Watkins Glen / Corning KOA

• Amphitheatre Amphitheatre yes
  • Putt Putt Mini-Golf Putt Putt Mini-Golf yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: October, 2017 - $62.00

Arrived at 3:30 pm. Not guided to site. Man on mower proceeded to mow our site and kick up stones that we feared would damage our new coach! Really? Mowing at check in time? Bathrooms had a foul odor, and there was no hot water from the hot water faucet either in the afternoon or the next morning. To add to all this was a train in the middle of the night that felt as if it was right outside our door! This is not the place you want to spend $62 for one night! We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $94.00

I really wanted to give this park a 10 rating. But I couldnt. Its a nice park. But the entire park is wide open like a parking lot. We were in the sunset acres area, and the sites were a bit bigger with patios. But there were no trees, no shrubs, nothing. Just a big line-up of RV's. The worst issue for me was the lack of connectivity. The park advertises internet access throughout the park. It was completely useless. Half the time, the access points were completely gone. When you could access them, the connection was so incredibly slow,it was useless. I know this is quite typical of RV parks. However, there was zero Verizon connectivity. When I encounter poor rv park internet elsewhere, I just fire up my VZW MiFi and use that. Nothing. Could not take a phone call reliably either. Talked to other campers on other networks, same thing. So for me, being completely off the grid is not an option. I found myself driving down to the dunkin donuts a couple of times a day to respond to work issues. Not a good thing. It made for a tough week. The bath house situation was not good. There were bathrooms near the store/office. There was a bath house in the center of the park. And there was a bathroom at the pavilion at the back area. As far as I could tell, there were only showers in the center bathroom area. So one set of showers for the whole park. The showers were clean and hot however. The activities at the park were great and fairly priced. There was a zip line, a giant water slide, jumping pillow, rock wall. Some stuff was included. Some stuff cost extra. It was all very well run, in excellent condition, and the kids had a blast. The pool was very nice as well. Clean. Indoors. The pool was a good temp. The hot tub was way too hot. However, there was very strict security to get in there. It was a bit much. We had to wear a wristband the whole week. Overall we had a good time. Its a nice park, but not ideal for us. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Sunset Ridge section

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $81.00

Another NASCAR weekend. This KOA is a "resort", and as such, for the kids, they're almost never bored. I really have nothing bad to say about this KOA, having been here since 1989 and watched it go thru 3 owners and watched it grow. First class. It's the prices tho, that drive me nuts. I expect minor increases every year (especially for NASCAR weekend) but NEXT YEAR goes from the mid $80/day to $102/day ! But up here, for NASCAR, competition for sites is so intense ( not many cg around) that I reserve my site for next year before I throw a jack down for THIS year. 100% full...so they know they can get it...and they do. And....I will return next year. Wife is a NASCAR fan and a good cook.... and I like eating. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Motorhome.

A section
Concrete, Gravel

Lots to do in the area without NASCAR. Wineries, the "Gorge", Glenn Curtis Museum...just to name a few, and a VERY pleasant and scenic area.

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $83.00

We booked a pull thru site for 30' trailer. When they say it fits a 30' trailer that don't mean 30' 6". Sites are extremely small unless you book the deluxe site. Not much room to park your vehicle. We were on the end and the site was so small that you could not sit on one side of the fire ring without being in the road. The sites that were in the trees were so small that we saw many units with their slideouts right against the tree on one side and the awning against the trees on the other (if they could put their awning out). This campground uses every available inch of space for a campsite - many of the campsites should not be campsites. Bathrooms were very clean and the kids enjoyed the pool. Golf carts flying up the road were annoying. They had activities and nice playgrounds for younger kids. The base price only includes two adults so by the time I added 2 kids and a dog I paid $350 for 4 nights - very pricey for the size of the sites. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Travel Trailer.

B68
Not big enough for my travel trailer

BAF

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $80.00

Stayed in a pull-through with concrete patio and glider. Overall campground is excellent but.....check-in clerk kept telling me which site I was in, but all the paperwork had a different site. I asked her why my paperwork had a different number and she looked at me like a deer in headlights. The paperwork was correct. I planned to do some work while here but the WIFI was terrible. When I was able to connect I would keep getting bounced off. Complained about it with no response back. For a resort KOA, good WIFI should be available. Also, this was the first KOA I ever stayed at that they did not escort you to your site. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

F202

Date of Stay: August, 2017 - $89.00

I stayed at the Watkins Glen / Corning KOA for two nights while visiting the area. I found the sites well organized, clean, well maintained, with plenty of room. The staff was friendly and most helpful. The site I had was in the back of the newer section. It was a pull through site and had plenty of room for my 34 foot motorhome and my towed vehicle without having to unhook. While I did not use the amenities, the indoor pool look nice, the waterslide looked awesome, and the zip line might be exciting for kids. I would stay here again and recommend the campground without reservation. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Motorhome.

F166

We hiked the Watkins Glen gorge, visited the Corning Glass museum, and went on the burgers and blues dinner cruise. All of those activities were spectacular! If I had to pick one, I would hike the gorge again in a heartbeat.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $79.00

We stayed 2 nights here for location to visit the gorge area and it worked nicely. Easy in and out since we don't tow. Park was quiet even though there were a lot of campers. We were down in the middle section with patios and it was not as crowded there. We would stay again. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Asphalt

We really enjoyed hiking in Watkins Glen. The guided tour is definitely worth checking the schedule. We also enjoyed the Corning Glass Museum. We only allowed a couple of hours but could have stayed much longer.

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $94.00

Overall Nice Park, Stayed for July 4th week. Lot of kids activities, zip lines, climbing, slide, jumping pillow. Indoor pool with hot tub was nice. Lot of things to do with Racetrack right there, You will hear faint sound of racecars at your campsite when they are running but it's not bad. Our site had a concrete patio with lamppost and flowers which was really nice. Also site was long and had plenty of room. I will definitely be back. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Fifth Wheel.

F182

Corning glass museum is not far and a fun trip, lake Seneca has great wine and beer tasting. and lot of fun places on the water to grab a drink or food. Also drive the glen at Watkins glen, for $25 you can take your car out on track for few laps and pictures. I will be back!

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $77.00

The park is very convenient to explore the many waterfalls and wineries in this area of the finger lakes. Watkins Glen is 5 miles from the park and sits at the southern edge of Lake Seneca and the town has all the necessary restaurants and stores. The park itself is a destination for families with children as it has many activities including a huge water slide ($$). It was very wet while we were there and many sites had standing water, but the park makes every effort to add gravel and maintain the area. The laundry facility was disappointing for a park of that size. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $70.00

Every time it rained site 210 would be the drainage canal for the entire campground. Notified the office and was told nobody was around to check it out till the next day. The next day a young man showed up to analyze the problem. He looked around and said he would see what he could do.He left and never came back! 3 times it rained while we were there and 3 times I had to disconnect the hose from the RV and clean off the mud from the patio.The only other time anyone from the campground came back to my site was to rudely tell me I had to follow the rules and turn off my TV because it was past 10:30. A simple fix for the drainage would have been to put down some of the gravel that was piled up at the end of the road along the edge of the road in front of my site to prevent the water from detouring into my site..Seems like this KOA is run by kids never seen any adults around not even at the camp store. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $60.00

Park is well laid out and easy to navigate. LOTS for kids to do. WiFi was a joke though. Had intended on doing some work over Memorial weekend but that was impossible with their internet. Normally check in process is pretty good, but this trip was ridiculous. Mixed up site numbers, only check me in as a guest not a camper. Maybe they had new staff that day. The dog park was great, good opportunity to let the pups play and tire themselves out. Lots of things to do in the area. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $94.00

This KOA is just outside of the "main" area at Watkins Glen, on the way to Corning, NY. It's clean, friendly and has a nice pool area and outdoor play area (zip line-$, water slide-$, playground, pond, bounce pad, etc.). The sites were close together, but gave enough room to move around. One thing that was a bit off was the fire ring location. With the prevailing wind and proximity of neighbors, it seemed the smoke from the fire was basically going right into their air intake. Maybe that was just me. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Travel Trailer.

A123

Watkins Glen, Finger lakes, etc.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $45.00

We took our grandchildren and daughters camping here and had plenty to keep all the kids busy. Normally most campgrounds have one jumping pillow but this one had TWO. The campsite was a very easy pull through and took no time to set up. We will be re-visiting. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Next to playground

We went to this campgrounds because we swear by KOAs first and foremost. We made plans to visit Corning glass and had a spectacular time. Our grandkids couldn't stop bragging about the best vacation ever!!! They also went hiking at the Watkins Glen Park and took phenomenal pictures. Ben and Jerry's in town was the ice cream on the cake LOL

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $60.00

Our rate reflected a basic full hook up site. Geography at campground is mostly level and very lightly wooded. This is a full resort campground with enough amenities to keep families at the campground if they were to choose to. Our off season WiFi worked well, 3g signal on our Verizon cell phone. Professional and friendly staff. Expect noise from the local race track during day time hours. Also expect daily and sometimes nightly visits from the local freight train from across the street of the campground. Our site hookups were in good working order, noticed most power boxes seemed to be newer/updated. Most sites seemed relatively level. Interior roads & sites had crushed stone. Camp store seemed well stocked and was tastefully decorated. Bathrooms and showers were clean. Showers have plenty of hooks, space and a bench to put your stuff on. Noticed a multitude of site sizes and price ranges to accommodate the many different types of RV's. We enjoyed this campground and would certainly return or recommend this place to anyone. We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Travel Trailer.

Nearby, Very Close

Visit near by Havana Glen Falls as a warm up before seeing Watkins Glen Gorge

Date of Stay: April, 2016 - $53.00

Beautiful park would definitely stay again. The park itself has so much to do, you could just go to get away, but it was too cold to do anything outside in April.

Only problem, was the laundry area was too small. The equipment was old, there was no change machine. The dryers were 25 cents for 5 minutes! After using $10.25 worth of quarters, I ended up with undried laundry everywhere in the our rig. Not pleasant.

Lot spacing was spacious with some shade. Site surface was concrete pad, gravel and grass, featuring a fire ring, picnic table and patio We camped at Watkins Glen / Corning KOA in a Motorhome.

D 10
Concrete, Gravel, Grass

The Corning Glass Museum was awesome!

Are you affiliated with Watkins Glen / Corning KOA ?