-Fi was only up in the office area. We would definitely stay again...we rode our motorcycles every day, great area for riding, just south of the Adirondacks. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $15.00

This campground is located out in the country with the rolling hills and woods. There were a few deer and many wild turkeys around. The sites are generous in size. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They offer laundry facilities, a lounge area with library, TV, and a couple of game tables. (Wi-Fi is available in the lounge only.) The bathhouse was adequate, but since we were the only campers there at the time, I believe the restrooms would have been better maintained had they been busier. The bathhouse was not heated, but there was plenty of hot water. The price we paid was with the PA discount. We would stay here again if passing through. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $30.00

Very quiet with that "Adirondack Feeling." Site was level with good electric and sewer hookups. Fun hiking down to the small ponds and lean-to. Had fun on the driving range. Nice look out over the mountains. Pool was small but solar heated and nice. Bathrooms/Showers were clean. Owner was nice. Hayride for kids. Rec Room could use some straightening up, but had a nice pool and Ping Pong table. Small store. Entrance could use some sprucing up for curb appeal. I would camp here again. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $33.00

What can you say about a park that cuts a couple of trees down to make sure there is plenty of room for your rig? We liked this park so much, we extended our stay. This isn't an RV resort. It is a lovely, quiet, quaint campground, with owners who go out of their way to make sure your visit a pleasant one. When they found out that the dryer wasn't working properly, a new one was delivered and set up the very next day. The owner even helped my husband work on our RV. The park has a nice pool and game room. Unfortunately while we were there, some unsupervised children trashed the game room. While they quietly repaired the damage, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't require that children be supervised (as they should be). We selected this park to see that side of the Adirondacks and to visit the Herkimer Diamond mines. You can find places closer to these areas, but I doubt you'd find quieter or nicer. We'd stay here again in a minute. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $17.00

Stayed here a week. Used Passport America. Has a golf driving range, pool table, ping pong table. Rental of a trailer and cabin. Bed and Breakfast rooms at the lodge and an apartment. No credit cards are accepted. Cash or checks only. Very quiet. Has hiking trails back in the woods. Easy in and out with a HDT and 35 ft trailer. Does have some campfire smoke from other campers, low branches that need to be cut back. No cell phone reception with Verizon. We camped at Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge in a Fifth Wheel.

1000 Islands Campground

Clayton, New York

Lazy K RV Ranch

Cleveland, New York

Are you affiliated with Adirondack Gateway Campground and Lodge?