Cherokee, North Carolina

• Live Entertainment Live Entertainment yes
  • River River yes

Thorfinn

Date of Stay: May, 2015 - $32.00

Getting to, and into this park is a challenge. Big Cove rd is narrow & in bad shape in places with the road bank falling into the river in several locations. The road into the park has those suspension shattering high plastic speed bumps. I wouldn't take my camper in there again even if the camping was free. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Travel Trailer.

Newfound Lodge on 441 in Cherokee has an awesome buffet!

RV-NCcamping

Date of Stay: September, 2014 - $45.00

We take our grand daughter here every summer for "her" vacation with use. There the wagon ride with Yogi & plenty of crafts & actives for all ages of kids. The campground is kept in pristine condition, when campers leave, the staff is there immediately cleaning up and preparing the site for the next campers! Staff has always been exceptionally friendly and helpful! We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Fifth Wheel.

Palomino Highwall

Date of Stay: July, 2014 - $50.00

Can't really say anything negative about this campground. It is very kid-oriented so it's great if you have them. There are activities throughout the day, bike rentals, etc. to keep them busy. One of the things that I loved about it was, unlike the other campground down the road, it has true "riverfront" sites for a tent or small camper. Wi-Fi is okay when it's working. It was out of service for the first half of our trip. Going to the "Unto These Hills" show in town was one of the highlights of our vacation. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Motorhome.

HappyCampers6

Date of Stay: July, 2013 - $45.00

When we checked in the lady in the office was super friendly. We were led to our campsite by one of the rangers who helped us get backed in and he also made sure that we had everything we needed before driving off. Our site was surprising level and all of the hookups were perfect distance. The site itself was private and very large. We were pleasantly surprised by that. We were close to the bathhouses but didn't use them during our trip. I did walk in there just to see how clean they were as I know families that tent camp and they are always looking for clean bathhouses and family friendly parks. The staff was always visible around the campground whether they were cleaning or just making sure they weren't needed. While we were packing up to leave the Ranger came over to make sure we didn't need help and to make sure we enjoyed our stay. He was such a wonderful man who truly enjoyed his job and that was such a great thing. They had plenty of activities for children throughout the day. I would highly recommend this to families. The road leading up there was a little winding but that's the joys of camping in the mountains. The weather and staff were wonderful We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Travel Trailer.

Ray T

Date of Stay: June, 2013 - $45.00

I would not recommend this campground to anyone. It all started with the guy from the park who said he would watch the front of the RV as we maneuvered into the site and let me run right into an electrical box with the front putting a hole in the body of the grill and the rock guard. This RV up until now has not had a scratch on it. Second the power fluctuates very badly. Turn anything on, and all the lights go dim. They changed the breaker, and it does the same thing. The AC unit only runs at half and is struggling. Third the cable (their satellite) started out fine and then got very snowy. This is after the breaker change. I went out to check the cable line, and it was hot. So hot it melted the connections on both end. The park guys came out again and did something. I went to hook up another cable and now get absolutely nothing on the TVs. Evidently fried the cable line through the coach. Fourth their WIFI is as slow as I remember dial up being. They say they are not responsible for accidents or anything else, and we should have a surge protector on the coach. What that has got to do with the cable I have no idea. All and all beware. We have been camping in various RV's for over 20 years and have never written a review for any campgrounds that we have been too. But I could not let this one go by. This is the worst camping experience we have ever had. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Motorhome.

WagginTails

Date of Stay: June, 2012 - $55.00

Nestled deep in the forest and along the Raven Fork River. Park is old but well kept. Lots of kids and lots of activities for family. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff. Slow internet and limited cell service. We stayed 2 nights. Would we stay here again? No, there are other RV Parks nearby that appear more cozy. We just prefer a park that is less busy. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Fifth Wheel.

loualba

Date of Stay: October, 2011 - $42.00

Campground clean (Bathrooms could have used more cleaning throughout the day but overall fairly cleaned), staff friendly, plenty trees for shade, and several activities schedule for the children throughout the day. I would return again. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Travel Trailer.

twingirls

Date of Stay: July, 2011 - $65.00

This was a great campground! There were so many activities that we didn't have time to do all of them while only staying for 3 nights and wanting to see the sights in Cherokee. We did enjoy the pool, the hayride with Yogi, the playground, the arts and crafts, the movie, and, most of all, the tubing down the river! The people were very friendly and courteous. The only reason I did not give this park a rating of 10 was because there were a few times when our power would get so low that we couldn't run the AC or anything else. When we had them look at it, they said that since it's on an Indian reservation, they would not come out an fix it after complaining about it for 2 years. It's not the campground's fault, but it's something that we had never experienced before. It turned out to be OK after we agreed on turning off certain things and our neighbors did the same. We really enjoyed our time at Yogi in the Smokes and will definitely return when we visit Cherokee again. It was definitely worth the trip! We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Travel Trailer.

sncjn

Date of Stay: June, 2011 - $40.00

Great, family, pet friendly campground. We only had two issues with the campground. The game room was a little lacking. A lot of the machines were out of order. I say this because, in our world of video gaming kids, they love to play video games. Our kids were a little disappointed. The only other issue I would say we had, is when it rains, it is extremely messy. They really need to gravel the roads and sites a bit more heavily because of the black dirt, the shade keeping it from drying out, and the fact that it is so level that water doesn't run off very well. In spite of this, we really enjoyed the wooded, mountain atmosphere. We will definitely return. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Tent Trailer.

the fosters

Date of Stay: April, 2011 - $49.00

We have been camping at Yogi in the Smokies for seven years and have enjoyed our stay there every year! It is a family campground and it kept neat and clean! We love the fun family activities! Staff members are friendly and helpful! Once you camp there you will want to go back! We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Travel Trailer.

rvingillustrated

Date of Stay: October, 2010 - $43.00

We stayed here about 10 years ago, and had a terrible stay. The place has different owners and it was a lot better. This is still not my favorite campground and will probably choose a different one next time, but my choice should not discourage anyone from staying here by any means. Pros: Staff is great and friendly. Smiled and greeted us when we arrived. Escorted us to our site and helped us back in. Delivered firewood to the site since we bought a bunch. Always smiled and waved when passing by on their golf cart. I needed a sewing needle to stitch something up and went to the office to see if they sold a sewing kit. They didn't but the manager had one behind the counter that she let me borrow. Activities: The activities for the kids were plentiful. They had trick or treating, a haunted house, movie, arts and crafts, etc. Cons: I visited the bathhouse one time. While it was modern enough, the 2 stalls in it were dirty. One still had "remains" from a previous visitor and the other ones had black stuff (might of been wet dirt) on the floor. I didn't stay. And I had just seen a cleaning person leaving the bathhouse. Never went back in there, so I don't know how long it stayed like that. But I did see the cleaning person go down there often which seemed like at least once an hour. The sites aren't marked very well. Seems like one site just flows into another. They are all very close together as well. Cable TV did not work well at all. I thought it was ours, but my sister's site had bad cable TV as well as the cable in my other sister's cabin. Wi-Fi was sort of sporadic. I could get a signal in parts of my site, but would lose it in other parts. While there were a lot more pros about the kids activities, the major con to me was that just about everything cost something. I can understand the arts and crafts, but other stuff should be included in the camping price. Location: while deep in the park, it's a pretty view, getting there is not the best. Right before you enter the chain link fence, you feel like you are driving through a scene from the movie "Deliverance." You also get the great sound of dogs (sounded like bloodhounds) barking, from a residence outside the park. Not to include the sound of machinery. All in all a good trip, somethings can be changed, others can't and will always hurt this place. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Travel Trailer.

NC RV Travler

Date of Stay: September, 2010 - $35.00

My kids love Yogi Bear Campgrounds and this one up there at the top compared to the others. The owners are nice and helpful. The staff were very nice also. They had plenty events scheduled throughout the day to keep our kids from saying "We're Bored" every five minutes. The bathrooms and showers was an add-on building which was new from the last couple of times we camped here. (We stayed in one of their cabins the first time here and they where nice too!) We stayed here in our tent on the river. That was nice, but the site was a bit steep, slanting down toward the river. The campground is outside the hustle and bustle of Cherokee which is a good thing, but can be a bit much if you just want to run into town for something. We enjoy this campground and that's why we keep coming back. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Tent.

waiteskb

Date of Stay: August, 2010 - $51.00

I stayed here 3 nights with my sons ages 7 and 10 years. We had a wonderful time swimming, tubing, and fishing in the river, swimming in the pool, riding bicycles, and cooking out. I will definitely stay here again if I visit this area. Space sizes are generous and ground is level. They also have numerous cabins. The only negative aspects are: (1) It is a long 7 miles back to Cherokee for entertainment, dining, shopping, etc.; (2)The campground has very limited groceries and no prepared food; (3) Cable TV did not work and local channel reception is poor, but in my site # 29 I was able to get a great signal on my satellite; (4) There is no cell phone service but Wi-Fi Internet service is good; (5) Camping fee is high, but with all of the amenities I felt it was worth the money. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Motorhome.

kangerthal

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $50.00

The kids loved the park! They are 7 and 9 and still buy into the whole "ride with Yogi and Cindy on the wagon" thing. We had a river site and going to bed with the sound of the rushing river was great! The kids tubed from one end of the campground to the other many times. It is a bit shallow/rocky but for young ones thats better so you don't have to worry about them drowning. The pool was clean, bathrooms were a bit dirty but overall it was a great experience and the view was great. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Motorhome.

whiten

Date of Stay: July, 2010 - $43.00

Very kid friendly, my 4year old had a blast. The down side is some of sites are close together and others don't drain very well. We got lucky with the site we stayed on (236) it was big and right next to small field. Some of road are tight but most shouldn't have any problem. We camped at Yogi In The Smokies in a Travel Trailer.

Are you affiliated with Yogi In The Smokies?