Canton, North Carolina

• Hiking Hiking no
  • Horseshoe Pit Horseshoe Pit no
  • River River yes

Date of Stay: September, 2017 - $28.00

Chose this RV park due to proximity to friends we were to visit. Campfire areas in common areas close by. Site with grassy patio area. Picnic tables in shelter next to our site. One was promptly placed at campfire area across from us when requested. Wifi was spotty depending on your site. We used devices outside or our own mobile hotspot. Not a big deal. Nature is park's best and main amenity. Pretty setting overall. Step out of trailer and hear the wonderful sounds of the river. So peaceful, restful there. Add campfire next to the river--aaahh. Mountain peak across the road was beautiful in morning sun, fog etc. Mrs. owner was very nice, helpful; really wanted us to have a nice time. Rules were standard. Closed gate rule made sense when she explained reason. And was no problem. Owner's husband was a bit terse. Would I come back? Yes! We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Site 12
Dirt, Grass

Close to Asheville -- Biltmore, a brazilian steakhouse and more. Try Smoky's Pizza, Pasta and Grill at the local BP station. Good food! Other good local restaurants too.

Date of Stay: June, 2017 - $20.00

The campground is a distance from the freeway, down narrow winding road with overhanging trees. Asked to call 15 minutes before arrival, which we did. Arrived campground in stated time, waited 30 minutes no one showed up. The campground is overgrown with trees. Of the spaces available, all but one of the daily sites were overgrown with trees which would have scratched the motor home. The place looked as if no maintained it. Even if the owner had showed, after I viewed the campground I had already made a decision not to stay there. We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Scraping Branches

RiverhouseAcres Campground, owner at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground responded to this review

I'm sorry you left. As I said when you called we have a restaurant around the corner and you came at lunch hour when people were coming in. I got to the gate ASAP I think about 20 minutes not the 15 I had hoped for. I waited 15 additional minutes for them to show up, thinking they got lost.
I have parked the biggest & fanciest rigs out there without any problem. These people arrived after 5 days of rain. I don't know about you but I usually wait a day of dry weather before I mow. Yes we have trees for shade but 6 out of the 20 sites have no trees or where they don't interfere. Had they waited I could have showed them those sites.
Once again the complaints we get are from people that haven't stayed with us.

Date of Stay: May, 2017 - $28.00

We stayed here for three days. The park is well kept and in a beautiful setting. We were the only ones in the park except three full timers, one of whom is the manager. The owners were extremely helpful and friendly. Having the river next to the park was really nice and soothing. Great area to explore. Make sure to check out the Breaking Bread Restaurant nearby! We were here off season so the bathhouse was not opened. We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Thank you. We hope to see you again soon :)

Date of Stay: February, 2017 - $24.00

Most of the reviews of this CG are a few years old. We are staying here for a few weeks and absolutely love the view. We wake up to the mountains and the sound of the river. The owners are wonderful and very accommodating. We will definitely be staying here again when in the area. We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Thank you. We are back in charge of the campground. Our son was taking care of it for a couple of years but didn't do a great job so we're maintaining it again.

Date of Stay: August, 2014 - $15.00

We stayed at this park for a month. There were mixed reviews online but we were excited to be ‘on a organic farm’ and to learn and blog about beekeeping. The website makes many statements, which are untrue. The owners do not grow vegetables, they lease a field to someone else to grow tomatoes. There is no WiFi in the campground, the greenhouse is a dilapidated shell full of garbage, and the path down to the river and other areas are overgrown with poison ivy. The bees are gone, lost to mites and the power poles are located at the front of the sites, but if you need to use an extension cord, they charge extra. Our puppy developed a terrible rash about a week into our stay. After 2 weeks on antibiotics he still isn't cleared up so we have yet another vet appointment scheduled. Leaving things on a positive note, the (adult) children, were all very nice people. We enjoyed their hospitality but we would not stay here again. We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2013 - $21.00

Very friendly owners, escorted us to our site and helped back in. Pleasant, quiet spot on the Pigeon River. Wood provided for campfire rings. W/S/E at sites but no individual picnic tables. Location very convenient to Waynesville, Asheville, The Biltmore Estate and the Smokey Mountains. I would definitely stay here again. We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: October, 2009 - $24.00

The camp hosts were very friendly and professional. They were very hospitable, and helped me back in to my site since I arrived after dark. The views are beautiful from the campground in one direction. The other views leave something to be desired. I would not say this campground is located in a country setting at all. Across a small field is a very busy road and there is no privacy at all at the sites nor the whole campground. No shade trees or shrubs separate the sites. Some sites had a picnic table, and some didn't. A couple of the sites were very junky looking because the occupants were not very neat and had stuff laying everywhere -even a porta potty out in the front of the site. The bathrooms were not filthy, but since there were open areas at the bottom of each wall, leaves and critters had easy access. They also were not heated, but probably would have been bearable if the bathhouse wasn't "open air". Again, the camp hosts were wonderful, but the campground is not what I was led to believe from the previous reviews and the campground website. We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Travel Trailer.

Date of Stay: August, 2009 - $16.00

This campground is in an idyllic setting in a mountain valley along the shore of the Pigeon River. Chickens roam the yard and several bee hives are nearby. We arrived after the end of the growing season and did not get to take advantage of the fresh vegetables that the owners grow in their garden and share with the campers. This is one of only a few campgrounds that honor multiple discounts: I was able to get the weekly rate and then a Passport America discount for 2 of those days. Lots of freshly mown grass. Gravel road and gravel sites and all sites are level. The access path to the river is beginning to be overgrown with vegetation which includes poison ivy. The campground owners provide free firewood for the two campfire areas, one of which is alongside the river. I had to park my RV all the way forward in the site to reach the power pedestal and was unable to park my tow vehicle at my site without extending out into the road. So, I parked in the adjacent site which was empty during my stay. The bathhouse is rustic and in need of minor maintenance. The bathhouse has a roof but it is open to the elements: there is no ceiling and the gables are screens. There are no amenities: just the basic services for camping. But the river is there for tubing and fishing. I tried to remain objective and assigned a rating of 6 but I am sure others have added points for the owner’s hospitality and other intangibles. We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: July, 2009 - $10.00

What a special experience for my kids, me, and their grandparents who stayed in an RV next to us. First, the owners/hosts are the nicest people and very interesting, too. The river is a 2 minute walk and can be heard in the background at all times. It is shallow enough for kids (mine were 5, 8, & 10), but deep enough to tube (for free!). The path to the river is beautiful and the river is scenic. Also, there is a chicken coop where kids can see fresh eggs laid, and there's a working bee hive where the owners make their own honey - and it tastes terrific! The owner will explain the whole process of honey-making and bee-keeping. My 10-yr. old daughter was enthralled. The location is close to everything we wanted to do - Cherokee's Santa's Land, Biltmore Estate, and Smoky Mountain Nat'l Park. I would definitely stay there again, and my parents will be visiting again soon. Reasonable, homey, cool! We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Tent.

Date of Stay: March, 2009 - $24.00

A nice small park with very friendly and helpful owners. The only other units there were a couple of fairly long term units. It is a pretty location out in the country, very quiet. No WiFi advertised, but we were able to find and use an open connection, we are not sure if it belonged to the park. Back-in spots only, but easy access with a 36' fifth wheel and a heavy duty truck. We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: October, 2008 - $24.00

This park is fabulous! While it does not offer the traditional amenities like a pool or shuffleboard, it has its own unique offerings. It is in a great location (close to town but far enough to enjoy the solitude of the river. They offer a large garden and large community fire pits. The owners are very friendly do all they can to cater to your desires. We will definitely return here anytime we are in the Asheville area. We camped at Riverhouse Acres RV Campground in a Fifth Wheel.

Are you affiliated with Riverhouse Acres RV Campground ?