Asheville, North Carolina

Asheville, North Carolina

1030 Old Marshall Hwy
Asheville, North Carolina 28804

• Big Rig Access Big Rig Access no
  • Restrooms (Plumbed) Restrooms (Plumbed) ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Overflow Parking Overflow Parking no
  • ATT, Verizon, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular Cellular Phone Providers Cellular Phone Providers ATT,Verizon,Sprint,T-Mobile,U.S. Cellular
  • yes-river Waterfront Waterfront yes-river
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • River River yes
  • Creek Creek yes

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $44.00

this place has no class at all, but you do park right next to the river, and that says a lot. It also is only 6 miles to downtown Ashville, which says it has a good location. there is only one way in and one way out, so depending on which site you get you need to plan your escape. The location of the train tracks was however, extraordinary. I've never seen tracks that close to a river. Thankfully it was on the other side of the river, but the tracks must be ancient because the trains ran slower than 5 MPH, screeching all the way. loud, but only several times a day & night. The place was at capacity and the kids in the water were having a good time, so, it was a good location. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Other

Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: March, 2017 - $42.00

At $42.00 a night for full hook-ups, one would think this would be a well maintained, clean and properly staffed campground. Think again! The sites are so small and so close together and the road is so tight that I had to partially back the trailer into the site, disconnect my truck, reposition, reconnect and finish backing the trailer into the tiny spot. I was forced to park perpendicular to the trailer in order to get my one vehicle off the main road through the park. I found the site to be poorly maintained with a rotted picnic table, a fire pit made of landscape edge stones piled up and broken (with trash from previous campers left there), and seemingly dead tree limbs hanging over my new travel trailer. I stayed 2 of my 3 booked nights before leaving. My site was right on the river, which was nice, but directly across the river a train runs almost hourly, especially at night. It actually shook my travel trailer enough to wake me many times during the night. The campground apparently allows long term or permanent residents there as well. Beside my camper was a neighbor who had a much older camper that was badly in need of repair with a tarp on the roof. It looked terrible. I took a ride through the rest of the campground and noticed there were several seemingly long term guests with junk piled on and round their trailers. One camper at the end of the park had a jeep in front with at least two flat tires. On the 2nd day, it was explained that they would be bleaching the water system out and the water would not be safe to ingest. I asked if I could still shower and the owner said to "smell it first, then decide". I decided to leave early only to learn the sewer connection was clogged. So! No potable water, no working sewer connection, Wifi so slow it was unusable, trash and poorly maintained equipment and trailers all around. At $42 a night, save your money and go somewhere nice. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Not big enough for my travel trailer

Tight Turns, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

My tip would be to find another place to park your rig and camp. This was a waste of money for me.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $30.00

This is our second visit to the campground. We were here also in late May. While the CG looks a little run down, all the utilities worked and the French Broad has a nice tranquil sound. The sites have a concrete pad and patio and are level. If you approach from Montecello Drive, you will have to travel about a mile farther to the used car lot to do a 180. Then you'll be lined up to enter the campground. The camping area is small with little turn around space. Big rigs would have a difficult time maneuvering. WiFi worked for the first half of the week and then stopped. AT&T was good, no satellite because of the trees. we were here for five days. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Chapala is a good family run Mexican restaurant. We left a menu in the office.

Do not miss a visit to the Sierra Nevada brewery in Asheville. Call to see if you can get the tour. It is free with a good sampling of beer to taste. The restaurant in the brewery is excellent. The brewery opened in 2012/13.

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $45.00

A little hidden rustic gem right on the French Broad River with great proximity to Asheville. It was recommended to me by a friend on a F/B RV page and I'm so glad we took it. The campground sets right ON the river. It's a little tough getting in and out, narrow driveway but manageable for our 31' Class C rig. I wouldn't recommend it for anything larger. Sites were a little close but not too bad. They sat on cement so they were level. The ducks floating by are a plus, a train goes by occasionally across the river, kids beside us got a big kick out of it. Owner was a friendly guy. I called early in the day and he said he has one spot left and would save it for me which he did. Not the Taj Mahal by any means but a nice little basic campground, not your typical cookie cutter type you see in most places. We would stay here again if in the area. give it a try. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Motorhome.

There are plenty of stores and restaurants right nearby without even going into Asheville and he gives you good directions to them. Some are older businesses and there is also a newer section with Walmart, CVS, restaurants, etc

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $52.00

Well this is a tough review to do. Without a doubt, the one thing that makes this park special is the **spectacular** location along the expansive, beautiful French Broad River. The sound of the river was so peaceful and there were ducks and geese with their ducklings there. We'd wake up each morning and see the sun sparkling off the water with the uncomparable sounds of the river running over the rocks.

**However**, then you turn around and see the rest. The sites are very close together. The cabins are tired looking. We were happy to find that for two consecutive nights we had two different cool Millennial couples next to us. (I'm an X'er and we seem to only run into Boomers at the parks. Love the Boomers but nice to see some younger folks camping out!). Hung out with each couple in our shared inter-site space with fires going, relaxing, enjoying the local craft beers, good conversation.

There were some questionable looking people hanging around but turned out to be nice. I didn't use the bathrooms but heard they were run down and not very clean, so I stuck to just using our RV bathroom instead.

We found Bill (one of the owners) helpful. He assisted us with backing in and encouraged us to come find him if we needed anything. He also strictly enforced the rules (no parking on the grass, keeping all the items restricted to your own camping space, etc.). But I liked the rule enforcement, made me feel safe.

The place would greatly benefit from a makeover. It has a commune feel to it. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Motorhome.

Go to the Biltmore. Expensive but you can save money buying tickets online a few days before. Also free wine tasting contributes to value of the ticket.

Also, definitely don't miss the Pinball Museum if you like pinball machines, classic video games (Pac-Man, Centipede, Gataga, etc.) Also serves craft beer.

Date of Stay: November, 2015 - $43.00

We stayed at FBRC for 2 nights, us and a couple friends. We wanted somewhere close to Asheville and it was close enough. The campground was OK, the bath house needed some cleaning but heck you are in a campground, you can't expect the Ritz. Hearing the train didn't bother any of us, its really not that bad.We loved being on the river, very lovely. If we need to camp near Asheville again we may just return. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $35.00

This park was adequate. We were disappointed when first arriving due to unkempt and aging status. We did enjoy cooling off with a drink in our chairs in middle of river. Could be much nicer if utilities and sites updated. Manager/owner ? Friendly. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Great breakfast at Stoney Knob Cafe in Weaverville. Highly recommend lunch at Mt Pisgah Inn on Blue Ridge Parkway!!

Date of Stay: June, 2015 - $40.00

Not for big rigs over 30 feet. Entry has no turn around and exit same as entry. Sites on river. Can hear train across from river but usually quiet. Clean sites but tables, fire pit, and all over appearance in need of a good paint job, Close to Asheville. Rustic serenity, full service. Tight tight turn around! We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $35.00

Spots are RIGHT on the banks of the river. So. So beautiful. No frills campground, not updated but everything you need. It's quiet. Clean. Some spots are bigger than others. Nice, nice owners. Approach the park from the south! The turn-in from the north is impossible for anything longer than 12'. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Grass

all sites are spectacular. 1 pull through

Date of Stay: June, 2014 - $34.00

We love this campground mainly because of the French Broad River. The sites are right on the river, and it is the most peaceful sound ever! You can tube down the river or tie up to a limb or a rock and float in place. The water is just swift enough to make it fun but not dangerous. There isn't a lot of landscaping (shrubs, etc). It's mostly left natural so there is plenty of shade everywhere. We just enjoyed our 2nd visit here and I hope to plan many more! We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: September, 2011 - $25.00

The paved camp site was FHU with Wi-Fi and cable TV. Access to it was really tight even with our 27 ft 5er. Big rigs beware. No turn around and the access road is really tight. The view of the French Broad River was worth it though. The back bumper of our 5er was at rivers edge. Restrooms very nasty. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $34.00

The campground is clean but some what ran down. On the positive side the place has the best river front view I ever had in an RV Park. Your rear bumper is hanging over the river bank. There are only 4 to 6 sites have sewage. The full hook-up sites have concrete pads. The pads are narrow. We have a 28th 5th wheel, it fit on the pad comfortable but tight. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: May, 2008 - $35.00

Very nice, small quiet and all spots are on the river. There is lots of wildlife ( Ducks and geese with babies will come to you and let you feed them. We would go again. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: March, 2008 - $35.00

The manager is nice and helpful, but the camp is in need of maintenance. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Travel Trailer.

LPJ

Date of Stay: July, 2007 - $30.00

The park was very nice. Most of the sites are located on the river and the view is beautiful. The sites are a little close. The restrooms were clean but there was only one shower and the water was lukewarm. My daughter and I had to stand in line every night we were there. The reason I would not recommend this campground is because of the train track located on the other side of the river. A very long and loud train went by several times during the night waking my entire family. We camped at French Broad River Campground in a Tent Trailer.

Are you affiliated with French Broad River Campground ?