Wilson's Riverfront RV Park

Asheville, North Carolina

225 Amboy Rd
Asheville, North Carolina 28806

Elevation: 1985' (approx.)
  • Cable/Sat. TV Hookup Cable/Sat. TV Hookup ?
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no
  • Boating Boating yes

Ask fellow campers about "Wilson's Riverfront RV Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $39.00

The park is well kept. It is much nicer than it looks from outside the park. Half of the sites back up to the French Broad River. The $39 daily rate is based on the $270 weekly rate. There is nothing bad to be said other than the advertised WiFi is worthless. And, the river has been known to flood. Besides the river, the best feature is a walking/bike path that passes through the center of the park and on to far venues in either direction. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Motorhome.

The park is very convenient to all of the Asheville attractions which are considerable.

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $10.00

I booked this CG months in advance as we are full-timers. I called days in advance to confirm our reservation and he day of. We were told we had a spot on the river. When we arrived (not easily accessible for a 42' Rig) the person who was suppose to check us in on the lot to the right wasn't there so we called. They told us they didn't have anything but a grass site E/W only. When we viewed this site there as no way we could fit it even try to fit it! I'd advise anyone from Going there plus your literally under the I-40 expressway! I hate giving bad reviews but this was hard to get to only to have them lie to us! No! Don't go! We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Other
Not big enough for my 5th wheel

Tight Turns, Scraping Branches, Obstacles, Poor Conditions

Date of Stay: May, 2018 - $45.00

Entry is odd. Take Exit 1C. You will see the Park on your right. Go a short distance past that and enter a strip area on the right. Sign in there. You can also turn around here and go back to enter the park. Office closed on the weekends, so go to the park and see camp host in first rig on the left. A smallish park with half of the sites on the river - great views. Bathrooms clean and okay - I've seen lots better. Great access to Asheville! No laundry. Great walking trails on the river. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Motorhome.

Brew pubs galore!

Date of Stay: March, 2018 - $45.00

This park is located very close to downtown Asheville, NC. The park was clean, and other than some traffic noise from the interstate (as it is literally right off of the interstate), it was fairly quiet. Our site was right on the river, so it was very nice to have the convenience of being so close to downtown, but still have that quaint feeling of being close to the water. There is a water equipment rental place located right next door that would be very convenient during the summer months (not sure if this would add to the noise during the hotter months as it was closed during our stay). Another feature we found interesting... which some folks seemed to dislike... is that there is a walking trail that runs through the RV park that leads to more trails along the river in one direction and to a park in the other. We found it to be very nice as we do enjoy people watching and it wasn't very busy during out stay there. The camp host & hostess were both very nice and we enjoyed chatting with them. The only issue that we could foresee is that they don't really do site reservations. If you call, they will take your name and the dates you plan to stay and reserve your stay, but they don't/won't guarantee that you will get a water-side site until you get there (first come/first served). While we got lucky this time, I didn't like that it was kind of a gamble as to where we might be located. Also, there are very few trees around so there's not much shade to speak of. During summer months, it could get very hot. Even so, due to the convenience of the location, we'd still gladly stay there again. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Very convenient to shopping, dining, breweries & river activities. Just a note... entrance to park is a hairpin turn right off the interstate. Best to drive a bit further down and turnaround to pull into RV Park.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wilson's Riverfront RV Park

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $41.00

Pleasantly surprised. Excellent location for a Biltmore visit. Lovely view of the river. Fortunately we were forewarned by another review about how to enter the park and where to look for the camp host to pay. That warded off the frustration from the get go. Yes, there is highway noise. The "reservation process" felt a little iffy, but check in was smooth and the employees friendly and helpful. Being right on the river was beautiful and important to me. We would definitely use this campground again if we were in the Asheville area again. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Riverfront 5

Kayaking, water sports and bike rentals are available next door. Excellent bicycle paths!

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $21.00

The absolute weirdest entry to any campground I've ever seen. It's right at the base of the off ramp, so you need to go down the road, turn back around, go around a big median, wait for off-coming cars, then make an S turn into the campground, which looks allot like a wide bike path, complete with bikes painted on the roadway. You feel like you're doing something wrong. Once in, there is an RV near the front where you can go and check-in, if you notice it. For me, I was taking in the RV park itself and was so underwhelmed and frustrated from trying to find it, that I didn't see the "office." I asked someone who was riding through on a bike and she said to go back out to the place that looked like an RV mechanic's shop and go in there. I did that. The man was tough to understand and really acted like he was going to find it hard to get me a space, without a reservation. There were about 6 or more open sites but he put me on one with no sewer and still charged me for the full hook-up price (I was told it was the PA price but I wonder.) So, it's on this nice river, but you can't get down to it. Anywhere. And there's a greenway that goes along the river so people from all over town are parading by and through the RV park on their bikes and rollerblades and running and walking and pushing strollers and walking dogs back and forth the whole time. I won't be back. I did not look at their facilities. I noticed you can rent kayaks and bikes and tubes next door. Not sure if they are affiliated. The wifi is there but it's weak, even with using my booster. The water pressure seems extreme so use a regulator. The park itself is just an oval area with cement slabs. Oh yeah. My site didn't have a table or a firepit either. It did have some cute gophers in the brush, though. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Motorhome.

Skip this park if you have others to choose from. Best tip I can give to you.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $18.00

We have stayed at this park several times over the last few years. It's been about the same all along and not much has changed. The owner can seem gruff, but is really a nice fellow. As others have noted, the setting and proximity to Asheville are the draws here. We absolutely love access to the parks and trails that run right through the park. A few years ago, there used to be shade trees on the highway side sites, but the local utility came in and removed them because they were encroaching on the power lines. A real shame. Anyways, about getting into the park. The trick is to U-turn at the office/repair shop. I've seen people U-turn at the park, but it's a little more tricky. Alternatively, you can exit I-26 at Haywood Rd, then follow Hanover to State St, then to Short Michigan Ave (hilly but no clearance problems) to Amboy Rd. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Concrete, Asphalt

4 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $18.00

This is a compact linear RV park, on the French Broad River, with sites on both sides of a central recreation path and road. An interstate highway is immediately above the campground with much traffic. For a 2 night stay, this campground worked well for me. While sites were very close together, each one was back-in on a concrete pad and most had full hookups. The rate shown was for Passport America, available most days. There was little shade. The advice to check in at the RV repair shop didn't work as it was closed up and we checked in with the helpful person at the campground. There was a cable connection that we didn't use. There were no picnic tables or fire rings at sites. We saw a wi-fi signal but didn't learn if it was for customers. The campground is 5 miles from downtown Asheville. A popular recreation path/trail runs through the middle of the park. If in the area again, we'd likely stay here. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

While here, we drove some distance on the Blue Ridge Parkway; very scenic with many overlooks. Asheville is a compact, happy, city with many excellent eateries and pubs. Definitely drive the 5 miles into downtown for some memorable meals.

3 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: June, 2016 - $36.00

Interesting CG on the French Broad River. First off, there is no cable, so don't go by their website. The WiFi is mostly slow. Was able to use theirs on occasion, but mostly used my own. It is located right next to I-240, so there is road noise outside, but never heard noise while inside the RV. There is a sharp, hairpin turn to enter the CG at the bottom of the exit ramp that is impossible to make in an RV. We drove a short distance down to a city park and unhooked the toad in order to turn around. The signs are a bit confusing. The check-in office is located at their RV repair business a few doors away, so stop there before going into the CG. We did not do that. There is a very helpful and friendly host on site who took care of us, but I had to walk back to the office to pay as she only deals with cash. We enjoyed our stay here, so I didn't mean for all of the above to sound so negative, just wanted to give some helpful facts. The CG was clean and in a good location. Our site was on the river and had plenty of room between the sites. The FHU site was on a concrete slab and was level. What's interesting is that there is a city-run walking/bike path that runs right down the center of the CG. It continues along the river past the CG one direction and continues to the city-run park the other direction. Plenty of space to walk the dog. Lots of activity walking/riding by the MH which I thought was fun to watch. We would stay here again. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Motorhome.

4 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: March, 2016 - $25.00

If it wasnt for the fact that this place is convenient to town, walking trails, and the river, it would be an overall 1 or 2. Not very shady and maybe 100 ft from the interstate highway. Loud traffic noise. Weird, old bathrooms, walking trail goes literally through the middle of the park. Seems like an afterthought. Lot spacing was nearby with predominately sunny/open exposure. Site surface was a concrete pad with asphalt, features a picnic table. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Concrete, Asphalt

Convenient to town, walking trails and the river.

Date of Stay: October, 2015 - $25.00

Wide, level spots with half the sites right on the river. Great activities like biking and running on the couple mile greenway that runs right through the park. Shower and potties below average. Very noisy with the highway right across the street. We would stay here again if we needed to be close to town and wanted to have river access. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Motorhome.

river

Asheville Outdoor center is right next door and rents water toys like tubes and kayaks. A little food park opened down the street and offers some produce, cocktails and food.

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $36.00

First, if you are not familiar with the area, getting to the park is difficult. It is an EXTREME right turn off the highway. I put "yes" for clean restrooms, but that is only because there is not an "kind of OK" option. No laundry facilities, no amenities whatsover. No cable at all, and the absolute WORST water pressure we have ever seen! Wi Fi never worked either. You are also backed up to a very busy interstate off ramp, it is very, very noisy with all of the semis coming off the highway. That being said you are right in the middle of a beautiful park and right on the river, so hiking and biking and fishing is right at your doorstep! The bad outweighs the good for sure! We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Biltmore Village was wonderful and Biltmore Estate is across the river!

Date of Stay: August, 2015 - $36.00

The park itself is very lovely. Small - only about 35 spots - but they are spacious, with 1/2 of them facing the river. Beautiful biking/hiking trail in the park. All sites have picnic tables and the river sides have fire rings.

The only negatives: (big one) is it is very difficult to get into the park with a big rig. The turn off the exit is way too tight and sharp so you have to find a place down the road to turn around, which is also very difficult in a big rig. You can't get into the park from the office, but since they don't assign spots, I recommend finding a spot first and then walking to the office.

Other negative is the office itself, which is part of the repair shop next door. It's decrepit, dark & dingy, musty smelling and full of clutter. Any brochures they advertise (a map and a rafting flyer) are buried on the counter. Owner is also not very helpful. You are not given any information at all unless you specifically ask for it, for example the pw to the wifi, code to use the bathhouse, how to rent bikes, where the shopping is, etc.

I would stay here again if I could figure out a better way to get into the park. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Lots of stuff in Asheville. Only about 10 mins from downtown.

2 campers found this review helpful. Do you? Yes No Undo

Date of Stay: July, 2015 - $36.00

The office was quite far from the park and there was no place to park the RV at the office. We were given no TV or Internet instructions upon check in. When we realized the cable didn't work and the Internet required a password we called the office and there was no answer. The next day, when we finally got an answer on the office phone, we were told that to get the cable to work we had to come to the office and pay a $25.00 deposit. I walked up and although the open sign was on, the door was locked. I roamed around and found a young man who told me the owner went to get a haircut and I'd have to wait. I did. For more than an hour. We were never able to get the Internet to work after we finally got a password. The river next to the park was pretty and the concrete pads were very level. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $36.00

This park has great potential but for us the good did not outweigh the bad. We were given no information unless we asked such as wifi code, code for restroom, trash receptacle or pick up, cable. There appeared to be no rules as dogs ran free with no clean up by owner. People and small unattended children went through our site without respect. River sites were beautiful. Location good. We camped at Wilson's Riverfront RV Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Great place to Kayak or bicycle. Linear park runs through campground. Near new Outlet Mall. Asheville is a great place to visit.

Featured Campgrounds Near Wilson's Riverfront RV Park

Are you affiliated with Wilson's Riverfront RV Park ?