Country Hills Campground

Marathon, New York

1165 Muckey Rd
Marathon, New York 13803

• Outdoor Courts Outdoor Courts yes

Ask fellow campers about "Country Hills Campground" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $36.00

Beautiful park. Owners/operators very nice. But, if you are tired and had a long, hot drive - don't depend on a nice shower. The showers cost $.50 to turn on and then $.25 for 5 minutes. Do not depend on it though! I put in $1.00 and got about 2 minutes of either ice cold or boiling hot water. Did not even get to rinse thoroughly. Very disappointed. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $36.00

Stayed for 3 nights over memorial day weekend in a premier 50 amp pull through. Site level with stone pad and nice grass area. Owners were supper nice. Firewood $5 for a lot of dry seasoned wood, dropped at site. nice pond to fish. $5 buffet breakfast and dinners for $8.50. Would stay there again. Stayed in 43 Ft DP. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Premier Pull Thru

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $36.00

A fantastic gem of an RV Park! Mix of long term and short term visitors in a setting overlooking a beautiful pond. Off the main drag a bit but very quiet in a rural setting. Hard working folks put together a comfortable and enjoyable RV park that is perfectly maintained and nicely developed. The owners/ staff were exceptionally helpful. Can't wait to return here in the future! FHU but no cable and wish we could have stayed longer. Wifi available. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $37.00

We stayed @ this campground for only one night and I would highly recommend it to any one traveling through. The camp site was very nice, the facilities were nice and clean and staff very nice and friendly. Some how, when we closed our trailer door to step ,outside for a minute, the lock threw and we were locked outside. The owner was passing through @ this time and offered to help. He got us back into our camper and didn't even have to break our lock. Special "thanks" to him and we didn't even get his name. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Country Hills Campground

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $38.00

Very nice campground with all of the sites looking at a small lake, seasonals are right on the lake. The roads do have some pot holes. The parking is either in front or behind your unit. If you park behind where there is more room you have limited room to turn around so I backed out down the road for quite a ways. There are 3 sites are in a row for transients. If someone is in front of you the only way to get out would be to drive down a short grassy hill. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Thunder Mountain and Skyline Speedways are within 12 miles. There is a small antique district in Binghamton. Corning Glass is about 70 miles. Ithaca is about 25 miles and has a farmer's market on Saturdays. The owners cook dinners Friday nights and breakfast at the campground on the weekends. They had a couple singing and hot dogs Saturday afternoon in the pavilion.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $34.00

This campground is in a beautiful, fairly remote setting, with campsites surrounding a lake. It was very quiet and clean. I stayed for a week at the very end of the season, and the owner was very accommodating, letting me stay past the official closing date. The rate I quoted above is based on a weekly rate, including taxes, and reflects a $5 reduction for the last two nights because they turned the water off in preparation for closing for the season. I appreciated the owner doing this for me.

Most of the sites are seasonal. As far as I could tell, the nightly campers were all in one row, extremely close to each other, with no trees. That's one of the features I didn't like so much.

There was virtually no TV reception, and although I paid an extra $3 a day for the outsourced wifi, it didn't work well enough to be useable. I had to use my mifi.

Although the bathhouse was clean, I found it annoying to discover that it cost $.50 per five minutes to take a shower. After returning to my rig to get the quarters, I put $1.00 in so I could get a 10 minute shower, but it shut off after five minutes. Which meant I had to get fully out of the shower in the middle, and fumble for more quarters, to get the next 5 minutes. To add insult to injury, the timed lights in the bathroom turned off and I had to finish in complete darkness. This all seemed very petty to me. I have not run across this at any other campground.

Overall, the area of the campground around the lake and up the hill into the woods is very lovely and I had several very pleasant walks through the area. The owner was very accommodating to me. However, I didn't like the closeness of the sites, the lack of TV and wifi, and the shower system. I would probably look to stay elsewhere the next time I'm in the area. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

A nice CG off the interstate which makes it very quiet. Owners certainly give a lot of attention to the grounds and were welcoming upon arrival. The seasonal units surround the lake but everyone has some access for catch and release fishing. WES all worked fine. GPS takes you down a small road (Tannery) which may be a little troublesome for big rigs. Keep going straight and it goes to the campground. Wifi is available at a nominal daily charge which is unusual in this day. Would certainly stay again. Over night sites not exciting, but more than suitable for an overnight. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

Great stopover. Nice level pull-through, gravel roads in great shape. Campground has lots of seasonals, and quite a few transient sites, and is immaculate. Owners are extremely friendly, guide you to your site, and RV themselves. Over the air TV from Cortland was fine. No Wi-Fo due to the rural area. Follow campground directions, not your GPS. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $36.00

We stopped here overnight on the way to somewhere else. It is much more suited to longer term stays, with a beautiful rustic setting, quiet & isolation and nice pond & fishing & water toys. Electric & Water, Roads and pads were all just fine. Owners were friendly and attentive. No OTA TV or cable available (2 channels were intermittent). Showers/bathroom are clean but showers cost 50 cents per five minutes... Ditto wifi....you have to log on to a private service at $3 a day but it gave us good service. I'd say 80% of the sites are seasonal campers but it is still a fine place to spend the night for those who like camping rather than RV parks. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Pull through

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $36.00

Owners are extremely nice and outgoing. They take a complete interest in the grounds and the campers and it shows. Beautiful scenery, abundant walking trails, quiet and very relaxing. Above the rest in service, firewood and food delivered to your site with great prices. Bath houses are clean and plenty of water. Seasonals are held to a high standard to maintain the look and feel of the park. One of the best maintained campgrounds we have stayed at. Thoroughly enjoyed our week here and recommend it for an overnight, extended or even season if that is appropriate! We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: September, 2015 - $35.00

Such a delightful campground. Clean, spacious sites, beautiful pond and the nicest owners. Could not have been nicer. We highly recommend this park. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $35.00

The configuration of this campground is a bit off-putting - at first the RVs seems parked every which way - leaving one to assume mis-management - which is not the case. The owners live on site and are hands on. They charge for guests either by the car load or per person - seemed chintzy to me but this may be an East Coast thing. Food was good and reasonably priced. Some long-term seasonal residents - some maintain the trailers well, others not so much. An OK place to stop for one night. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Roads were under construction when we were there - when the owner provides directions - follow them.

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $38.00

Looking for an overnight stop, this was a nice surprise. It was a bit away from our route, but worth the 2-3 extra miles. Attractive, grassy, level sites around a large pond. Most were seasonals. No cable, but decent antenna reception. FHU. Well maintained campground. Owners offered very good hamburgers or pizza (both freshly made in their home) for a good price. Nice to have when we arrived tired and hungry. We would definitely stay there again. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $35.00

Stopover for one night and could not ask for friendlier owners. They brought us to our site, made us pizza, and were wonderful. We had a flat tire so we checked in after 8 PM and they were amazing! A lot of seasonals but all sites well kept. The only reason they didn't get 10 was the roads need work leading up to campground. Very big pot holes, and being a big rig roads are very narrow. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $26.00

We camped here for one night on our way down to D.C. Quiet place with mostly seasonal campers, friendly people. There is a small pond but you can't swim in it. We camped at Country Hills Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Featured Campgrounds Near Country Hills Campground

Are you affiliated with Country Hills Campground ?