Lake George Escape Camping Resort

• Arcade Games Arcade Games yes
  • Billiards Billiards yes
  • River River yes

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $100.00

Park can not accommodate big rigs: sites are way too small. They should combine sites but they would never do that. Roads full of potholes.

Power goes out. No wifi.

Was looking for a seasonal place but rates are insane: seasonals are like $6K, where you can go elsewhere for far less.

The pool area is too small and full. They have gotten too big and I have a feeling its going to backfire. If you like over priced, small sites: this is the place for you. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $58.00

Did not care for the campground. We arrived Midweek and were put in the back away from all facilities and activities, close to highway. There were plenty of open sites with shade but suspected that they were reserved for the weekend so I did not complain. Noticed when we left that some of those same sites were still available, I wondered why we were placed in such a bad location. Received an email stating I should have called instead of using online registration. I think they had an idea of where I was going regardless. They also said I should have requested another site but that means repacking. I just drove 5.5 hours to get here, now I have to repack and move because they couldn't give me a better site in the first place?? We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $1.00

So very disappointed. We planned for 10 days here, but when we arrived they had us in a site we could not fit in. The one other site that was available had electrical issues and our power management kept kicking our electric off due to low voltage.

The maintenance fellow came and confirmed that there is indeed low voltage in this campground and that one of the boxes actually caught fire from overheating.

There are 575 sites here and they have packed them in here regardless of the electrical issues.

Again, very disappointed as we had hoped to visit this area as we have never been here. Getting a reservation last minute in this area is next to impossible.

The roads are narrow and trees on both sides, even still we would have liked to have stayed.

If you are not a kid person, this is not the campground for you as they are everywhere. Nice to see them outside playing.

We left after one night so we cannot comment on the amenities. Without electric in an all electric unit, we cannot stay and risk ruining our rv.

If you have a smaller unit with no management system you may love this place, bigger 50amp units beware. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $33.00

Unfortunately, we did not have a good experience at the Lake George Escape RV Park. We made reservations three weeks in advance, and were careful to tell the representative that our Fifth Wheel is 13' 4" tall, and 41 feet long. We were assured that we would not have any issues (when speaking with the person making the reservation and a follow-up call to the campround office), with the interior roads or trees/branches, and that the site assigned to us, was long enough for our RV and Truck. Our first indication of trouble, was when we followed the campground's website directions from Route 87.... One of the roads had a weight capacity of 5 Tons (we assume that most full timer's rigs exceed that). Also, just before the campground entrance, is a bridge underpass with no height signs. In order to safely pass under, we had to travel very slowly on the shoulder, and still were close to hitting our roof air conditioner. When we went to the check in, and mentioned the road weight restriction and underpass, the employees indicated that we were only the first customers to mention the road weight restriction, and the second to mention the underpass height. Neither of these issues were mentioned in their directions. We asked to be taken to see our site, before we drove in with the rig. I asked what height the tree branches were cut to, and the employees did not have an answer. The tree branches that were over the interior road were at height of 10 feet (our estimate). The employees did try to find another site that could accommodate our rig, but the roads to this second site, also had low hanging branches, and the road width was tight. We observed that most of the rigs that were in the campground were significantly lower in height in shorter in length. We were refunded our money, and left through the exit (which also had one low hanging branch). We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Fifth Wheel.

This park is NOT big rig friendly. Anyone with an RV over 10' tall should only consider sites closer to the office, since those roads appeared to be better trimmed and wider.

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $48.00

This park is pretty. The staff (and their attitudes) are not. Was refused the Good Sam rate upon arrival and we spoke with their office manager about their declination of giving our discount upon our arrival. First, she again refused to give it, claiming that even though, 1. There is a Good Sam Club sign on the wall saying that members get a 10% discount. 2. She was so adamant that she called G.S. Customer Service and was told that she is supposed to give it. After she got off the phone, she said that “this one time” she would give it to us, but they were absolutely NOT going to be forced to give it in the future and she ripped the sign off the wall. We left this place a day early due to horrendously rude campers (one man screaming curses at his wife and kids for over an hour) with multiple families (tents, rigs, etc) on each site, dogs running loose through campsites, kids unsupervised running through sites, rude staff, manager and an employee who came to our door and asked if we were “enjoying our stay”. We asked him about “quiet” rules, maximum people on site rules and the G.S. issue. He suggested we buy a “pet alligator” (we are from Florida – so we believe this is why he made this snotty comment), to keep the kids and dogs out of our site. We just wanted you to know that they have NO INTENTION OF HONORING GOOD SAM MEMBERSHIPS THERE and are NOT motivated at all to actually service their guests. Just want to pack them in as much as they can for the money and ignore all the horrible behaviors. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $70.00

I've camped at this campground for over 15 years. When it was privately owned it was great now that is was purchased by a large corporation, it is now run-down, no improvements in at least 5 years, dirty/backed up bathrooms, dirty showers, laundry out of order. Hardly any visible staff around. The septic system is failing resulting in septic trucks pumping around the campground every two hours like clock work, noisy and smelly! This campground is not worth $70 per night and they charge extra for every little thing. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $60.00

We have stayed here in the past in a Motorhome which is why we returned this year. The Reservation desk was under-staffed and there was a line-up . . . we had made reservations though their new central service but it was recorded a day after we arrived! I gather that there have been many complaints. The clerk was very helpful, thank goodness, because I was tired. Sites are belly-to-butt and not level. This is a very noisy campsite - loud radios until curfew and way too many yapping bloody small animals mascarading as dogs. WAY over-priced by about 50% higher than another spot less than two miles away. We will not be back. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $48.00

Sometimes I wish I could do park reviews for Trailer Life. We spent two days at this campground. Although there are some good points, there are some things people should know before they book this campaground. The good; bathrooms are cleaned frequently, good roads, DJ and dancing at night till 10, the kids enjoyed the pool. The bad; a campground owned by a corporation and they intend to make money. We have a pop-up that when folded out it is 24' long. It has a small slide out and 8' long awning and we barely fit on the site. The slide out was against the boulders that divide the sites on one side and my awning legs were almost on the boulders on the other. Once set up we had a problem, where to park my full size Chevy Silverado. We went to the office and they told me for one night I could park it on the site next to us. Then the next night they just strugged their shoulders. The campers next to us had a large tent, and their stakes were under our awning. They stuff as many campers together as they could. While that might be ok for some, it was not for us as the neighbors like to stay up and talk, and we could hear every word. Not a great camping experience. If you like this sort of thing it's up your alley, if you don't, stay away. And that's exactly what we told them when we checked out. We won't be back! We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Tent Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2005 - $25.00

Lake George Escape Campground- A $210 deposit (half the total amount) was sent on Aug 5 to rent a 40' trailer which sleeps 8. Even though there were only two of us, we were checking out the facilities for a family reunion. That idea disappeared quickly as this was the most customer unfriendy place I have ever been in. After 4 hour trip we arrived at campground at 12:15. My husband pulled up in front. I went in to register. The man in line in front of me was told that the rental units were not ready till 2, so he could not stay. He said something to the registration clerk , and she gave him a car pass and told him to come back later for the key. When I got to the desk, she gave me the same speech. I asked if I could just leave the car and small kayak trailer in the lot by the registration building which was at least 4 acres big and contained 1 golf cart and nothing else. She told me absolutely not, first because there would be too many people parking there and then she said it was for insurance purposes. Another person behind the desk said we should go across to MacDonald's and have an ice cream and wait there for an hour and a half. At this point I went out to tell my husband but the guard at the gate had already let him past. We went to the very back of the very large empty lot, parked the car and then went to the restaurant in the park and spent fifteen dollars for lunch. At 1:30, my husband went in and was almost registered by the male clerk and the original clerk started yelling that she couldn't trust us to follow the rules and she wanted us out. When we asked to speak to the owner, she called security, wrote up a credit and threw us out. I would not leave until I talked to the owner, I told them to call him. Finally the security guard told us the owner wanted us off the property. We had no where else to go and were forced to come back home. After 8 hours of driving, my husband's back problem (the reason he is on disability)was aggravated and will probably need medical care. I can find no mention on their site of not coming before check-in time. Can you imagine a hotel not letting you park in their parking lot until you check in? Avoid this place at all costs. There are many other campgrounds on the Schroon River. We camped at Lake George Escape Camping Resort in a Campground Cabins.

Are you affiliated with Lake George Escape Camping Resort ?