Roscoe Campsite

Roscoe, New York

• yes-river Waterfront

otismyman263

We just returned from a four day weekend at Roscoe Campsites and I wish I could have spent a week. This is an old school (but really clean) campground. This is not a campground that is going to babysit your children. No game room, no Sunday ceramics, etc. If your children like to fish, tube, or swim in the cleanest river holes, then they will love it. There is also a playground, hiking trails, and plenty of places to ride their bikes. This is heavily populated with Fly fisherman, so please respect them when they are on the water during fly hatches. Most sites are shaded but there are a few down below that will require an awning and/or a 10 x 10 dining tent. (We were in these and we did fine). If you get hot, and the river is low, just put a chair in the water, or head up to the rock beach. The owner and his staff did everything they could to make us feel at home. What a "standup guy" this owner is! We had three families: kids ages ranged from 10 to 15, and everyone had fun. We had a 31' Travel trailer, a 39" 5th wheel, and our other friend rented one of the newer trailers onsite (a fairly new and spotless Cougar.) There is a large bathroom and shower house which was spotless. Plenty of firewood onsite, and a pretty well stocked general store with ice for sale. They also have tube rentals if needed. This is a fisherman’s heaven. If you like to fish, then stop in town for the most knowledgeable fly fisherman by far. Great fly shops, general store, and beer wine, etc., all available. There is no sewer hookups on the riverfront sites because if it were to flood, it would not be good for the river. Water and electric worked fine, and a honey truck to pump if needed. As a dog owner myself, my only complaint would be to have a leash law for the dogs. WiFi would be great as well, but I would like to see that at every campground. That would probably kill the rustic feel I suppose. We are pretty particular where we camp, and I can tell you we have already booked for next year. We are hoping to sneak back in August. We can’t wait to go back. We camped at Roscoe Campsite in a Travel Trailer.

coonfur2

Park is a dump. The worst I have seen in 17 years of camping. The entry driveway is about a 8% grade narrow with potholes. The photos of the rv sites on the web site are the seasonal sites not available to short term stays.The sites for short term stay no 50 amp no sewer hookup, some of the wire for electric box hookups just a bare wire laying on the ground or nailed to trees. On one to check you in upon arrival. I saw owner a day after I arrived and complained about the park not matching website and the electric wires.Owner ask me to leave the park he also charged my credit card for a week stay. We camped at Roscoe Campsite in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Roscoe Campsite?