Coldbrook Resort Campground

385 Gurn Springs Rd
Gansevoort, New York 12831

• Golf Golf yes
  • Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Coldbrook Resort Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $60.00

We had to make last minute reservations for the weekend leading up to Wed, July 4th. The manager, Cricket found us a 30 amp site when we called on Thursday. When we arrived on Friday, she was able to secure us a 50 amp site which was very good since temperatures were in the mid 90's all weekend. The manager & staff were very nice to us. The folks Camping were very courteous to each other & even though many sites had multiple vehicles there were no loud parties. Last of all, the power stayed at 115 volts plus all weekend even though everyone was using their AC. I would definitely camp there again. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

A23

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $45.00

My comments below from 2016 hold true through the 2017 season as well. Several more of the bad apples have either left or been evicted (as recently as today 8/3/17). Additionally, this year the campground has made so many improvements! The water system was completely overhauled, electric services upgraded, septics have all been located and consistently maintained, and improvements to facilities such as the volleyball court. The improvements continue daily! The goal of family friendly, quiet and respectful campers, and all around beauty is coming together! (2016) Keep in mind, most of the bad reviews are coming from either evicted or disgruntled seasonals after finally being held to the rules. This campground has improved SIGNIFICANTLY since we came for our first tour in 2014. We began our seasonal residency here in 2015, are here again for the 2016 season, and just signed up for the 2017 season. The improvements made so far are impressive, and the remaining items are being worked on. This place was in bankruptcy for many years before the new management company took over in 2015. They are doing the best they can with what they were given. The new site manager this year, was given the task of putting the rules in place and finally enforcing them. Some of the seasonals didn't like that, as they were the proverbial inmates running the asylum before. Evictions were made and the place has been heaven since! Thank you for all your hard work! We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Sand, Grass

Close enough yet far enough away from Lake George. 10 minutes to Saratoga Springs area.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $45.00

1st year seasonals here. Coming from a near by campground of "30" years. So far everything has been great we are on month #4. We picked a spot that faces the woods very private. We had crushed gravel hauled in for ground cover. I love that the sites are spacious, hate when campers are lined up and so close to each other! They have lots of trees, bathroom are clean . Staff is friendly . Campers are friendly! I LOVE the dog park! The pool is a decent size. I gave it 4 stars only because there could be a little more entertainment. Musically. And that's only based on what my fellow campers say. With that said I am perfectly happy here. We have something going on for he most part every weekend. It's not a crazy loud campground. I do not want because I have a 11 month old as well as a 14 year old. I don't come to camp to PARTY and not do I want to hear people up until 2:00 am while I'm trying to sleep! Rules of coarse! As a business owner ourselves we deal with the public and they can be ruthless! And you always want to prevent the possibility of being sued! These days seem to happen so frequently so rules ARE A MUST!!!! I love the location. I prefer camping in the Adirondacks . This campground is In the woods BUT a few miles to the gym (ymca), mall, markets and shopping! Ok back to the campground. There are great horse shoe pits, volleyball, random sit and relax. Lots of bath houses and laundry. No water OR sewer problems. They have added great lights on the paths through out the campground. So yea I am a camper that just Follows simple rules. My kids are not out of control they also are respectful. We have fires at night, hang out with friends, drink some spiked seltzer, laugh with the manager and enjoy camp life ❤ so far my family (3) other seasonal and I have nothing but a great experience and nice things to say! Happy Camping & thanks for reading! We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt, Sand, Grass
Other

Some Shade, Covered Forested

Close to everything!

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $41.00

Sent a request from their web site to reserve a spot--no response after a couple days so I called. Their web site said the "in season" ends on September 3 (odd since the holiday weekend ended on the 5th). I was making a reservation for the 6th. No, the web site has not been updated, the season ends on the 15th. I did not have time to search for a more "honest" campground, so I had to pay the "in season" rate. Their web site also says they honor Passport America. Well they do kinda--they give 5% discount to PA members. Good Sam was 10% so took that. What did I get for my $40.50? They were kind enough to give me a pull through which is just the middle of an empty field infested with ants. I will concede the spot was reasonably level and utilities were placed for easy access. No free wifi for that price apparently. They did not give me a code and when I went to use my iPhone, I was directed to a link to sign up for wifi-- $5 a day. I went to the office to clarify--the office closes at 5PM--really??? --but it was 4:45 and they were already closed. The rest of the park is rustic and well packed with seasonal sites. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Coldbrook Resort Campground

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

Resort??? Are you kidding?? For 45.00 we got a pull thru in grass, water and sewer. We had to run our generator, because the 50amp kept kicking off. Was told nothing they could do about it. Very tight getting around the corners for a 42 ft motorhome towing a jeep. Will not be coming back here. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

pull thru 1

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $50.00

We appreciated getting in here at the last minute for July 4th weekend after a horrible experience at King Phillip campground in Lake George. The staff were wonderful and efficient. This is a basic park, no frills. Sites are grass and dirt, would be a mess in rainy weather. Our electric service came and went today. But our site is roomy and level, the neighbors are great and there is a dog park where our puppy can run off-leash and lots of room to walk him on trails. There is a pool and playground for kids. Unfortunately, there are 4 dumpsters which are overflowing. Park is very convenient, right off I 87. Price is high for what you get but to be expected in this tourist area on a holiday weekend. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $50.00

Cold Brook is a camp destination for city dwellers; almost every site is filled with a permanent resident. It's very crowded though the sites are more than adequate, typically 50x50. Kids and golf carts everywhere, but keep in mind the park is designed for kids and golf carts. We were HAPPY to get a space since we waited till the last minute on Memorial Day weekend. Good cable TV; WiFi is pay-as-you-go that drops signal continually requiring log-in again before continuing (but, I've seen worse). Verizon service is 2-3 bars. The site we are in is all dirt and very dusty. Some of the sites have landscaping rocks, but ours didn't. We were glad they took us in on Memorial Day, but we won't come back again. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $38.00

Staff was rude and acted annoyed to be bothered. No one would show me to site because it was so late she said-7:30pm. Had to sign a release in case I got hurt. Site was level nestled with seasonal campers and barking dogs. Ice cream truck with an annoying song moves throughout the campground. Place is crowded and poorly laid out with dead end roads. Electrical for 30 amp had an open ground. 20 amp was correctly wired and used it with an adapter but only provided 117 volts. Music blared after 10pm from nearby campsite. If it wasn't so late I would have gone elsewhere. I would not stay here again. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $24.00

Negatives: Bathrooms were not swept out, with rather dirty facilities & shower heads need to be updated. They were very far from pull through sites, which we occupied. We could hear traffic from I87. The water pressure very low! No Wi-Fi at sites, only office hot-spots. Positives: Grounds were clean. Hook-up great & convenient to trailer. Free daily local newspaper. The staff friendly & helpful. We were escorted to our site. There is a trucker restaurant & gas station down the road a piece. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2008 - $32.00

We reserved a site 6 weeks ago because of our size, and had a written confirmation. They put a 24' trailer in the site and had no other sites big enough. We spent the night at Wal-Mart, then found another campground the next day. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $23.00

1 50 amp pull thru and 4 30 amp pull thru's were usable by our rig. Mostly seasonal. We couldn't clear the trees in the main section. Had to change water filter once a week. Electric was very good on 50 amps, had to use Autoformer on 30 amp. There is all new wiring in the main campground. Water pressure is low (30 PSI). Overall this is a good campground. We will be here 5 weeks. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $35.00

Pull thru sites are grass and one behind another in a semi circle pattern. Never saw main camping area. Not worth the money. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $30.00

This campground was very clean. The bathrooms and showers were expectional! I enjoyed the activities and just walking around the enormous trails. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2004 - $35.00

Nice, quiet park. The owners and the staff are very helpful. The camp definitely caters to it's seasonals, but the sites are very large and well maintained. Many of the sites are landscaped. The pool is clean and well maintained. The camp store is almost non-existant, but there is a convenience store about 5 minutes outside of camp. Lots of fun for little ones, but teens may find it boring. We camped at Coldbrook Resort Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Coldbrook Resort Campground

Are you affiliated with Coldbrook Resort Campground ?