Saugerties / Woodstock KOA

Saugerties, New York

882 Route 212
Saugerties, New York 12477

• Mini-Golf Mini-Golf yes

Ask fellow campers about "Saugerties / Woodstock KOA" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $56.00

Heavily wooded, decent sized sites, well laid out. Very pretty campground. Power was solid, water was good, cable was excellent, wifi was very good. My only issues are that the entrance road is a dusty mess, and they do not do a good job of controlling barking dogs. Campsite two down from me had three little yappy dogs that barked incessantly at anything or person that moved. I'd to see this CG and all CGs offer a pet free section for the half of us that camp and don't have dogs. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Motorhome.

Be sure to visit OPUS 40 if you are there on a summer weekend. Village of Woodstock is worth the visit also.

C H

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $60.00

Wonderful experience. Camp staff were awesome. Camp store was well stocked. Pool was clean, bathrooms were clean, campground was clean. Playground was nice. We didn't use anything else. I read the reviews before coming. In my opinion, the bad ones are overly harsh. Now, to be fair, "camping" differs from person to person. And what someone considers a campground differs also. This is not a "resort". We have stayed at resorts before. But, this is nowhere near a bad campground. We have unfortunately been to a couple of those also. Some of the complaints are just silly. It is a nice, quiet, rural/treed campground. I don't think I saw one "seasonal", which in my opinion is a great thing. If you need someone to occupy your time while you are on vacation, go to a resort. If you NEED that satellite dish, park in a parking lot. Complaining about bugs? - Really? Stay in a hotel. If you want to relax and enjoy being outside, come here. You'll enjoy yourselves like we did. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: July, 2018 - $51.00

We stopped here on our way home from Maine for one night. It's a convenient place to stop as it is 3 miles from I-87. The site is more than adequate and level side to side but was pitched from to back to front so I had some small difficulty leveling fore/aft. The roads are gravel and dusty and you must pay close attention so you do not hit any branches or trees if you have a big rig. There is plenty of shade so there is a cooling effect. There is a fire ring, but It is really too close to the rig to be safely used. I could have positioned our 5th wheel along the site if we really wanted to use it. Although the site is plenty long and adequately wide to be private enough, the actual pad that the rig sites on is narrow so you cannot have a lot of space on the side for seating, grilling, or placing a fire pit. The items I've listed are things you should be aware of - not serious complaints. All in all, it's a good stop and I would certainly return. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Fire Ring

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: April, 2018 - $48.00

I do like this park and would have rated it higher except for the low water pressure. It is quiet and peaceful and the owners are very nice and helpful. The park roads are a bit tight, but doable - we were able to get around with a 40' MH + toad. The site was reasonably level, hard-packed gravel and fortunately a bit raised with a slope to the back so that we had no issues with puddling during a full day of rain. Our site was more than long enough for the MH and toad and probably could have fit another camper in there with us. It was too early in the season for any activities so I can't comment on the amenities. The showers were clean but the very low water pressure existed there as well. I would stay here again if passing through the area. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Motorhome.

Take a hike to Kaaterskill Falls or browse through the shops in Woodstock. There is a nice little hiking trail in Falling Waters Preserve that takes you down along the Hudson.

Featured Campgrounds Near Saugerties / Woodstock KOA

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $51.00

Strangely arranged KOA with scattered sites carved out of the woods. Our site was long enough and level but due to some rain the afternoon before we arrived, our picnic table was in a pool of standing water that had not drained by the next morning. There was a lot of old equipment stored around and in sight. One of their rules is don't damage or put nails in the trees, but numerous of their own signs are nailed or screwed into the trees. Wi-Fi worked well probably because the park was nearly empty. Cable TV was provided but no satellite because of the trees. We would not stay here again. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $38.00

Stayed overnight. Good campground. Level site. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $50.00

This was my 6th time visiting this campground over the past 3 years and it is one of my all-time favorites. The owners are very friendly and helpful. The ambiance is great. The roads are gravel but wow have they been improved over the years, most paved roads aren't as solid as these gravel roads. Sites are gravel but nice and generally level. WIFI works really good. I like the hiking trails. I highly recommend this campground! We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $56.00

We stayed in a long pull thru site, long enough for our 42' coach with toad. It was very shaded so we were unable to use our satellite dish. Cable was provided though. We found quite a bit of poison ivy around our site so had to be careful where we and our dogs and grandson walked. The water pressure was low, even in the bath house. The small fenced dog park had no grass. Over all this campground needs some TLC. We would look elsewhere next time in the area. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $49.00

Very pretty campground. You can keep your tow car attached on the pull through sites. The utilities are conveniently placed in the center of the site. The cable was good and the wifi worked. One problem is the entrance road. Two rigs couldn't make it past each other. Not much is close by, but it would be a nice quiet place to spend more than one night. I would stay again. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $51.00

The campground opened at the beginning of April. My wife and I stayed the first week of May and the weather was still rather cool and not many guest. We enjoyed ourselves along with the quiet time. The owner was friendly and the campground and sites were clean. We did not stay at the campsites much except to sleep because we were visiting family living in that area. The sites were level along with Wi-Fi and a fire pit. Beware, as noted in their brochure, a fire department is across from the campgrounds. It is a volunteer department and when help is needed, they sound a loud siren. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Fire Ring

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $47.00

This is a very nice park with a camping feel. Lots of trees, spacious sites, green. Nice pull through, good hook up, etc. small dog park, but it's better than most parks. Nice disc golf area for walking the dog. Pool closed for the season. Husband showered and said it took a while for the water to heat. We only stayed one night but liked it. Wifi worked, which is unusual after spending four months on the road. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Motorhome.

Some Shade, Mostly Shady

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $55.00

About 3 miles from the Thruway but easy to find. Roomy, hard packed surface, level sites under large trees. No satellite reception but 65 channels of high quality cable reception but no PBS. The best WiFi access I have ever had in a campground. I travel with a mobile hot spot because of poor campground WiFi, but I did not have to use it here. When a camper had a serious problem with the RV the staff was very helpful with repairs and got him on his way. This campground is a good base camp to tour the mid Hudson River valley. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Motorhome.

site 11

Greene County Visitors bureau in Leeds has information on tour loops in the mountains and along the river which are very scenic.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $49.00

Poor outside lighting. Shower curtains too narrow and too short. Lots of roots make walking about the site difficult. Pool not supervised. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Motorhome.

See the Saugerties Lighthouse and Main Street in Catskill to see their cat sculptures.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $64.00

Overall this park is very wooded and will give you the woodsy camping feeling. We have a long 5th wheel (42 feet) but had no problem getting to our pull-thru site or leaving.

Activities: The swimming pool is "heated" but not a hot tub heat, more like once you jump in you immediately get used to the temperature type of heated. The fishing pond is decent, however keep your line away from the fountain, our kids lost too many lures casting that direction. We stayed 4th of July weekend and they only had campground actives on Saturday and not everyday like most places. There is a nature trail that takes you around the outer parameter of the park and there are a few enter/exit spots clearly labeled with signs.

Staff: the staff was friendly and escorts you to your site. They can be seen all over the campground, cleaning escorting people, garbage pick up every morning, etc.

Site: for the most part our site was level, we had to park in just the right spot to leave room for our slide-outs and awning. We felt that we had sufficient room between us and the next site to still have that private feeling. Electric was good, cable was a little snowy on some channels, wifi was just enough to check email, water pressure was low.

The only downside we encountered, which wasn't too bad, was that the fire department is across the street. They also have signs in the office when you check-in letting you know its across the street. The siren only went off twice while we were there and the siren lasted about 45-60 seconds. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $50.00

very quiet and dark at night - which we like. easy access to the campgrounds and they were good to us as we showed up without reservations and after hours. They met us at the entrance and guided us to our campsite. Wooded area and nicely kept.
We would stay again for a longer than overnight stay. We camped at Saugerties / Woodstock KOA in a Motorhome.

Featured Campgrounds Near Saugerties / Woodstock KOA

Are you affiliated with Saugerties / Woodstock KOA ?