This Campground has been claimed.
Questions? Contact support.

Copake KOA

Recent Rate: $62 8/2014

• Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Meeting Rooms Meeting Rooms no
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • Ping Pong Ping Pong yes

Mike Pam D

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $62.00

It is a difficult park to review in that in some respects it was very nice where in others it was strange. I felt as if I was "nickeled and dimed" more than I usually am at a campground. Wi-Fi was only for 2 consecutive hours without a hefty surcharge and even after paying on one occasion, the service was spotty. The hot water service in the showers are a pain in the rear end (there are not enough for that size campground either), especially when considering what they charge. The pool times are also pretty tight for the middle of summer. However, the campground is clean, the owners live there, and given how clean and together the campground looks, they seem to work hard. In short, given the price I payed for less than a week's stay, I feel as I did not quite get enough for the premium dollars I paid. We camped at Copake KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Doug156

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $70.00

Like this campground. Very nice sites. The Wi-Fi is really silly the way you have to pay and the "two hours free time". Also loads of seasonals and their golf carts. We camped at Copake KOA in a Motorhome.

Dave51

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $62.00

Rate is average rate over an 11 night stay and includes KOA 10% discount. The rate also included special rates for weekend, holiday (4th of July) and special event (fireworks display). This is a nice campground to use as a home base when visiting the Hudson Valley area. Full hookups including cable. Wi-Fi is free for only one connection per day with a 2-hour limit. It is $5/day for full Wi-Fi access. Owners are quite friendly and helpful. Laundry was $2.25 per wash load and dryer load. Several of the dryers were inefficient and did not do a good job of drying. We will stay here again to visit family in the area. We camped at Copake KOA in a Motorhome.

olddeadhead

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $40.00

Absolutely wonderful KOA. Grounds were well maintained. Facilities clean and up to date. High marks for availability, attentiveness and helpfulness of staff. Camped for 5 nights in early July 2014. Would definitely stay here again and highly recommend. We camped at Copake KOA in a Travel Trailer.

wisewoman

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $40.00

This is a very well maintained RV park and great care is made to keep it that way. There are a lot of permanent sites but most of them are located in the outer perimeter in more wooded areas. Each site was very level with lots of room to spread out. When you check in you are taken via golf cart to your site and shown where to pull or back in. Lovely pool, very clean. Many planned activities on weekends and holidays. Be aware that you are only allowed 2 hours/day on the wifi. Once you signed on -- even if for only 20 minutes -- your time was gone for that 24 hrs. Would definitely camp here again. We camped at Copake KOA in a Motorhome.

Doug156

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $65.00

Nothing about this campground we didn't like. Very nice place and we will be back. We camped at Copake KOA in a Motorhome.

Jackson W

Date of Stay: August, 2013 - $55.00

Rate is KOA Value Card rate. Seems although there is a lot to do at this campground. We were assigned a site in the T section --- no shade at all and grassy site which is likely to be soggy or muddy when it rains. Office staff was nice. Security looks to be great. Difficult to get to when traveling north on I-81 unless you connect with I-90 and then take Route 22 which is a two lane road into Copake. Facility offers themed weekends which seems to go over well with campers. We camped at Copake KOA in a Motorhome.

Iowa Family

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $62.00

The staff was friendly and helpful. They helped us to our site. Since the site was really level, we were able to leave our trailer connected. When we departed they filled our propane tank quickly for us. We camped at Copake KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Danno

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $56.00

Outstanding KOA--Founders Award winner given to top 10% of KOAs. They have everything--plenty of stuff for the kids to do, a variety of sites, activities on weekends, cable, WiFi, well stocked camp store & more. The weekend I was there they had a live band and the campground was full with families. My only complaints are there is not much nearby and the KOA is pricy, charging even more on weekends. This KOA is a destination campground. Weak ATT data signal, moderate Verizon data signal. We camped at Copake KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

stroza

Date of Stay: May, 2013 - $60.00

This is our 2nd stay here. The people are so nice, and the sites are pretty big. I would say that 80% of the sites are very level, and the others are nothing that is too bad. The campground is VERY well kept, all the lawns mowed, never see a paper or anything on the ground. We are coming again at the end of June for another weekend, and probably again before the end of the season! Actually, we are seriously thinking of getting a seasonal site here for next year!! You won't go wrong staying at the Copake KOA!!! On the border of Connecticut & Massachusetts in New York, so lots to do in the area! We camped at Copake KOA in a Motorhome.

ellasmom

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $45.00

Haven't been here in awhile. Love this park. Spotlessly clean, super friendly staff. Wi-fi and 50amp electric at every site. Gets better and better infrastructure wise every time we come. This family owned parked loves what they do and it shows. Great people. Great actvities. Great Park. We camped at Copake KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

EricandAlice

Date of Stay: September, 2012 - $45.00

The park is well maintained. There are many large spaces (and some not so large). The spaces could be a bit rutted but were generally flat. Overall, not a bad campground but a bit pricy. My main complaint was with the lady that owned it. Had a few incidences: 1. When we got there we requested that we see the site first so we could verify it would fit our 40' rig and to figure out the best approach. She wouldn't let us and said it would fit and it was the only space they had. Also we would not need to see the approach as their helpers would guide us completely. I relented, we got to the spot and it was too small. After having 3 of their helpers try for 15 minutes to get our rig in around the trees they called up and told her they were moving me to a bigger spot. The new spot worked great. But the issue could have been avoided had they let us walk the site first. When I asked about their "no more spots" statements they said everybody says they have a 40' rig even if they don't. So if they think they can get you on a smaller spot then basically the bigger spot is not available for you. So they did have other spots (many in fact). They just thought they could cram my 40' rig on a small one. 2. My second issue was I had a friend who was moving to Albany with his dad and wanted to stop by and see our rig. I told the lady he would only be there for an hour or less. She still wanted to charge my $14 for my friend to stop by my rig quickly. Seems she could have had a little more leeway so I wouldn't feel so nickel and dime. 3. My final issue was my cat disappeared about an hour before check-out time. Although I was pretty sure the cat was in the rig I didn't want to leave just-in-case. Also I didn't want to risk her getting caught in the slides. I told the lady that we might run a bit past our checkout time to find our cat (she is hard to find). The extent of her sympathy was that she would only charge me for half-a-day if I didn't stay the following night but did stay after checkout. More nickel and dimes. We camped at Copake KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

botz723

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $67.00

Unbelievably beautiful. We parked in the big open pull through area across from the pavilion. The staff was awesome, the grounds are well kept. This weekend there was a band playing and they too were amazing. The night sky view from this campground is stunning. We will definitely be returning. In fact we already booked. See you then. We camped at Copake KOA in a Motorhome.

primodog

Date of Stay: August, 2012 - $45.00

EXCELLENT campground. Very friendly staff...clean sites and pool. Good location to all local foods and shopping. Will go again next time we are in the area. We camped at Copake KOA in a Motorhome.

BWhite28

Date of Stay: July, 2012 - $52.00

Very nice quiet campground . Spacious pull throughs and utilities were top notch . Interesting area to visit . We will return . We camped at Copake KOA in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with Copake KOA?