Spring Hill Mobile Home Park

• Phone Phone yes
  • Restrooms Restrooms no
  • Showers Showers no
  • Laundry Facilities Laundry Facilities no

Ask fellow campers about "Spring Hill Mobile Home Park" and nearby attractions.

Date of Stay: August, 2018 - $40.00

Awesome hosts and owners, very helpful. The park it self is scattered with older mobile homes on their last leg, scheduled for removal when current residents leave. The park is wooded and quite, frogs serenade you each evening and morning. Our site #32 was plenty long and level for our 40' and tow vehicle. Water pressure a little low but adequate. No satellite, but taped shows on Dish filled the void. Regular antenna CBS and NBC came fine. It's a beautiful way to "camp" and we will return. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

beautiful winding country roads

Date of Stay: June, 2018 - $40.00

Small and quiet park located in the country area outside of Chapel Hill. The park is heavily wooded, so don't hope for satellite service. The roads and sites are gravel. Our site was a pull through and extremely long. The water pressure is on the low side and the power service is sketchy at best. 50A service is more like low-40s. The park offers WiFi that mostly doesn't work. I had problem updating email on their WiFi. The park offers no cable service for people staying short term and we only picked up only a few channels on our powered antenna. The park is mostly long term and permanent residents. Overall we were disappointed with our stay here and will not return. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: January, 2018 - $40.00

Our second time at this park. It's a mobile home park that is slowly moving toward RV only. Very convenient to Chapel Hill and the world famous University of North Carolina. The center for higher education! Park has several long pull throughs. We were in #32 in our 45ft motorhome and had no problems getting in or out which included snow covered roads on the way in. Basically parked in the woods so no satellite hookup but good verizon signal. Wifi was adequate. Cable did not work at our site. The Camp Hosts are awesome and we look forward to seeing them again next year. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

Ye Olde Waffle Shop in Chapel Hill is worth the trip if you like breakfast. Definitely go by Maple View Farms and try the ice cream. So much ice cream, so little time.

Date of Stay: December, 2017 - $15.00

Quiet, well managed park away from but convenient to the city. Heavily wooded. Generously spaced sites. We stayed a month and will certainly try to return. Nightly rate based on $450/month rate. Electric is an add-on with the monthly rate. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

20A

Ten minutes to Chapel Hill/Carrboro area. Convenient to groceries and laundry.

Featured Campgrounds Near Spring Hill Mobile Home Park

Date of Stay: July, 2017 - $35.00

Stopped for 2 nights for a business meeting, wish we could have stayed longer. The park USED to be a mobile home park. Most of them have been pulled out and the sites modified for RV usage, thus, all the sites are very large. There are large trees covering 90% of the sites, so don't expect to get satellite reception, cable is available if you're going to stay for a while (set top box has to be registered and turned on). Reservations are needed, park stays full most of the time. Several long term rv's there, but the place isn't trashy by any means. There is a playground for the kids and a large grassy area for other games. There is no pool, maybe they will look into that as they finish the rest of the sites. Verizon hotspot & AT&T phones worked well. We would stay here again. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

If you're craving a steak, go to The Farmhouse, WORTH THE DRIVE!!

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $35.00

This place was a mobile home park three years ago and it appears to be slowly moving toward more and more RV spots. The pull through spots were really long.....could of parked three of my 45' MH in the one we were in. Lots of trees, squirrels, and friendly folks. We found this park very convenient to Chapel Hill.....the center for all higher education. No pool, picnic tables or any of that kind of thing but great spots and a very helpful pair of camp hosts in Valerie and Jerry. Felt a little tight maneuvering to the spot but was no problem in reality. We will go back. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

Anything in Chapel Hill. We like Top Of the Hill and Ye Olde Waffle Shop!!

Date of Stay: November, 2016 - $25.00

I stopped at this park just for an overnight on my way somewhere else. The hosts were very nice, and waiting for me when I got there... They even had a dog biscuit for my dog. They were very helpful with directions and recommendation for pizza if I wanted to order some. The host took me to my site and then got out to help me find the "sweet spot" so that I didn't have to do much leveling. He got out his level and had me pull forward and back up just a little etc. etc. so that it ended up that I didn't need to level at all. It did have full hook up but I didn't use the sewer because I didn't really need it for 1 night. The electric worked great. The water was a little inconvenient. It's built into a hole in the ground so it was awkward to hook up. I had to get on my hands and knees in wet leaves in order to hook up the water. As others have said it's really an old trailer park and there are a lot of stationary mobile homes that have not been kept in very good condition. Overall it was fine for a one night stay but I don't think it is a good place to go camping for a week. The pizza was very good from the place that they recommended, which I forget the name of now but I'm sure they could tell you if you went there. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Travel Trailer.

30 A

Date of Stay: October, 2016 - $35.00

This is a very old mobile home park that they are now calling a RV park. There are trees throughout the park and it was grown up and no grass in the park. The road did not loop around and was gravel and narrow only wide enough for one vehicle. Many of the mobile homes looked really old and with no sun and they were covered in mildew and pine needles. Overall this is a depressing place. Our site had pine needles all over and there seemed to be no maintenance. No cable but our antennae worked fine and the Wifi worked as we were near the tower. Doubt we would ever return here. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

Spacious, Nearby
Mostly Shady, Covered Forested

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $35.00

We really enjoyed our stay here and the managers are great. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: September, 2016 - $35.00

Very friendly and conscientious owners. Some very large pull thru sites (100'). Nicely wooded and quiet. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Fifth Wheel.

Date of Stay: August, 2016 - $35.00

Very secluded, somewhat difficult to find because the signs do not say RV anything, but "Spring Hill." Located at the end of a gravel road next to the church and cemetery. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

Gravel, Dirt, Grass
Other

Close to UNC Chapel Hill and Duke Hospitals.

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

I spent 5 nights while my wife was in the North Carolina Memorial hospital at Chapel Hill. The staff is extremely friendly and strive to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The park is quiet; large wooded sites with plenty of birds and squirrels. The speed limit is 5 miles per hour, making it safe for children to play and adults to walk without the fear of being hit by a speeder. The best feature, Springhill is a safe place for your family. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel
Other

Date of Stay: July, 2016 - $35.00

This is a mobile home park that is being changed over to an RV park so there are a few mobile homes still there. There are also a number of RVs there for an extended period of time. It is a shady, quiet park with a very friendly and helpful staff. It was very restful and comfortable. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $15.00

I absolutely loved my time at the park. The sites are spacious, quite/private, and completely wooded--it is truly a park-like setting. The staff was responsive and a pleasure to work with.

Highly recommend the park for the atmosphere and the proximity to Chapel Hill and Carrboro!

Thanks! We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

Concrete, Gravel

Date of Stay: May, 2016 - $15.00

We have adopted this park as our permanent residence for domicile purposes (though we will be traveling most of the year), so the rate is the daily equivalent of a monthly rate, to which electricity must be added. We have been here for 2 months, so have had a good taste of the park.

The park is a converted trailer park; there are several legacy mobile homes. The sites are therefore much more spread out than in a typical RV Park, and they are situated in a nice stand of hardwood forest. Ours is possibly the nicest of any RV park site we have experienced in many years of casual RVing.

The park owner and staff are superb: they are friendly and couldn't be more helpful. WiFi reception is much better than most parks we have been in, though it does occasionally go down.

Though most of the residents are semi-permanent (mostly folks in long-term hospital care situations, or traveling workers) or permanent, there are several sites for short-termers and people are coming and going all the time. So, come visit -- you can rent our site if we're not here!

For short-termers, though, the sites may not be equipped as might be expected for the usual RV Park, for instance, picnic tables and fire rings are not provided, though they are allowed. And, there are no public shower/toilet/laundry facilities. For this reason, we scored the park a 9, instead of a 10. We camped at Spring Hill Mobile Home Park in a Motorhome.

The park is located about 6 min west of Carrboro, NC, which is side-by-side with Chapel Hill. UNC is a 15 min drive away. Duke is about a 30 min drive away.

Featured Campgrounds Near Spring Hill Mobile Home Park

Are you affiliated with Spring Hill Mobile Home Park ?