3.3 Poor

Elevation: 841' (approximate)
  • Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • ATT Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $40.00

Steep hiils, narrow roads, muddy low water pressure. We camped at Conesus Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Other

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Correct all of the above

Date of Stay: April, 2012 - $35.00

This park is built on the side of a hill. It is steep to enter and exit. Bring a lot of lumber for leveling. There are old decks alongside trailers that are falling down. It is 50 years old and it looks it. There have been no improvements to the sites at all. If you have a rig over 30' do not even bother. Sites are not deep enough to handle rigs built today. Buildings at the park are in need of improvement and remodeling. It is an RV park trying to be a mobile home park. We would never stay here again. We camped at Conesus Lake Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $80.00

This would have been a great vacation if the staff wasn't so rude! I stayed in a rented RV that was on their site for 2 nights, with my Husband and Son. The lights and outlets in the Kitchen did not work and we asked for it to be fixed 3 times. Finally on the last day they decided to come and fix it as we were packing to go home. When we arrived, the camper was somewhat clean but still I cleaned everything before unpacking. Before I left I cleaned the counters, brought the trash down, cleaned the bathroom and swept the deck and inside of the camper. The first Friday night there was a huge fight with a group of people a couple of sites down and they were screaming, swearing and the guy actually punched the windshield of a car and broke it. We had 2-4 year old kids with us. Nothing was done about that because they were there all weekend! My family also came up for the day, went shopping in the store and paid $3 per person to stay for the day and they were also very rude to them. They asked them more than once if they were staying the night and they said no, they were just there to have dinner and go swimming. It seemed as if they didn't believe them and that they were going to try and stay the night without paying the $6 fee! They left at around 9pm and had mentioned how rude the lady was in the office/store. When we took the kids to the pool we were not allowed to jump, splash, talk loud, through any kind of balls, basically you were only allowed to stand in the pool! The life guard told the kids to stop 3 times and they were just laughing loud. I usually never complain but this time I really feel that people should know what they are getting into before camping here. My family and I go camping at least twice a month and I have never met more rude people. I feel that if you own a business you should treat your customers a lot better, especially when they are spending a lot of money. I even tried to compliment them on the store and she wouldn't even look at me or respond. To me this was not a family campground. We felt uncomfortable even going into the store because of how we were treated. I will NEVER go camping here again. We camped at Conesus Lake Campground in a Campground Cabin.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $33.00

Like the other comments on this site, the campground is very steep. We walked down to the store and the other playground, and then had to walk back up. This was not too fun. Our site was up at the top of the park. Overall, I didn't have a problem getting my hybrid trailer up here. I pull it with a V8 Grand Cherokee. My 3 year old son really liked playing at the playground area. The pool was nice and clean. We were close enough that we just walked down there, so we didn't deal with parking. The few interactions that we had with the staff were pleasant and the camp store was well stocked like others said. I had to ask where the dump station was as it wasn't clearly marked. As for leaving, I put the truck in 4 wheel drive low range, and drive 1, and just idled down the hill. But like others said, it is really steep, and I could see your truck brakes heating up when heading down the hill. We camped at Conesus Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $37.00

As others have commented, there is a steep hill to enter/exit the campground but our 21' trailer posed no problem. We did not find the staff particularly friendly or welcoming. The campground needs updating. The site we had was smaller and lacked privacy; however, we did have a little view of the lake which is located across the street. There is another campground down the street called South Shore which looked in worse condition than this one. We camped at Conesus Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2006 - $35.00

On the positive notes. The camp ground was very clean. The campground store was well stocked. Both with food and RV supplies. The owners of the campground were polite and knowledgeable of the area. The swimming pool was nice. The campground had access to Conesus Lake. The Campground is located across the street from Conesus Lake. Negative Notes. This is the steepest campground I have ever been in, seen or heard of. The entrance road to the campground has a slope that must be close to a 25 degree grade. I used 4WD to get up. Once up this grade and in front of the office to check in you are still on a steep hill. There are very few transient sites. 90% of the sites are seasonal rigs. The remaining sites are small. All the sites are basically ledges terraced into a the steep hillside. My 27 foot TT took up my entire site. My slide out hung over my neighbors site. the end of my slide was close to six feet in the air. The site on one side of me was 3 feet higher and the other side 3 feet lower. 2/3 of the way up the hill is the pool. It is located in a large steel building. There is limited parking in the pool area. Further up the hill (where the road gets steeper!) are located the tent and travel trailer sites. I saw water and electric hookups there. Leaving this area (the road loops and is one way) the slope was approximately 30 degrees. This road was marked with numerous skid marks. Leaving the campground was no easy matter. At the base of the driveway where it levels off is marked by gouges from RVs scraping bottom. As I stated before the campground is directly across the entrance from Conesus Lake. If one's brakes were to fail or if someone was to slip coming down that entrance it is a 20 foot drop to the Lake and there is nothing to stop you. The electric power was unsteady. I attributed this to the extreme heat and number of RVs running electricity. However volt droppage was sufficient to interfere with the operation of the refrigerator. Conesus Lake itself has only one public beach located about 5 miles away. The lake was full of algae and stank. Swimming/diving from the Campground's docks is prohibited. If I had a tent or tent trailer, a stout vehicle with a strong transmission I imagine staying at the top of the hill would be quite pleasant. The seasonal people loved this campground. However, I spoke with people from 5 other rigs who, like us were there for the weekend and none of us will be returning to Conesus Lake Campground. We camped at Conesus Lake Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Conesus Lake Campground ?