Camp Waubeeka Family Campground

Recent Rate: $30 7/2013

Longitude: -73.547720273819

• yes-lake Waterfront

Landeetwo

This campground is in need of a lot of updates. There are a lot of seasonal units but most of them are well kept. They have minimal activities on weekends for children. Swimming is in a lake that is not very clean. Store is minimally stocked. A pass card is required to gain entrance through the gate with a deposit required for the card. Guests are charged $8. per day to visit. Overall tired looking and unkempt. However there are plenty of sites available and the power and wifi (which costs extra) are excellent. We would probably not stay here again as there are nicer options in the area. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Pegbag

While this park does not have laundry facilities (there is a public one just over a mile away) it has so many other positive features that it is a great place to stay. Planned activities, lots of family oriented things going on, takeaway food available at a reasonable cost, and it is very family friendly. The managers and staff were extremely helpful and very friendly. We would definitely stay here again. We stayed three nights and the price reflects an October special for Passport America members. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

LisaandSteve

Did not stay here, rode through to see campground and decided not to stay due to site are small and really close to each other. No in ground pool and grounds did not look well kept or clean. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

rncordy

We gave this campground a relatively high rating because we had a comfortable, level, quiet, grassy site with fire ring, picnic table, excellent cable TV, and our Verizon phone/wireless worked fine. But the campground Wi-Fi seems to only work at the office/rec hall. It is old and some upgrades are needed (e.g. the cable TV connections at our first assigned site were missing.) The staff (4 different contacts) were mostly incompetent and very slow at their job but not unfriendly. We used this site to recoup from a cross country trip, do some grocery shopping and make a day trip to Albany. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

ecct4campers

We have camped here many times but this year will probably be our last. Sites were not ready for us even though we had booked well in advance. Pond not very clean. Staff not very available (i.e., in the office). Store not stocked with supplies (camping or food). Game room OK. Activities OK. Morgan RV does offer good deals (e.g., $19/night to book weekend before Memorial Day if booking Memorial Day as well). We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

suprz

Where do I start?! We came here because we have a group of friends in the tri-state area and we always camp together on Memorial Day weekend. This campground is the absolute worst campground I have ever been at! The bathrooms consisted of two hollowed out, 5 gallon buckets with toilet seats, with no divider for any kind of privacy, and they emptied into a pit! They were so close to each other, you could have easily played cards with anyone that was sitting next to you! While this might be acceptable at a rustic or state campground, this certainly was not worth the money we paid to stay at a "RV Resort." There were other bathrooms, one at the safari field which was boarded shut, and then there was the only real bathroom which consisted of 5 individual shower/bathrooms that were never cleaned, and always had a line of 12 people or more waiting at them. The A-frame cabins that some people in our party booked and paid over 100 per night for, had not been cleaned, had no propane for the stoves, and did not have screens on the windows. My "Premium" site which I was told had electric, water, cable and sewer, had only water and electric, and a ripped up and torn cable line sitting by the electrical hookup. I could not find any sewer connection. I asked at the front office and was told by an employee that the site had one, but I probably just couldn't see it. I didn't know I was supposed to look for one! She said it may have been covered over. Then there is the final straw that made me leave a day early. Saturday night around 8:00pm, someone drives up to a tree outside of my site and stapled a flyer which stated, "Please boil water until 5/31/2011, sorry for the inconvenience." We have a water filter on our trailer, but had been using the water to brush our teeth, wash up and do our dishes since we arrived on Friday! When we asked an employee about the sign, she said she didn't know what was wrong with the water, but not to drink it. This was the only sign in the entire area I was in! This place was supposedly taken over by Morgan RV Resorts in 2008. If it was, they sure haven't done anything to fix it up! If they have, I would hate to see what it looked like before. Do yourself a favor and stay away from this place! If you must visit Copake, there is a very nice KOA about a mile from this campground: it is very nice. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Tent Trailer.

mdcamping

Shade is scarce on the limited transient sites at this campground, seems most of the shaded sites are taken by seasonals. This is a mostly seasonal campground but noticed seasonal sites/campers were well maintained. Geography of campground is mostly level with decently graded roads. Wi-Fi and cell phone was spotty. Our water pressure, power and sewer connection was okay. Sites seemed good size and easy to get into. Some of the bathrooms were dated. Staff was professional and friendly. Campground could use a pool. Overall we enjoyed this campground. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Thom Lanphear

We stayed at this campground last year as our 1st place with our new camper and really liked the place. We heard last year that they had been purchased by Morgan Campgrounds(?). We thought they were going to make improvements. While it appears they are we found that each time we have gone back it becomes more about the money. We took our daughter and boyfriend with us this past weekend only to find out it is $15 per extra person per night plus $10 for the car. Well for us it was only $35 when we added the kids it was another $35 dollars to be at our site. If I had realized that I would have just gotten their own site it was the same price. When I mentioned that it seemed expensive for the guest the girl said yeah, I said it doesn't seem like you care to which she replied no. Well I think that is my last visit there. For 4 of us it was $140 dollars. I spent a week and a half at the Saugerties KOA and it only cost me $350. They also seemed just to be more concerned about money. The internet is $1, while that certainly isn't excessive but why charge $1? We had thought about getting a seasonal there next year but it seems like it is all about money now. We noticed it towards the end of last year when we stayed a couple of times. Sorry Waubeeka you lost a couple of regulars. They even sent out that you couldn't use your air conditioning even if you had a 50 amp site we had a 30 but my brother in law had a 50 amp and when he got his email confirmation it said no AC during the month of July well that is when you need it. It was in the 90's both days this past weekend. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Outlaw

Specified cable TV and AC site. Did not receive either. Was told AC not available in July. When I asked about the cable TV hookup after I was all set up attendant just shrugged her shoulders and walked away. Two night stay for 2 adults and 3 children was $80 when I told them I had no children but brought 2 adult guests I was charged $60 for them to stay two nights. This Campground was recently taken over by Morgan Resorts. How much control over things in this particular campground they have I am not sure. But most of the staff was rude and did not care. A few were friendly but I did not have direct dealings with them. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

susie-q

We stayed here one night. Many seasonals. The bathroom and shower in the area where our site was were very rustic. Would forgo a shower before I would ever use it. The workers were pleasant. Would probably not return. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Dennis C

Camp Waubeeka is a fun family campground with lots of activities for all ages. It is what you would expect a campground in the Northeast to look like. The store and game room are located in a beautiful, rustic log cabin. This is a great campground for the family. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Chris Schlenker

My family and I found this campground to be very nice. It's absolutely true that the owners, managers, and staff are very friendly and willing to go the extra mile for you. The owner was in the office at the time I had arrived and overheard my conversation with the staff as I was checking in. We were discussing the length of my camper as compared to the site I had reserved. The owner offered an alternate site that he thought I might like better and offered to take me to both sites to allow me to decide for myself. As it turned out, the site he offered was, in our opinion, one of the best full hookup sites on the property. Throughout our stay, the staff continued to go the extra mile; one staff member, performing his regular duties, passed us by and returned a couple of minutes later to hand us an agenda for their planned activities. Overall, the friendliness of the owners and staff and the campground itself make this a great place to camp and have fun. We look forward to staying at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground again. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Rawhide

We absolutely fell in love with this campground from the minute we pulled up to the gate. Everyone we met went out of their way to make us feel welcome. This campground offers more activities than one can do in a weekend, and the hardest decision was deciding on which activity to do. The clubhouse/game room is top notch with plenty to do indoors if it rains. We will be returning quite frequently to this campground. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

ijuba75

Camped overnight while coming through the area. Very nice feel and facilities. New ownership within the last 3 years has added many improvements according to the very fiendly seasonals present. This campground has a "summer camp" feel to it as it was a Boy Scouts Camp for many years (est. 1923). Friendly and helpful staff along with a beautiful setting. We will camp here again if in the area. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Mom5boys

This campground has a lot going for it. Every staff member we met was professional, courteous, and friendly. The owner and manager are on site and easy to find if you need them. The manager escorted to us our site, which in another campground, probably would have been made into 2 sites. Nice playground, basketball court, sand volleyball court, soccer field, and ball field. A big perk ... there is also a city park which you can access from the campground that had additional ball fields, which my sons loved. One of the best-equipped game rooms we've seen at a campground. Activities for adults and kids. The grounds are kept very clean, and quiet time rules were enforced. The seasonal campers were all very nice and went out of their way to be helpful. The fishing pond was well-stocked, and my 6 year old caught a nice-sized catfish. Free WiFi at your site. Very affordable rates. On the negative side, they need a pool. There is a very small beach area on the pond, but more geared for little kids. The bathrooms are primitive - outhouses for the most part (but they were clean). However, I would not have been happy if I didn't have a bathroom in my camper. The manager said the owner will start construction on modern bath facilities this summer, and a pool is also in the future plan. Cable is also being installed on some sites. I would be a frequent visitor once these improvements are made. We camped at Camp Waubeeka Family Campground in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Camp Waubeeka Family Campground?