Lake George Escape Camping Resort

• Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • River River yes

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $80.00

This camp ground is starting to show it;s age. There needs to be more upgrades to make it the number one in the area. Sewer trucks in and out everyday is a bit much. Pool is showing age badly. Sites in the back need more upgrading. I still like the campground. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $80.00

I would normally rate this campground a lot higher but there is no need for a campground of this size to have dirty restrooms or showers. They should be able to afford a full time attendant. They also need closer restrooms in the back of the campground. They had constant patrolling security who did nothing about loud music all night long. Other than that, our stay was pleasant. They have lots of stuff for kids and even a bar for adults. My site was on the river but couldn't see the river unless I climbed under uncut brush. Most sites were close but I was happy with mine. Staff was very friendly and the store was the best I've ever seen. I would camp here again but would pay the extra money for a larger riverfront site. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $48.00

Sometimes I wish I could do park reviews for Trailer Life. We spent two days at this campground. Although there are some good points, there are some things people should know before they book this campaground. The good; bathrooms are cleaned frequently, good roads, DJ and dancing at night till 10, the kids enjoyed the pool. The bad; a campground owned by a corporation and they intend to make money. We have a pop-up that when folded out it is 24' long. It has a small slide out and 8' long awning and we barely fit on the site. The slide out was against the boulders that divide the sites on one side and my awning legs were almost on the boulders on the other. Once set up we had a problem, where to park my full size Chevy Silverado. We went to the office and they told me for one night I could park it on the site next to us. Then the next night they just strugged their shoulders. The campers next to us had a large tent, and their stakes were under our awning. They stuff as many campers together as they could. While that might be ok for some, it was not for us as the neighbors like to stay up and talk, and we could hear every word. Not a great camping experience. If you like this sort of thing it's up your alley, if you don't, stay away. And that's exactly what we told them when we checked out. We won't be back! We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2010 - $55.00

Our first time camping at LGE. This campground's name says it all. It provides an "escape", and it has a "resort" atmosphere. There are wooded sites, seasonal sites, RV sites, and waterfront sites on ponds and lakes. The facilities were clean, and showers were free. There is always something to do here-shuffleboard, horseshoes, 2 heated pools, tubing trips, boating, bicycling, etc. We were able to get discount tickets to many nearby attractions through LGE ("The Great Escape" theme park was a blast). Our only complaint was the nightly DJ, who plays on Friday and Saturday only, but nightly during holiday weeks. Would definitely camp there again. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $52.00

This place was outstanding!! When we first made the reservation I thought the price was a little steep, but I can say it was worth every penny. We had the best time there. The staff goes way above and beyond, when you leave and come back through the gate a staff member says "Welcome home" and that is exactly what it felt like. The kids had a blast, there was so much for them to do and they were treated very well. It was very clean, the sites were spacious and well kept. I really just cannot say enough about this place. I very highly recommend it, we will go back for years to come. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $65.00

While the campground was very well maintained, the campground was so packed that you couldn't even move without stepping on a child! The original site we had upon arrival was packed with the neighboring sites things (this didn't surprise me judging by the size of the sites) The site was too small for our pop up. We had no room for even a picnic table or to put or fire ring. We went to the front desk and requested a site change which they did for us right away. Our second site was a little bigger, But not great. There were a million kids here and if you were not a kid you were a 22 year old with a group of 15 partying it up all night. While some may enjoy this it is not my idea of a fun relaxing camping trip. I had a hard time sleeping because of the noise and no one enforces the quite time rules. I will not return to this campground. Too busy, too loud and too many children!!! We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2007 - $38.00

This campground was very pretty, fun, and close to Lake George center. The owners were extremely nice and professional. Bathrooms were clean as can be! Laundry facilities were great to. My husband and I stayed there for a week on a waterfront pond site. very nice campsite and big campground. two pools and a river beach, all very clean.. I give this place a 10+!!! I would will be coming back for years to come! We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2005 - $50.00

My wife and I, and our 2 kids, stayed here for a week in a pop-up camper in August 2005. I've camped for many, many years, and now with kids of my own, I found the campground to be one of the best to stay at. One of the best things to note is that the main bathrooms and showers were absolutely immaculate. Hats of to the cleaning crew. Many of the staff members are campers as well, so they know what a camper expects, and as a result, we found them to be very friendly. The camp store is top of the line with anything you want available at a reasonable price. Cafe Alfresco also had great food and drinks available if you didn't feel like making your own. The campground was well maintained, and the sites were adequate in size, without you feeling crowded in. There were many roomy sites on the river. Don't expect a lake on-site, as the other waterfront sites are on a pond, with no swimming. The actual "Lake George" lake is about a 15 minute ride, with a few places to go to para-sail or to rent a boat. Additionally, we had season passes for Six Flags, and they were valid for a day of fun at The Great Escape amusement park, which is also a quick ride away. On-site, there were plenty of activities for the kids, though at an additional cost, some a bit pricy; mining for gems/fossils ($), stuffed animal making ($), playground, 2 pools, game room ($), bingo ($), and pedal cars ($). We all really liked the pedal cars, but the half hour rental went too fast to even make a full loop around the campground, making a bit expensive. Swimming was mainly at the pool. The river was too low at the time we went. In all, a great campground and one we'll be sure to return to. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2005 - $46.00

Campground has lots of stuff for children to do; but alot of activities cost extra. Some sites are very sandy. Excellent Store! We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Lake George Escape Camping Resort ?