The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone

Verona, New York

Recent Rate: $50 10/2014

• yes-lake Waterfront

Snidely Whiplash

Easy access to and in the RV park with our larger size RV. Like others mentioned, crescent shaped pull-through spaces designed by someone with no RV experience. We had some leaves touch side of RV driving through park but no tree branches. Heard distant train horn in evening but nothing during the night. Nice staff. We would certainly stay again if in the area. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Fifth Wheel.

houseonwheels

Very nice park. We stayed here at the Escapee rate. Free shuttle to the Casino for meals and entertainment. Shower and bathrooms clean. Trash Cans at each site. Great WiFi. Hiking trails. Pool and hot tub closed for the season. The only suggestion I would make is to have someone lead you to your site. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

Doogiesmom

We have reviewed this park in the past. It is beautiful and clean. Restrooms are spotless and spacious. Sites have good separation with shade trees and grass strips. There is a walking trail and little ponds. Try to score a site near the ponds. Cable works well and has 100 channels. I would definitely stay here again, but two negatives: the laundry is out-of-order, and the Wi-Fi does not work at the sites. There is a loud, frequent train nearby, which we did not notice at night. I requested a site far from the train. Other than that, it's a 10. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

SunnybrookJim

Very nice park. Price includes Escapee discount. Wi-Fi is good. Verizon was good. Some train noise in the distance. This is our second stay here and will be back if in the area. Great restaurants at the casino. Free shuttle. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Fifth Wheel.

demoon

In our opinion the Good Sam 10/10/10 is well deserved. Convenient location about a mile off NY Thruway. Great staff at check in. Our site, a pull through, was very level and W/E/S, cable, and Wi-Fi were excellent. All roads are paved, as are sites. Free shuttle to the casino makes stops throughout the park about every 30 minutes. We have been stopping here for many years and the park gets a bit nicer each year as the trees mature. We would definitely stay here again. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

Longhorn Fan

Loved this CG. The sites are huge with grass and lots of shade trees. The roads and pads are paved. We were in site #160 and had excellent Wi-Fi (the best we've ever had). Office staff told me they were redoing the Wi-Fi system and were having some issues, but we didn't have any problems. The staff was also concerned about accommodating our 40 ft. rig with toad in a 50 ft. site. The sites have so much extra space surrounding them that it we had more than ample room. Cable, water, sewer all excellent. Each site has an attached trash can. The casino offers a 24 hour shuttle from the CG. Highly recommend this campground! We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

dbcordello

I have to echo the remarks of others who think this park is the best. We traveled full time for 6 months last summer and 3 months this summer and this is probably the best park overall for our needs. Most private RV parks pack you in on top of one another, but Turning Stone has lots of space between sites, as well as big grassy areas and trees galore. We were in the back of the park in the 500 numbered loop. We used our strong 4G Verizon signal for internet access and our satellite tv worked well between the trees (not a deal killer, since they offer cable tv anyway). The hiking trails were a nice surprise, and the individual garbage cans for each site were another. It was a very pleasant 3 day stay for us, and we will definitely be back. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

PaulN'Mark

First time here. Nice campground. Desk staff very helpful. Outdoor staff would not even acknowledge you if you said "good morning" or "hi". I tried several times. Since we were never here before, we relied on the reservation staff to provide an adequate pull-through. I told them I had a 41' fifth wheel with a long bed 4 door dually truck and a satellite. Site 123 was way undersized. If the site across from me was not vacant when I was leaving, I could not have been able to pull out. Could not get a satellite signal due to the trees. I drove around on my bike and found several other areas where sites were both adequate and empty during our stay. I will most likely return there, but now I know what sites will work for me. Overall not a bad experience, but I would not have been happy having issues pulling out, and the satellite issue was unsettling. I know it sounds trivial, but my satellite allows me to connect to my business while traveling. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Fifth Wheel.

TKMI

Very nice park, but have very low branches throughout and need trimming and sites have a little different layout. We had site 102 pull-through. Pool and hot tub very nice. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Fifth Wheel.

600 Day Travelers

Easy on and off from I-9. No road noise; however, the trains are close to the park and there is some noise. The sites are well spaced and the park has a lot of mature trees. The bathrooms were very clean. We would stay here again. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

rheavn

Very nice park that has blacktop roads & sites. Utilities are modern and well placed. The downside of the park is narrow roads that make getting a big rig into the narrow sites. One unacceptable condition exists which is you can not drive down the roads in a big rig without the trees scraping along the sides. Please trim the trees and allow your customers to drive on the roads without damaging their rigs. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

DonnaZ2011

This is an excellent park. It is close to I-90. It is very clean. The sites are roomy and level with a picnic table, a fire ring, and a trash can at each. The Wi-Fi was good from our site 309. The hookups were good. There is a free shuttle that will take you to the Casino which is about half mile away. There are some nice walking trails around the park. We only stayed overnight so I didn't experience the laundry, etc. The only thing that would make this park better would be a dog park. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

jones 714

Great park. Really one of the nicest we have stayed at. Easy to get around, quiet with lovely views of ponds. This is a true bargain. Casino and golf courses are fabulous. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

kleamon

The roads and sites are asphalt. Our site was level. No problems with the hookups. We were in loop 500 and could not get WiFi due to trees. Very quiet during the week with only 3 sites occupied in our loop, Friday and Saturday all sites were occupied with lots of kids playing and people partying. We enjoyed the park and would stay here again. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

KateS

WOW! This is the nicest campground that we have ever stayed and and we have visited hundreds across the U.S. We were only going to stay for one night since we had been on the road for 3 weeks, but we ended up staying two nights at this very relaxing campground. The landscaping is beautiful, there is a tennis court, basketball court, large pool, trails, ponds for fishing & paddle boat rentals, probably more and also large clean bath houses. The gift shop at the office had great items at very reasonable prices. We could live here. They have a free shuttle 24/7 to a HUGE nice casino that has lots of restaurants in it. The only negative was that the WiFi didn't reach our site so I had to take my laptop to the office/TV Room/Conference room for internet access. I would have given it a 10 if the WiFi had worked at our spot. Would definitely stay here again and might even make it a destination. We camped at The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone in a Motorhome.

Are you affiliated with The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone?